First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New2theGame said:
For days I have been trying to come up with a cool way to drain my buckets since I will not be able to lift them with my scrog on top. I figured it out and bought some stuff today on one of my many lowes trips! I'm going to make a 1/2 tubing 4 way out of pvc and some fittings. Next trip I'm going to buy some 1/2 valves to put in the lines so not only will I be able to pump out solution, but I will be able to pump in solution to each bucket individually since I dont' think hooking up up all 4 and pumping would evenly distribute to each bucket. I need the right sized drill bit guess I will have to get it tomorrow and repost pics when Its built!

I'm not understanding your plan from your description and pictures? How are you going to connect the tubing to the buckets and make it leak-proof? You might want to post your supplies and what you want to do before actually drilling holes in the bottom of the buckets. I would be more for seeing you put a feed line down through the top of the buckets if you are using a pump and will fill the buckets individually.

You can fill all the buckets at the same time if they are all connected by a common line near the bottom of the bucket. Water will seek its own level. In fact, if they are all connected low, it will be impossible for one bucket to have more solution than the others.

The screen looks great.

there are already drain level tubes on the sides. im just connecting a hose to the end of that and connecting them all to a 4 way. ill post pics when my drill is done charging. i cannot find an inline water pump.... ***!!

Nice little scrog. :cool2:

Ide imagine a robust plant will lift that pvc frame clear off the ground. Might want to tie it into the floor somehow while allowing it to be adjustable.

Just my thoughts. Looks like you have a solid plan. Mojo for the build and grow.

:48:

Drfting07

ok here it is tell me what you think :)

phpbrbBKNAM.jpg

phpmrH04mAM.jpg

phpnUdCGHAM.jpg

phpwknsXMAM.jpg

What you could do to secure that thing down is get a few more pieces of PVC and some 90degree tees and make a base square under it(will turn your scrog screen into a cube) and put a "floor" in it out of ply wood corrigated plastic on top of the bottom square and drill holes and zip tie it or screw it down to the frame for your plants to sit on and that screen wont lift up once you get a plant(s) under it.

I would also be iffy on using clear tubing; people say that algea can start growth from clear tubing because of the light leak.

im was thinking a little h202 and i would not see algea. Is this not the case? these lines will be used only for solution changes. if i start to see any problems ill buy black hose. this was only 37 cents a foot so i can buy more in black no problem. i may build a bottom for my scrog since more then one of you seem to think it will cause problems. thanks for the input!

I'm not totally sure if h202 will solve the problem the whole time or not if you even had an algea problem with clear hose as long as you maintain the res temps, I forgot about using it if you didnt feel like buying more tube you could always tape your tubes with electrical tape :D

Homedepot might have pumps for cheap or if you wanted to check out this link has pumps for decent prices

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pump&osCsid=f55e82e833e21efa2b03a86c85982950

inline water pump and 6 inch clip on oscillating fan ordered and on the way. not quite sure if im missing anything, but DAMN its about time muahahahaha

h202 will defend against algea. but stagnent water that will be under 24hrs of direct light for 5-8weeks in veg could cause issues. i think if you use the h202 & atleast shade the tubes u will be ok

for years i have used h202 in my TIT incubators. just a little bit mixed with the water and never had problems. im just not sure how much to use with my nutes at a given time. and think of the tubes as a tool. they are not stationary they will only be in the tent long enough to swap solution and then they will return the my rez until next time.

*EDIT* I guess if I black the tubes then I can leave them in the tent, but I won't be able to get the solution out of the lines I don't think unless I unplugg them. pump is on the way... TESTING SOON!!

if they dont stay in the tent 24/7 then its not a problem. i was running 3ml per L in my dwc

I got some pulleys for my light today and a better timer than the one I had. I'm wiating on some packages and I'm ready to rock out.

Finished up a lot of things over the last few days. Added clamps on my air duct, added in pulleys on my hood, finished making my draining/filling tool, built my scrog (which I may or may not use) bought a timer today and have my inline and ballast plugged into it. I have not hooked up my air lines for the buckets yet because I'm not sure if I want the pump in or out of the tent. Two 18 gallon tubs, one for a rez and one to drain into. PPM+PH pens are on the way as well as an inline water pump and a fan for inside the tent. Almost ready!!

php5Z1hw9PM.jpg

phpd8VYISPM.jpg

phpdciCKMPM.jpg

phpijVCqXPM.jpg

phpKATo02PM.jpg

phpnzlxdEPM.jpg

phpOE1twpPM.jpg

phpBVNI14PM.jpg

phplgqXPLPM.jpg

phpSVkyTTPM.jpg

I bought this case for one of my pistols, but it fits my pens so well I think I will just put the gun back in the safe. Bluelab PPM+PH Pens.

php2itZxCAM.jpg

phpmxByqTAM.jpg

Latest posts

Back