First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, This is my first thread and first time trying to grow so hope it's alright. My setup is in a space of 130 x 100 x 46cm using a 125w envirolight and a fan, temp is around 81F. I am try to grow 2 Thai Haze x Skunk & 1 Afghan Kush in a soil mix of 4 parts top soil, 1 part peat moss, 1 part vermiculite & 1 part perlite, Ph is 7.1. At first I had no fan and the light to close to the plants which ended up burning the leaves so I removed the burnt leaves, (not a good idea !). I've also repotted them into bigger pots now as the roots were coming through the peat pots i had them in. The thing is after a month since i first planted them they don't seem to be growing that fast. Am i being to impatiant ? Here's some pics.

2008_0428Firstgrow0002-3.JPG

2008_0428Firstgrow0003-1.JPG

2008_0428Firstgrow0007-1.JPG

2008_0428Firstgrow0009-1.JPG

hello there redeyed blonde and welcome to mp

they do look a little small for a month old but im still learning myself so you may want to put up a journal or put in the sick plants and problem section
but the do look cute ,,goodluck and take care :peace:

Cheers for replying. I'll give it a little bit longer before i start worrying, they are quite small though, maybe it was the bad start they got off too when they had no fan and temp was going upto 90F. I've got some earthjuice which i might give them in a small dose when i next water.

Welcome my friend....pull up somthing comfy...Grab a bong...and start reading the resources tab....ask lots of ?'s...and as for the size of the plants your right the HIGH temps(90)..will slow down growth...try and stay between 78-81....may need to add an exhaust fan at top of Grow Box...Have you started with Nutes yet?..Good luck and Keep it GREEN!!!!

hey i hope your plants do well man :D, i have never grown before but have been reading up on it for months :) so anything i write is purely based on what i have read. just a warning :)

your plants, from what i have seen are tiny for being at this stage...unless you are includeing germination in the time process even then they are still small, it was propably due to the high tempatures, give them a wee while longer and make sure your temps aren't too high, because they actually look really quite healthy, if this was at week one of your grow i would be priasing you right now.

Have you got any real ventilations? like something circulating fresh air in and out? propably not a problem with only 3 small plants but just a thought for the future :)

hope you can work in celcius cause i cant get used to F the tempature should really be between 19Celsius and 25Celsius for optimum growth, although plants can handle temperatures as low as 15celsius and as high as 30celsius there will just be slower growth.

try and drop your ph down to around 6.5ish, 99% of people seem to have more success with the ph under 7

oh and are you making sure each time you water the water is at room temp? because you could be shocking your plants if its not..oh and also how much you watering them and how often? you should only really be watering them once every 3-4days but giveing them alot each time you do

i would love to follow your grow and see how it goes so keep me posted on anything new please :)
hope i helped
lol soz for rambleing on for so long x

my opinion is when you took them leaves off you put them into a severe shock,as small as they are,if you have more seeds,you could even start over with some plants that havent been shocked.(although some people may tell you te keep em) i just think if you restarted you'd beable to have them back at that stage in a week or so..anyways someone in here should beable to give you further instructions.good luck and i look forward to seeing them buds =)

Hello, I thought i best reply, the temp does kinda stay between 78 - 81F, now and again it does go a little over 81 poss to 83, but i think that might be ok as it's not as bad as it was. Thinking of getting an exhaust fan in the fuure if things don't go well this time. Might start with a little earthjuice when next water. The only ventilation they get is when open the door, i suppose this would be enough for just a few plants. i am going to have to get the ph down with the soil next time i try to grow. Water is at room temp, and was watering every time peat pots were dry, i repotted a week ago cos roots were coming through pots and have not watered since, cos i don't want to over water them. I'll wait for the soil to become dry under the surface before i next water.

Welcome to MP.

As G 48911 said, the stress of having leaves removed at such an early stage probably slowed things down a bit.

I'd say they could turn out alright yet. MJ is a pretty tough plant.

Peace RBH

I suppose i did give them hell of a shock when taking the leaves off, but the leaves did look like they were burning quite badly and i did'nt know what it was, so i thought it would be a good idea to remove them. I'm sure this was a result of having the light to close and no fan.

Hmm ... I can have 4 envirolites running 1 inch above my plants and temps never get that high. I know you said you have a fan running, but how is the room ventilated ..ie. how are the plants receiving fresh air ? Is the open door a closet door ?

I take it i'll will have to get an extractor/exhaust fan in the future, to get some fresh air in there as i'm sure all the fan is doing is blowing the air around and possibly lowering the temp only a little. I thought by opening the door every day for a few minutes, they would get a bit fresh air, even if it is for a few mins, and i'm only growing a few.

I would just like to say Thank You to melissa, 4u2smoke, passtheblunt, G_48911 and Runbyhemp for the advice you have given me so far, Cheers

I'm new here too and grow outdoors. I planted seeds outdoors in February while the temp outside was in the 20 - 30 degree range. It took about a week to 2 weeks to germinate and the growth since then has been steady. Now the weather is warming up the plants are really taking off. On your plants, is there any way you can put them outside during the day? I think the fresh air and sun would do them a lot of good. If not then it sounds like they need some fresh air and be careful not to over-water. I've never grown indoors and never had much luck growing any kinds of veggie seedlings indoors. Your plants look good and maybe they just need some time to get over the transplant shock. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back