First growroom/first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGC

On Going Chaos
Reaction score
Finally done with my grow box, seems to be doing well gets a little hotter than I would like (about 85-88) but ive max out on power and plugs. instead of 11 lights I now have 9. I Germinated my seeds and planted them about a day ago. I will post pictures as soon as I find my camera. quick question tho, how long do you think it will be before they sprout? and does it matter that I watered them until water came out the bottom and haven't watered them since? the soil isn't cracked on top and it still feels moist under the surface.

You probably won't have to worry about watering for several days if you totally saturated it and its nice and moist still. I think anywhere from 2-7 days would be a normal amount of time for them to sprout. The last ones I planted took 4 I think.

The heat will definitely cause problems once its starting to grow if you don't get it down to the mid 70's

Good luck! :)

Here are some pictures of it, its in my closet next to my bed.

HPIM1334.JPG

HPIM1335.JPG

HPIM1336.JPG

you'll need an exhaust fan and fresh air intake.

Ive tried goin this small scale.. 'less you got autos, its pretty much a *****.

couple first hand probs I see:
-light leaks:: any light you see getting out means light can get in. if you plan to keep your closet shut, remember to not go in when lights are off. The slightest light in dark period will throw ur plant off.
-Bulbs::the bulbs look to be 2300k spectrum. That is for flowering. You want 6500k for vegging.
-Dirt:: rule of thumb= 1gallon of dirt per foot of growth.
Fresh air what ozzy said

I would just use the three walls in the corner there of the closet, and just make a cardboard door for the front. then you have the whole height of the closet.
Keep it green man!

I have a intake and exhaust fan, one at the bottom and one at the top I guess you cant tell from the pictures, and yeah I was wondering about the lights, someone told me it would be fine to have to 2300k for both. do you think I should change it tho?
but yeah I will take care of the light leaks, idk about the fans tho, what I will prob do is when i switch to 12/12 ill manually put something over the fans during the dark period.

*here are the fans

fan1.JPG

fan2.JPG

Yeah I wld swap out the bulbs...you are using cfl's so you want every advantage you can get and using the right bulbs at the right stages will help IMO.

Alright I will pick some up saturday when I get paid, same wattage tho? right now I have 13w cfl (so 60w reg)

OGC said:
Alright I will pick some up saturday when I get paid, same wattage tho? right now I have 13w cfl (so 60w reg)

I wld get the 26w I believe they are...whatever the highest wattage ones are. The more lumens the better.

Lowe's has a nice selection of 23 or 26 watt cfl's...wally world has them too, but more choices at Lowe's

edit: added to what Hammy said, the 23 watt's are about 1800 lumens each. 26 watt probably has some more..

okay but if i have ... 8, 13w cfls in there now and the temp is high what should I do with the 26w? wouldnt that double my heat too?

Original quote by SmokeMyPiece
I would just use the three walls in the corner there of the closet, and just make a cardboard door for the front. then you have the whole height of the closet.
I would but then my parents would wonder whats up haha :p

OGC said:
I would but then my parents would wonder whats up haha :p

If you are growing in your parents house without their knowledge you are asking for trouble. For you and them if you get popped. Not cool.

yeah i guess your right, ill stop. tomorrow ill dump the soil and then ill get rid of the box.

this is more of a hobby, im not going crazy. im going to have one plant, i'm not going to sell it. I get caught thats on me. my parents arent going to call the cops on me and theres not going to be any reason for any cop to come here. I really do understand what you mean by it but this is more of a an experience.. plus instead of paying money for weed with the same risk of getting caught (if not more) im doing it on my own in my room..

that is very true, but yes i have a lock lol

Zone505 said:
When I was about 17 I made a fake wall when my mom/dad went away to there trailer park for a week... after painting all the walls you could never tell it was a fake wall, I even put fake plugs in the fake wall and hung some posters up, the only way to get in was to pull my bed away from the wall... I just took a bunch of 2x4's and drywall and made the full length of the back wall without any windows lol... I had about 3 feet by 14 feet long inside...

I put it all back to normal before I moved out, but they never found out lol.

not trying to give you any ideas though lol

Straight up James Bond sir lol :holysheep:

Back when I lived with my parents if I had grown I would have been going out looking around for a place in the woods. But definitely wouldn't try to grow in their house :O

Thats pretty awesome!
if my kid did that I dont even think I would get angry, I would just applaud him haha

and yeah I started by doing it in the woods next to my house but its allways raining super hard here and im not allways home to get them, plus its not allways easy to just walk into the woods everyday, someone will get suspicious lol

OGC said:
this is more of a hobby, im not going crazy. im going to have one plant, i'm not going to sell it. I get caught thats on me. my parents arent going to call the cops on me and theres not going to be any reason for any cop to come here. I really do understand what you mean by it but this is more of a an experience.. plus instead of paying money for weed with the same risk of getting caught (if not more) im doing it on my own in my room..

You can never be sure that you will not be busted. And your parents WOULD BE charged with manufacturing just as you would, should you get popped. It is just plain wrong and unfair to subject others to the loss of their freedom without their knowledge. If you are still living at your parents do not grow. There is a huge difference between buying weed and growing it. And it doesn't much matter to the cops if this is "an experiment". Wait until you are away from your parents house to grow or grow somewhere else.

In addition, you really cannot put up a decent grow space and keep it secret from others living in the house.

Latest posts

Back