First grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonGrownBud

Connoisseur
Reaction score
:welcome:

Hello all and welcome to my first grow journal, Sit back and enjoy the show:bong1:

So to start things off i should say this is my second grow (1st lost to spider mites) so any suggestions are more than welcomed. I'm currently growing 7 plants (2 dwarf and in same pot). I got the plants from a friend on 8/28 and they had already been in veg for 2 weeks.

Plants
  • 6 Blue Dream (2 dwarf)
  • 1 Black Cherry
Nutrients
  • EarthJuice Grow 2-1-1 (used in veg only)
  • EarthJuice Bloom 0-3-1
  • EarthJuice Microblast
  • HarvestMoon Plant Growth Enhancer
  • HarvestMoon Soil Nutrient 2-5-2
  • HarvestMoon Fish Bone Meal
  • Aggrand Liquid Lime
Soil
  • Aurora Innovations Roots Organics - GreenLite
  • Aurora Innovations Roots Organics - Formula 707
  • In 7 Gallon Squat Pots
Lights
  • 1 1000w HPS Air Cooled
  • 1 400w MH
Room
  • 7' Length, 5' Width, 7' Height
  • 1 mil mylar for light reflection
  • 70-85 Degrees during "Day" 50-70 Degrees during "Night"
  • Not sure of humidity but its pretty humid
  • 2 Fans (1 at the base & 1 in the middle)
Watering
  • Ph 6.3-6.9
  • 3 Gallons of water (Half per plant)
  • 9 TBS EarthJuice Bloom, 3 TBS Fish Bone Meal, 6 TSP HarvestMoon Soil Nutrient
  • Once A Week: 3 TSP HarvestMoon Plant Growth Enhancer
  • Every 2 Weeks: 3 TSP EarthJuice Microblast

Miscellaneous
  • Plants are between 5'8-7'4
  • 6 Tops tied down(Due to Height Problems:eek:)
  • 2 Separate plants staked up with bamboo(Due to plant falling over)
  • 100% Neem used for bug repellent (Don't work too well for me)
  • Monterey All natural 3 in 1 garden insect spray(Also not very good success)
  • The 2 dwarf plants only get 1/8 the water.
:farm:Currently:farm:

• Looking into some stronger P-K Nutrients
  • Need to buy more HarvestMoon Fish Bone Meal(out as of Nov. 10)
  • Need to buy more HarvestMoon Soil Nutrient(out as of Nov. 15)
  • Fighting what seems to be root aphids(Not exactly winning)

9/30/11 & 10/8/11

0930011955a.jpg

1008012157.jpg

1008012157a.jpg

1008012158.jpg

Cool man

Looks like you're having a room full of bud soon, nice

Yes!:bongin:

but not soon enough, a bit low on the meds right now. will be out very shortly :(

Beauty room there OGB. Looks like you like your sativa. Pulled up a chair

OregonGrownBud said:
Yes!:bongin:

but not soon enough, a bit low on the meds right now. will be out very shortly :(

I know that feeling its gonna be a long couple weeks till thanksgiving :(

Mojo OGB

I would recommend not using the vigoro anymore (why are you using it?)--it is defeating the purpose of all those organics you are using.

If you are using neem oil on a regular basis as a mite treatment, I would stop that too. Mites build up a tolerance to treatments very quickly and neem is not really a very good mite treatment anyway. I treat mites when and if they happen with a strong miticide.

Do you have some kind of centrifuge exhaust fan in your space? Your space is quite crowded--crowded conditions, high humidity, high temps, and little air movement is a recipe for mold and/or mildew.

Your plants seem to have quite a sativa look to them --how long do you estimate they will flower?

room looks good, but i wouldnt use neem in flower. it will render the bud unsmokable. blaccghttt. very nasty tasting, and i'd rather smoke mites if thats all i had...

Sol said:
Beauty room there OGB. Looks like you like your sativa. Pulled up a chair
Thank you, and yes i really enjoy sativa's. but givin my space conditions i might have to start doing more indica dominate strains. the sativas just grow too tall for my room.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would recommend not using the vigoro anymore (why are you using it?)--it is defeating the purpose of all those organics you are using.

If you are using neem oil on a regular basis as a mite treatment, I would stop that too. Mites build up a tolerance to treatments very quickly and neem is not really a very good mite treatment anyway. I treat mites when and if they happen with a strong miticide.

Do you have some kind of centrifuge exhaust fan in your space? Your space is quite crowded--crowded conditions, high humidity, high temps, and little air movement is a recipe for mold and/or mildew.

Your plants seem to have quite a sativa look to them --how long do you estimate they will flower?
I use the vigoro because it's a bit stronger than the organics. and ive noticed when i water with just the vigoro the leaves seem to perk up a bit more. but it could be my imagination. And if you dont mind me askin whats the problem with using a non organic? does it make the organic ones no longer work?

The neem i use once i see they have started gaining population. right now I have no plant damage, so im guessing their attacking the roots? once i come up with some money ill look into buying something to water the plant with to kill the suckers in the soil. And what is a strong miticide you would recommend? ive heard of mighty wash, but have never tried it.

i dont exactly have any exhaust right now, i just open up the room to let the trapped air out during the day. The way the fans are set up i feel like there is a good amount of air movement.

And from what i was told the bluedreams flower for 55 days and the blackcherry 58 days. but idk if that is true so im gonna go based on trich color. my guess tho it will be around 8 weeks.

Irish said:
room looks good, but i wouldnt use neem in flower. it will render the bud unsmokable. blaccghttt. very nasty tasting, and i'd rather smoke mites if thats all i had...
Ya i havnt used the neem at all during flower, good thing that woulda been no good. thanks for lettin me know!

Lemon Jack said:
I know that feeling its gonna be a long couple weeks till thanksgiving :(

Mojo OGB
Yes except i gotta wait till the middle of december :watchplant:
But im hoping my patience will pay off in the end:bongin:

Anybody know if using a chemical based fertilizer with organic fertilizers will cause the organic one to no longer work?

PuffinNugs said:
i would use one or the other but it wont make the other "not work". almost all the nutes i use are pretty much organic but cant be labled as so but are "biodegradeable" and sometimes ill add some chemical nute to help out and it doesnt seem to affect the normal ones. you just cant consider it organics anymore once you add any.
Ah i see alright thanks for clearing that up. Is there a disadvantage to not being all organic? i realize organic is better for the body. But does being all organic have higher yields/potency? vs using a mix of organic and chemical?

I agree with Puffin on this. I doubt that anyone can actually tell the difference after a good cure.

Good to know guys thanks for the help.

Have any of you heard of vigoro? is it any good?
I saw a friend who used it for his plants when he grew, he had gigantic plants. so i picked myself up some. But know nothing about it, nor have i read anything about it being used for marijuana.

Generally speaking, a 10-10-10 nutrient is not what you want for mj. You need different levels of N-P-K for different times in the growing cycle.

You got some nice looking plants bro. I can tell a difference in organic and non organic if there hasn't been a cure. Like when it comes in a big brick. But if cured well, I don't think you can tell. Green Mojo, Peace.

Latest posts

Back