First Grow, take a look=)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witness

Reaction score
I recently started my first grow and stumbled across the forum. It seems like a great oppertunity to get some good tips & help while I work on my skillz and wait for the green.

I started up with 15 seeds which came of a bud a friend gave me. I'm not really sure what strain it is so I'll let you guys figure that out. I think it might be White Widow though.

For lightning I use a HPS 400W.
Soil: Some premix from the flowerist(the "best" they had she said)
mixed with buildingsand 10% and cat sand(instead of perlite)20%,
the bottom inch of the pots are filled with leka.

Nutrients: A bottle of something, roughly transelated, called "plant nutrients"^^
; Nitrogen Total-N 0.6%
NO3-N 0.3%
NH4-N 0.6%
Fosforus 1.8%
; Kalium, Magnesium, sulfur, Iron & the list goes on.

I dont use any artificial ventilation, my loft/growspace has a wicked draft anyways.

This first picture shows my plants just after changing to permanent pots.
I guess they're 20 days old at this stage. I'll take some new pics as soon as possible. I guess in about a few days. My babies are going strong on day 29 now and I'll show ASAP.

20phtoshop-days.gif

Whats up Witness.
00000009.gif
to MP. You will find this to be a great site with lots of helpful information and funny members. Stop into chat sometime and you will find out. Looks like you are on your way to having a great looking grow.
fing32.gif

off to a nice start,like children in a play ground ,,keep us posted brother

Lookin good Witness, very nice first grow, you're off to a great start. Fresh air, good lighting, good soil, and water..and of course love ;)

That's what your plants will need to thrive, and looks like you've pretty much 'hit the nail on the head'. One thing though, once those plants start to get bigger and bigger, you may want to consider transplanting to even bigger pots. Big plants need a lot of space for the roots to spread out in order to thrive, but considering this is your first grow, I wouldn't worry about it, just something to think about and keep in mind for your next grow ;)

And also, I'm not familiar with the fert you are using, but regardless of that at this stage it is very important to be extremely careful with ferting your plants, they are so small right now that one over fertilized watering could potentially kill them. When ferting at this stage I would use a fert specifically meant for young plants, or just wait until they're a bit bigger to start the ferting.

Anyways, all that being said you have a very nice looking grow, so don't let what I said discourage you, just some helpful, however long winded advice. You're doin a good job, keep it up and keep us posted! :)

I've taken some new pics today and these show the plants after 30 days. Notice the extreme growth in just ten days after planting in the new pots.

As I'm new to this I am a bit uncertain when to start flowering but I've been thinking of starting the process in a few weeks. As you will notice I haven't topped or pruned anything yet. I guess ill have to start pretty soon or just wait for my next crop.

Does anyone have a clue to what strain these just by looking at the pics?
I'll keep you guys posted as the plants grow on.

I'm a bit unsure of the amount of water required for every watering, any tips on that? (the pots contain around 5 litres of soil-mix)

30dager1.gif

30dager2.gif

30dager3.gif

30dager4.gif

30dager5.gif

30dager6.gif

Witness said:
I've taken some new pics today and these show the plants after 30 days. Notice the extreme growth in just ten days after planting in the new pots.

As I'm new to this I am a bit uncertain when to start flowering but I've been thinking of starting the process in a few weeks. As you will notice I haven't topped or pruned anything yet. I guess ill have to start pretty soon or just wait for my next crop.

Does anyone have a clue to what strain these just by looking at the pics?
I'll keep you guys posted as the plants grow on.

I'm a bit unsure of the amount of water required for every watering, any tips on that? (the pots contain around 5 litres of soil-mix)
Whats up Witness. As far as strain goes you can't tell unless you know where it came from. So in other words you have bagseed. When you water just take you finger and stick it in the soil 2 or 3 inches. If it is dry then give them a drink. Maybe this will give you some kind of idea. I have my plants in a 3 gallon pot and give them 2 liters of water each every 3 or 4 days.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Witness. As far as strain goes you can't tell unless you know where it came from. So in other words you have bagseed. When you water just take you finger and stick it in the soil 2 or 3 inches. If it is dry then give them a drink. Maybe this will give you some kind of idea. I have my plants in a 3 gallon pot and give them 2 liters of water each every 3 or 4 days.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Think I might do just that=)
I'm having a great time at the forum allready, cant wait to post new pics in a few days^^

Hey bro,
Lookin good. One recomendation tho... If your not gonna re-transplant, then for sure wrap some black tape around those pots or something. Roots don't like light.
good luck

mountain said:
Hey bro,
Lookin good. One recomendation tho... If your not gonna re-transplant, then for sure wrap some black tape around those pots or something. Roots don't like light.
good luck

great I didn't know that. I was actually enjoying beein able to see the roots through the pot. I guess I'll miss out on that for a while then=)

Here's a few more pics where i've tried some LST(Low stress Training)
and hopefully I've done it correct, feel free to tell me if I haven't . One of them is taken from right next to the lamp(note that I've bent bound plants away from the light, allthough I don't know this to be correct) .

banding1.gif

banding2.gif

Lookin really great! That's a lotta green;)

your plants look very happy Witness....good job :)

Cat litter is clay. Put some in a styro cup and wet it. come back the next day and it's ONE BIG SILLY PUTTY GLOB. You might want to re-think that next time.

Did you read that in one of these forums?

Hey guys. About the cat litter or sand or whatever it's called I didn't know it was clay^^ Don't remember where i read it actually, but I think it might have been in a gardening forum I was visiting before comming across this one=) I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. The plants look ok so far though.

OMG, I guess ur right Songrighter=( I've made like a cardinal mistake.......Damnit.
Well, I feel stupid.

I've tried some LST(at least I think I have)on them now. Plz give me some feedback and feel free to make advice.

Is it possible to make an estimate concerning potential yield by looking at the pics? My plan is to flower them within the next two week.
I know this can be hard to answer, but I'll still give the question a try^^

All the best
Witness

33dager1.gif

33dager2.gif

33dager3.gif

33dager8.gif

33dager7.gif

33dager5.gif

great pics!!! you are doing a great job.....seems you have been reading and following all the advice...good work :)

Now thats a lot of bondage hahahaha, lookin good Witness keep it up and keep us posted! ;)

Insane said:
Now thats a lot of bondage hahahaha, lookin good Witness keep it up and keep us posted! ;)

like to much or just like we want it?=)

The babies are growing up. It seems the LST has paid of a bit in terms of bushiness and thats just a whole lotta fun. Even though I might have made a mistake with my soil-mixture they still look good. I guess they're 38 days old now and just a week or so from 12/12. I can't belive the exitement I've been feeling the last couple of days, they're just beautiful. I'll post some pics ASAP and let you all have a final look before flowering starts. Take care

Latest posts

Back