..First Growbox..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mega- You should be seal those light leaks up especially when ya flower or it will either still keep vegging or turn hermie, Make your exhaust on the top of you box, your intake is fine down low perfect! Now lights I would go to Home Depot and get vanity lights they hold from 3-8 bulbs whatever fixure ya want but get a couple fixures, only need one extention cord for it so this way you will have say 3 bulbs working off 1 cord. Get cool and the warm for veg. if you still using flo's through flower get more of the red spectrum fluoros these are warm and soft white kind. Iam using 450 watts of light currently in a 1 and a half foot tall Rubbermaid container, I had LST'd all plants so my plants height at 4 weeks budding is 6 - 7 inches tall made it through the stretch period (1st 2-3 weeks of flower plants double there size) lots of tieing branches down from the flourescent lights, and have numerous tops even the main cola if there cause I did not top, 1 plant has 23 buds at the top and the canopy with 3 females is all even , this is what you want with flourescents is a even canopy because flo's lights dont penetrate deep light HID's remember this!You can get the flo's close but if they touch the bulb they will burn, but plant will live just the burn area wont recover. Have you even read a grow book yet? READ AND READ you never can learn enough, I am always reading knoledge is great, Good Luck Mega and keep us informed I'll be checking this thread to help since Iam 4 weeks flower with no problems I should be able to get you some advice and help when needed if of course I can. Get a ph pen, this grow I have is the best yet ( Have done 4 grows ) and I owe it to the ph pen I never check my water/nutrients ph and plants suffered in the yield and in looks with the leave burned and crispy, now all green and lush well maybe not now cause in the bottom part lower leaves they are yellowing because iam not using a veg. fert anymore and Mega this will be normal when you get this far as well.

Appriciate the feedback.

thats amazing. how tall is your final plant once grown? so you have the plant completely dont in a matter of 6 weeks?

90% of the questions you've been asking are covered in a grow guide, including a lot you haven't even thoght of yet.

You really need to read a grow guide to get a grasp on marijuana the plant and indoor cultivation.
If you look around, all of us experienced growers (the ones with lots of those little green boxes under our names) keep harping on "read a grow guide". We know from experience that people who DO read up have a much better chance of a success than those who don't.
I'll give you a few freebies possibly not covered in every grow guide.
-Don't use pc fans. They are designed to keep small metal boxes cool, not ventilate a growroom. Get 2 bathroom exhaust-type fans at homedepot, they're about $12.00 apiece. Using the template supplied, cut 2 holes in your growspace--1 in the ceiling (exhaust) and one down low (intake). The exhaust faces out, the intake faces in. You'll also need to wire in plugs so pick up a couple and electical tape.
Next, look for some metal or plastic ducting the same size or slightly larger than the hole and about 12"--16" long. Put the intake tube on the inside, the exhaust tube on the outside.You want the ducting to be in an "S" shape. Paint it black inside if needed. This will keep your box light-tight.
Build the box 3' x 3' x 5' tall. Put in a 400-watt HPS set-up in there with a full-spectrum 430-watt bulb upgrade. Call growshops/check e-bay for used ballast & hood but get a new bulb.

Put in nine 2 gal. planters in there. Plant 3 seeds in each and after they all sprout thin to the stongest seedling in each container.
Veg them for 4--6 weeks, until the plants have alternating nodes (branches). A grow guide will explain this with diagrams/pics.
Set the timer to 12/12 when the branches begin to alternate. Within 2 weeks all the males will have grown balls, get them out of that box as soon as you see the balls begin to form. That will leave you with 4--5 female's. Grow the female's to maturity.

Thanks For All The Advice.

Grow Guid I Havnt Read All Of One Yet But In The Process.

3x3x5 Might Be Larger Than I Can Make But I'll See.

& W/ The Lights I Will Go Flouro's To Save Money & Just Get Some Experience Under My Belt, But I Know The Way You Explained Is The Right Way & Your Ventalation Suggestion Sounds Very Good. Thanks - Mega

Latest posts

Back