First grow sucked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireWeed

Reaction score
My first grow i started ended very quickly i germinated 7 seeds and 6 sprouted and of those six only one busted through the soil and this plant lasted for about 5 days and dies over night. I know this is because i used a crappy work lite i had so my plant would get to hot and i would end up wattering way to much. So this week im probaly gettin a 4ft fluro and ill mix the 2 type of bulbs and im gonna get some new seeds and try again. Im confused on if i want to put my plant under light after i plant the rooted seed or if i want to keep it in the dark with the soil moist till it breaks through the soil. Any help would be nice.

You don't need light until the seed breaks the soil.
You can have a light on but it's just a waste of $.

A "work light" most likely will hurt your plants more than help them.
Only 3 types of light are adequate for growing pot:
Fluorescents (poor)
MH (great for veg not so much for flowering)
HPS (the King Of Lights).

Ok ganja thanks for that i knew the work light sucked it was way to hot when i noticed my plant died i dug it up to see how much the roots grew and the soil was very hot so im definatly gonna give growing another try with better equipment.

it was probaly some crappy ass heat lamp,mines died the first grow i used that

hey im growing indoors but the only place i can put it is in an old fridge dont worry its not on so its warm in there do you think the grow well work even though not much air can pass through?

A.K. said:
hey im growing indoors but the only place i can put it is in an old fridge dont worry its not on so its warm in there do you think the grow well work even though not much air can pass through?
whats up A.K. you need ventalation in your fridge. plants need fresh air.

You have to modify a fridge drastically for it to work. Drill hole and put in fans whole nine yards. but make a great system. perfectly sealed from light. freezer section for moms and clone and fridge section for flower. Makes for a sweet set-up if done right. don't forget a carbon scrubber for exhaust. ;)

Mutt said:
You have to modify a fridge drastically for it to work. Drill hole and put in fans whole nine yards. but make a great system. perfectly sealed from light. freezer section for moms and clone and fridge section for flower. Makes for a sweet set-up if done right. don't forget a carbon scrubber for exhaust. ;)

well then how would i go about getin rid of the smell?

another newby question but how long does it take once you plant the germinated seeds to sprout and spread there arms into the world lol?

Latest posts

Back