..First Growbox..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megaS13

Reaction score
I'm About To Start Making A Growbox. I Plan On Only Having One Grow Full Height. I Heard You Shouldnt Go Under 2 Ft. If Anyone Knows The Demensions I Should Do For One To Comfortably Grow Let Me Know Please. I Was Thinking 2 Foot Box. Grow The Plant About 1 Ft+. Which I Know Is Smaller Than Recomended But Possible? This Is A Learning Experience.

Also Not Good W/ Math. How Do I Find Out Sq. Feet?

I would make a box 4 feet heigh and
4 feet wide and 4 feet long.......It all
depeneds on how many plants you are
growing....I dont know how to find sq.
feet. hope this helped peace

You Think 4x4x4 Is Overkill For One Plant @ 2ft High Max. ?

Thanks For The Reply

Oh ok only one plant I would go with 2.5 x 2.5
that would be 6.25 sq ft cause to find sq ft you do
side x side...... 2.5 x 2.5 = 6.25 ......That should be
big enough for one plant but I would grow 2 just in
case one turns out to be a male! But if you want to
do just one go ahead! Peace Hope I helped!

3 Ft. High = Will That Allow 1 Plant To Safely Grow Up To 1 ft. To 2 Ft. Max. Giving A Max Of Light Being 1 Ft Above It If Needed.

How High Does Light Need To Be Above For The Veg. Cycle?

2 Ft Wide.

1 - 2 Ft. Deep?

What You Think?

Kindbud said:
Oh ok only one plant I would go with 2.5 x 2.5
that would be 6.25 sq ft cause to find sq ft you do
side x side...... 2.5 x 2.5 = 6.25 ......That should be
big enough for one plant but I would grow 2 just in
case one turns out to be a male! But if you want to
do just one go ahead! Peace Hope I helped!

That Sounds About What Im Looking For W/ Space. That Enables Me To Grow 1.5 Ft. High W/ Space Givin For Lighting?

well let me see.

if its around 6 Sq Ft. Then 30 - 40 Wtts Per Sq. Foot If Im Not Mistaken.

So Thats About 210 Wtts Needed.

From My Notes I See I Can Use Flouresent Form Veg Cycle. So 200-300 Wtts Of Flouresent.

I Need This How High Above Plant(s)

As close as possable with out burnin them!
It would be good to put a little computer fan in
it! To blow on the plant an another one to ****
air out! I would say about 4 to 6 in. above them
would be more ok.

man 6 sq.ft. I don't pay attention to wattages but I am for 50W per sq.ft. really 4-5000 lumens per sq.ft. and I am happy. you get up to that space HPS is really the best way to go. IMO

Need to replace all the air out in about a minute or two. florous you can get within 2-3 inches of the plant.

Hey Mutt dose what I said sound
good cuz I only know a little about
growin indoors but i do know a little

Mutt said:
man 6 sq.ft. I don't pay attention to wattages but I am for 50W per sq.ft. really 4-5000 lumens per sq.ft. and I am happy. you get up to that space HPS is really the best way to go. IMO

Need to replace all the air out in about a minute or two. florous you can get within 2-3 inches of the plant.

Thanks for the feedback.

Okay, Best Way To Go Is

6 Sq. Ft.

6 x 5000 = 35000 lumes for the box. HPS - Requirs Diff Type Of Light?

@ Kind - I've Taken Ventalation Into Consideration Just woundering about lighting.

PS. I Have Chameleon As Pet & I Use Clamp Lights That Supply 75 Watt. ( Which Would Mean Like A Couple )

This Are Spot Lamp Bulbs Give Off UVA Rays Blah Blah. Does This Supply Sufficiant Lighting ?

