First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! I think your drain set-up is going to work great--I just couldn't picture it in my mind (a picture is worth a thousand words, huh).

great choice for testing meters! bluelab makes amazing stuff!

Are you exhausting your tent directly into your home? or are you just leaving that side of the fan "un-ducted" for right now? If you're exhausting into your own home, you may want to think about having people over. If you open your front door whoever is standing there is going to get a big gust of weedy air. Plus it'll make your doors harder to open if they swing inward.

i live in the sticks and we burn in the house so im not worried about the smell. however, the heat build up is what concerns me. im going to 180 it and go out the window.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Looking good! I think your drain set-up is going to work great--I just couldn't picture it in my mind (a picture is worth a thousand words, huh).

THG.... having a grower of your obvious caliber giving me compliments is not only flattering but is an extreme confidence builder! thanks for stopping by as always :)

I think all of us older growers are quite impressed when we see new growers that have taken the time, effort, and money to do what it takes to grow this wonderful plant! It is obvious that you have put a lot of effort into this. I am sure that you are going to be well rewarded for all your hard work.

I am now the proud papa of 2 female clone plants that a friend hooked me up with. I flipped them this morning. They are a little over 1 foot tall.

Flower week 1 day 1 ph 5.5, ppm-940, temp-77, hunidity-47.

I WILL TAKE PICS TOMORROW JUST BEFORE THE LIGHTS COME ON!

Sorry I have been busy. As I said before... Pics in the morning lol :)

Holland Secret 3 part. I went to a new hydro store to buy my calibration solution, talked with the owner for an hour, and he gave it to me. I'm using this for these clones, I'll use my technaflora from seed. Week 2 day 2 of flowering. Someone tell me how to prune this mess lol

phpedhMHvAM.jpg

phpHQPYhxAM.jpg

phpRcT6WLAM.jpg

php7RIPovAM.jpg

php1LvbquAM.jpg

How much and how fast they drink, of course, has alot to do with their age, size and vigor . . . but I think it also has alot to do with the humidity of the growing space . . . if it's really dry air, the water evaporates out the leaves at a very high rate during transpiration . . . if it's too humid, they transpire much slower - and go much longer between waterings

I'm currently running humidity a bit high, around 70%, and I'm watering full bloom plants in 3 gallon pots every five days

im adding a gallon a day to both buckets and im not sure if I should be adding ph'd water or more nutes. how should i go about determining this, and how much nutes should i be adding. my initial ppms where 980 this week i think and dropped down to 780. does my weekly feed chart provide enough nutes for a weeks worth of growth or should i be maintaining my ppms at 900+?

your plants are strong enough at this point to "test their limits". each week keep increasing the nutes till you see slight burn on the leaves. then back off a tad, and you will have the right strength for your plants.

i would add ph'd water 3 times a week to my buckets when they started to get big. i never added anymore nutes throughout the week though

changing my rez for the start of week 3 in the morning. ill snap a few pics.

Hey N2; the girls are looking real good there :) good work on the setup, its obvious that you have been really thinking this out. On the nute schedule; I do a different hydro setup but I add nuted solution every time I fill up. Because my system is different, I don't do rez changes as often but I would say for you to change rez weekly and top up with nuted solution in the middle of the week but if you are having to add water daily then only add water in between the rez change and "nute-up" at mid week. Being in the smaller rez, the plants will take up the nutes fast enough for a mid-week "nute-up" but not every day as that would drive the concentrations too high.

I just bought the same Blulab PH pen and am real happy so far. I wouldn't put them in the case though. They need to stand upright so that you can keep a little bit of fresh water or PH4 calibration fluid in the cap. I got a roll of duct tape that I keep on my work bench for use, and I put a tall plastic cup in the center of it and set my pens in it so that I don't have to look for them every time I need them. I also use a baby medicine dropper for measuring out my nutes and PH adjuster, as it has ml and tsp measurements on the side, and I keep that in my cup as well. I keep a large butter tub full of fresh water to rinse my tools after every use so that they don't get chem buildup. :)

Just a few tips I think are pretty handy, You learn all kinds of little secrets that make things easier as you go :)

i have been storing my ph pen with some 4.0 on the felt peice in the cap it keeps the wick moist, just a few drops with a dropper. maybe ill stand it upright or hang it. im liking the idea of mixing a midweek nute batch and just adding ph'd water when needed. thanks for the input:48:

Thanks for the tip on storing the pH pen. Mine is a digital cheapy- but works OK since I'm in soil. I'll try the felt in cap and maybe I won't have to calibrate so often.

Keeping it in the 4.0 solution will definitely help keep it from having to be calibrated as much. :)

Awesome. BTW- what do I do when I run out of solution or want to make a fresh batch.
My pen just came with two little packets 6.86 and 4.0 and a lot of chinese writing I can't understand.
I have no clue where to get something fresh to test with. hmmmm....
Would love something I could mix up with either baking soda/ vinegar which are my pH up/down tools.
Ideas?

Latest posts

Back