First harvest cure questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Groovy

It’s good to be me
Reaction score
Top o the morning.
I just got my trimmed buds into jars after a week of hanging and two days in paper bags. I put a hydrometer in a jar and it showed almost 75% so I left the lids off for a day and it went down to 60ish. They are closed back up and will go back to daily burping.
Was that a good move? Is there anything I need to look for?
Any tips will help.
Hang loose and prosper!
🤙🖖

Top o the morning.
I just got my trimmed buds into jars after a week of hanging and two days in paper bags. I put a hydrometer in a jar and it showed almost 75% so I left the lids off for a day and it went down to 60ish. They are closed back up and will go back to daily burping.
Any tips will help.
Hang loose and prosper!
🤙🖖
I kind of overshot on my jars. They were at 67%, left the jars open in a 50% RH room for a few hours and now the jars are steady at 61%. Hoping they creep up a bit over the next few days.

Top o the morning.
Any tips will help.
Hang loose and prosper!
🤙🖖

one last thing , Congratulations and enjoy that harvest!

Just keep burping, I've been burping mine continuously for 2 months now after my first grow and it's directly like stated by pute, they will stop being spongy, they will also stop sticking together and the smell will get progressively better. Burping is important too don't make the mistake of thinking you can leave them sit for a couple days without burping. I had some personal stuff in a small jar that I forgot to burp and it started smelling musty, I dumped it out on a dresser and let it sit all day and the musty smell went away but I'm sure if I wouldn't have caught it it would have molded. Humidity packs are your friend.

Sometimes i will just leave the lids off the jar for a few hours to help remove moisture if i feel like its a little to wet. Just until the outside is dry to the touch again.

I would not seal them until they are in the low 60s. i have a lot of small hygrometers that i use in several plastic bags that are handy to use unlike jars so i just seal test unseal or totally remove from bags until i reach the desired RH of 63.

Latest posts

Back