First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
theyve been out side (for now) and I am currenly building a grow box..
Its been pouring rain so they are a little droopie so I brought them in for a little light and to take some pix to start my journal:

obviously to early to determine sex..so some of these will be killed:eek:

I feel pretty good about the biggest one...starting to see signs of a female..:D

Hopefully I'll be showing off my grow box soon...and this light system will be used....(MH400):D Im ganna pick the best four females and build my box 4' wide..27'' deep and 4' tall....

as you can see in the middle pic ive already got my CPU fans..just need some wood for the box...also some fans or a fan??? for hood exaust..what type of fan do I need for this size bulb?:confused:

Image005.gif

Image007.gif

Image008.gif

Whats up TURKEYNECK. So far so good. Once you get your box built and get those babies in there for 24/7 light they will really take off. I think the fan you need for your hood is called an inline fan and you can get them on ebay. Be sure to measure the hole where the fan goeas because they come in different sizes.

heres the basic box..just need a door some reflectors and fans.....:D

boxgif.gif

Hey Turkeyneck, those babies are lookin nice and happy! Keep up the good work and keep us posted! :D

thanks bro..I'll post more pix as soon as I transfer them to my new box.

TN! I love ya brother........ but lemmee give you a little bit of (solicited) advice.

Personally these babies look waaay too early to be sexed. How long have you done veg for? Plus what is your light cycle?? Are you in flower yet?

I am less inclined to comment on early grows and in this case have no idea where you are at..

Sorry if I'm appearing harsh, but honestly its impossible to give you an opinion if I dunno the details.

Zar....cool..I know that the babies are WAY to young to sex but I believe my 6 week old is a girl..still to early to tell. only because they are outside..Im almost finished with my box.....we'll see.........As soon as I bring 'em in i can control my light cycle. as of now....mother nature is in control. and Im in the south so......long days are inevitable.

ok, here's a suggestion

You will get better feedback giving us the details then letting dorks like me digest it and spew something back. Like the size of the room, what the temps run, etc etc... Let us know how you are approaching your grow and it will really help (me).

I always preface comments on soil saying I've never done it. I've been hydro since day 1 and I think they are different animals.

Now a fan for a 400w? Not much. You have two choices of fans; inline or cage. The cage fans are cheaper but less efficient and noisier.

I use an in-line fan. The brand is Elicent. I think they are really nicely made, extreemly quiet and efficient. I run my 1000w and 400w through a single 306 cfm fan. You go the next level down (I think that's their smallest) and be fine.

Zar...cool for the sake of keeping this thread a "journal"..lets continue this in my "growroom Setup" thread.....

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3849

Stoney Bud is telling me that my box isnt tall enough..Check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks alot man..I put alot of time and money in this box and I want to make it work..the specs are all in the link.

Alright guys...its crunch time.. Im 1 week away from 12/12 flowering..cross your fingers for me... I WANT GIRLS DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

Here is one of my little LST experiments...Wish I knew the strain.

LST01.gif

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the cardinal rule of MJ growing....One plant per pot bro! With as close as you have those babies they are sure to get tangled up. I dont know if there is a way you could separate them but IMHO I would do it as soon as possible. Also the plant in pic 1 up at the top of this thread looks really small for 6 weeks, you should veg that for longer under your 400 watt MH and let that baby fill in...IMHO of course. Your "lst" experiment looks like it is doing good so keep up the work and maybe read a grow guide in your spare time...any how good luck with your grow!

DillaWilla said:
One plant per pot bro! With as close as you have those babies they are sure to get tangled up. I dont know if there is a way you could separate them but IMHO I would do it as soon as possible.

Let me correct this statement:

I know there is a way for you to separate them now (pull them and transplant them) , I just did not know if it was in your budget to go buy 10+ pots right now. Good Luck with your grow!:D

Dilla..Theyve all been transplated weeks ago. the picture above is only one of them that Ive been doing lst on.....lol

Cool man, I am glad to hear that. It definitely sounds like you are headed in the right direction so keep up the good work...and lets see some newer pics of your babies....good luck with your grow...Peace Out

This is my oldest...I know it's time for 12/12 flower..Dont be confused by the chopsticks in the pot..haha Im pulling those limbs down with 'em.

WARNING: Shitty camera phone pictures are blurry.

before.gif

Image001.gif

Alright..Its been a tough month but my crop is inside and seems to be very happy. I just went into 12/12 and Im looking for signs of sex.

The box is working great. Humidity is a little low..but Im working on it..
...Second plant is being tied down (LST) to maximize light exposure to the lower branches.

plantz 003.gif

plantz 002.gif

Whats up TURKEYNECK. Your ladies are looking great. That's right i said ladies. :D I'm sending all my GREEN MOJO POWERS over to those plants and yes they will be ladies. Great job man. ;)

thanks Brotha'..Your green mojo is powerful. I want to try to take some better pictures soon. with higher resolution. I didnt realize how shitty these were when I posted them.

Latest posts

Back