Yes HPS lights are for Flowering and Budding
stage. The flouresent are forthe veg. stage. You
already have ventalation taken care of right? Any
Thing eles you need? Hope I helped come in chat
and talk! Peace

Okay, Thanks For All The Help So Far I Hope To Start working On A Box Today. :)

Here Is What I Was Thinking But Could Use Some Advice From Someone W/ Knowledge On This.
growbox1.jpg

A. Small Fan Embeded Into Left Wall To Blow Hot Air Out. How Powerful Does The Fan Need To Be? Best Way To Instal Fan? Is It A Problem That Light Will Shine Through? Is That The Best Place To Place The Fan Or Is There Alternitive Spots?
B. One Of Two Metal Vents Installed In Wood To Let Cool Air In From Back Wall. Is This Sufficiant Cool Air For The Garden And To Keep Box Safe From Fire? A Better Spot To Put It? A Better Way To Let Cool Air In? How Many Do I Need On A Box This Size. 3x 2 x 2
C. One Or Tow Lights Will Hang Down. What The Best Way To Do This Safely And Any Suggestions Here. I Know I Will Need To Install Another Fan. Probably I Bigger Fan Obove The Light. How Should I Do This?
Any Other Places I Should Put Fans Or Things I Can Do To Make This Safe Please Let Me Know. I Know I Will Need To Seal The Box W/ Weather Seal Stuff. So It Will Be Lighproof Except For Vents And Fans. Also Advice On The Door Would Help.

Bump. I Could Really Use The Advice I Am A Perfectionist And Also The Safety Of The Box & The House It Is In Is Extremely Imortant to me.

Hey whats up dude saw you post alright a little help
A.The fan dose not need to be that powerful do you have
an old computer that dosnt work? The fans in a cumputer
will work fine if you dont im sure you could get one at any
computer shop or store! Best way is to trace out wear the
fan is going to set if its a computer fan trace wear the fan
spins and not the whole thing because you have to screaw
it on their. And yes that is a good place to put the fan your
whole desing looks very good And i wouldnt know if the light
would effect it thats for someone eles to answer! B.Yes that
would be cool for a vent and it would be enough to keep the
box fire safe and also make sure you electrical stuff is all nice
and neat and no bair wires our showing that will help make it
more fire salf too!! It really dosnt matter but I would put it in
the middle instead of the bottom and one sould be enough for
your box! C yes you will need to install another fan or it will be
safer if you do and it dont have to be bigger it just has to cool
the light and make sure it dont get to hot....... mounting of the
light what kind of light are you useing I mean the fixture it would
really help me out on understanding how to do it but i would say
drill a hole and let the cord to the light go through it and then you
can adjut how high you want it from th plant easly. Every thing eles
sounds Great and safe cant wait to see it finshed got to put a pic or
two Peace out hope this helps and it would be cool if you added to my
reputation Whatever you want to do Peace!

Okay.

Thanks for the response.

On the light - havnt figured out the fixture yet. but i want to hang a hook and have it on a chain.

also would it be sufficient cooling and ventalation. safe. and everything to have all fans and vents on only the back wall.

also doors have slight spots where light shines threw. is this okay?

I want this to be safe for all cycles . i will switch lights for flower cycle and want it to be safe safe safe for everything. being overly careful never hurts.

How's going? Looks good, but I believe your exhaust fan needs to be towards the top cause heat rises. Looks like your intake and exhaust are level height and ya dont want that, intake as far down as possible, exhaust high up as possible, I would exhaust from the top of the box.

megaS13 said:
Thanks for the feedback.

Okay, Best Way To Go Is

6 Sq. Ft.

6 x 5000 = 35000 lumes for the box. HPS - Requirs Diff Type Of Light?

@ Kind - I've Taken Ventalation Into Consideration Just woundering about lighting.

PS. I Have Chameleon As Pet & I Use Clamp Lights That Supply 75 Watt. ( Which Would Mean Like A Couple )

This Are Spot Lamp Bulbs Give Off UVA Rays Blah Blah. Does This Supply Sufficiant Lighting ?
Whats up megaS13. The lights you are talking about will not work for growing marijuana. You need to get either CFL's compact flourescent lights or a HPS high pressure sodium light. You can get alot of idea's from other grow boxes in the design section. If i can help you with anything please feel free to ask in a thread or send me a PM.

Latest posts

Back