First grow question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone again!

Reaction score
I looked in the book "Marijuana Grower's Handbook" and online and I could not find any info on switching stages... What signs do you guy's use to decide when to take your lady's from a vegetative state to start the flowering cycle? And how much bigger will the plant get when in the flower cycle? Like 10% or 20% bigger? Thanks guys!

I usually flip mine when they are over a foot tall, like a foot n a half to two... when u flip them they can dbl n size or just stretch alittle it depends on the strain... My jack herer grew a foot in 12 days so its a guessing game for me

Stone again! said:
I looked in the book "Marijuana Grower's Handbook" and online and I could not find any info on switching stages... What signs do you guy's use to decide when to take your lady's from a vegetative state to start the flowering cycle? And how much bigger will the plant get when in the flower cycle? Like 10% or 20% bigger? Thanks guys!

Total allowed height is the guideline for switching to flowering. The plant will grow anywhere from 50% taller to 300% taller, depending on growing technique, strain, phenotype and lighting. The value of growing the same strain many times is that you learn its characteristics and can plan your grow much better than when growing a "first-time" strain.

I grow P98BK and know that if I switch to flowering at 20 inches, than my grow height will be used up by harvest time. Growers who grow a different strain each time or mix strains in a single grow have more to think about. Each strain will handle nutrients and light differently and may grow faster or slower than the other strains in the same grow. Canopy management becomes more difficult then, and beginners may have problems.

I very seldom switch a plant to 12/12(flowering) til it has reached sexual maturity(alternating nodes). The plant can grow to double it's height with some strains, all you can do is grow them and see how much they will grow in flowering

I'm with Ozzy. I wait until sexual maturity to switch to flowering if growing from seed. With clones, I generally wait until they are 2' or so.

Latest posts

Back