first grow kinda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 29 folks,
I am going to take some clones in a few days and maybe flower in a week or two. Just gave them their second feeding of grow big

green 004.jpg

green 003.jpg

Whats going on DKM. Your garden is coming along real nice. Once you start cloning it's gonna be hard to ever plant a seed again. ;)

Hey TBG . Yah I hope to get a perpetual grow goin on with clones from these. But I will try some of that WW seed sometime down the road.

I lined my cardboard with mylar so those baby's are gettin all the light out of what little I have. Gonna read the forum now for cloning and flouresent flowering..
Thanks for keepin an eye on my grow.

green 003.jpg

Your lookng real good man. You've come a long way. Looks like you got a real grow room now lol. How much did the mylar run ya? Keep it up.

Looks like you got a real grow room now lol.

It is just an illusion lol. I bought some survival blankets for $1.25 each. They said they were mylar on the web page, but all it says on the package is aluminized polyester . I suppose its at least in the same family.

day 33 and two plants have hairs everywhere ( pre-flowers? )

Just gonna keep em growing till more of the smaller nodes get bigger and bigger.

anyone have an easy cloning guide ? can I get away without that dome thingy?

green 001.jpg

dontknowmuch said:
day 33 and two plants have hairs everywhere ( pre-flowers? )

Just gonna keep em growing till more of the smaller nodes get bigger and bigger.

anyone have an easy cloning guide ? can I get away without that dome thingy?

View attachment 13336
Whats up DKM. Here is a link to Hicks soil cloning. We have had great results with his method. Get yourself one of those plastic storage bins at Wal-Mart. Then take a clear plastic trash bag and cut it to fit the storage bin. Then you need a giant rubber band to put around the plastic to make a nice tight seal. This is how we do it and it works great. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441

Day 40,

I have attempted to clone these mama's and here are some pics,
Also I will begin flowering tonight. A couple questions on cloning. First, The tops of my clones are about 6 inches from the top of my container, Do I need to raise them? and how about lighting. I have them under some cfls, Do they need to be pretty close to the tops, not sure if they will melt the plastic I am using for the cover, And should they be on 24/7 or 18/6.
Also will I be watering them at all soon or just mist if I see wilting?.

one more question for now. I was wondering If I can clone from clones later on and flower all 4 of my plants , or should I keep one of the big ones for a mother?

Thanks for any advise

IM001224.JPG

IM001225.JPG

IM001227.JPG

IM001229.JPG

Just a note ... I try not to make a habit of using Styrofoam and other non bio degradable/non recyclable materials, I just happened to have these lying around from years ago and I will try to reuse them as many times as I can.

dontknowmuch said:
Day 40,

I have attempted to clone these mama's and here are some pics,
Also I will begin flowering tonight. A couple questions on cloning. First, The tops of my clones are about 6 inches from the top of my container, Do I need to raise them? and how about lighting. I have them under some cfls, Do they need to be pretty close to the tops, not sure if they will melt the plastic I am using for the cover, And should they be on 24/7 or 18/6.
Also will I be watering them at all soon or just mist if I see wilting?.

one more question for now. I was wondering If I can clone from clones later on and flower all 4 of my plants , or should I keep one of the big ones for a mother?

Thanks for any advise

View attachment 13660

View attachment 13661

View attachment 13662

View attachment 13663
Whats up DKM. No your clones are fine that distance. Nope your CFL's don't have to be close to your clones. You should have them under 24/7 light. As far as water goes we put some in the bottom of the tub and let them **** it in through the holes. Then when the top comes off we give them a quick spray or if they wilt we spray. And yes you can clone from clones.

Whats up DKM. No your clones are fine that distance. Nope your CFL's don't have to be close to your clones. You should have them under 24/7 light. As far as water goes we put some in the bottom of the tub and let them **** it in through the holes. Then when the top comes off we give them a quick spray or if they wilt we spray. And yes you can clone from clones.

cool beans TBG. I appreciate that you have taken the time to keep an eye on my grow.

Well the bad news tonight is that 2 of my 4 plants have decided to grow some balls, So I had to call them out and chop those suckers down! Got rid of the male clones and now am left with 4 clones. I may take another cutting, because I would like to flower 4 and have one for a mother. The good news is now I have all female !

Question,
Would it be a total no-no to reuse the soil that the male plants were in,
I only gave them a few feedings of grow big , could there be pollen in the soil ? , and if I can reuse it do I have to make sure I get every crumb of root out. I only ask because it is just kind of a hassle to dispose of it due to my living conditions. I am assuming this is probably a no-no but what the heck, never hurts to ask.

Gracias

I am not sure if I mentioned this, But this first grow attempt will be all cfl.

For flowering two plants I am using 8 27w 2700k and a total of 14,000 lumens

I have reused soil before. I had a plant that grew for a month n a half and endin up being a male, so i flush out the 5 gallon bucket I had it in (ran about 5 gallons) and put a new smaller plant in the bucket that I had growing in a smaller pot. The plant got a little nute burn (should have flush the bucker with more water) but is doing healthy now as it is producing buds at the moment. Hope this helps. Plants look good by way, but i think u may need more lumens to produce nice size buds. I will leave that up to the experts on here though. Good luck mayn.

Day 12 of flowering and all is looking good so far.

My clones have been a up and down battle but are looking like they are going to make it. I will post pics in a couple days when I transplant them.

Happy Holidays.

IM001249.JPG

IM001248.JPG

IM001247.JPG

Your plants are looking very healthy. Good work so far. Soon though, you will be needing more light. Very soon. Do you have a fan on the babies? That will help dissipate the heat, refresh the air and strengthen your plants. To expand on EM's comments which are right on as usual, each time the distance doubles from light to plant with CFL's, you're loosing lumens like crazy. Going form 1 inch to 2 inches to 4 to 8 is just rediculous the amount of lumens you lose. I would highly recomment a HPS for flowering, and a smaller, more confined space. Even though your grow 'area' is relatively small, the square feet of the entire room is being lit form the light down.
Keep it up and you will have some great plants!

I actually posted this before the update in the post above mine. Now that I see them, I can defintiely tell you that you will be disapointed with the overall bud content and weight with just CFL's. The plant does look nice and healthy!

Ok,
I have transplanted my clones and they have very good root growth.
When would it be ok to feed these little ladies some nutes?

IM001252.JPG

IM001253.JPG

Latest posts

Back