First Hydro Ebb and Flow Grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helile

Reaction score
Ok so im running an ebb and flow system that holds 8 plants. The pump is on for one hour ever eight hours which means the plants are being watered three times a day. I have a 400 watt HPS light with reflector and an hps ballast. The light is about 16 to 24 inches away from the plants. Im using POWER SERIE-ADVANCED BIO-ORGANIC PLANT FOOD for my nutrients. I added 7ml of Power Plant and 5ml of Pure Blend. I will add 5 to 7 more ml of Pure Blend in 3-5 days. In 2 weeks when i change the reservoir water i will add more nutrients accordingly. I have mylar lined inside of my grow room with 3 fans currently running. One fan is pulling fresh air in, the second is pushing air out and the third is rushing air over the plants. I also have rigged up a shower curtain with mylar lined on the inside to cut the amount of light being emitted out of the room. Im using hydrotone as my growing medium. Im also growing a mint and sage plants around my buds to reduce the amount of smell and also as a cover.If im missing anything please let me know!! Im hoping to keep everyone updated on the status of my plants.
(Dont mind the dates on the bottom of the pics)

Ebb and Flow Sys.JPG

Fan.JPG

Hps light and Reflector.JPG

Mary Jane.JPG

Mylar Pic.JPG

Whats up Helile. We don't grow hydro but it looks like a nice set up to me. ;) Here is some GREEN MOJO for you babies. We will be following your grow. Good luck my friend. :aok:

GreenMojo.JPG

That's a nice setup you've got. I'll be watching your grow with TBG! Hey, TBG, move over man, you're blocking my view.....Hey, down in the front!

Thanks for that mojo TBG!! Cool you both have seats right up in front. :) Ill be putting some more pics up as the weeks progress any suggestions or questions on anything please let me know.
Thanks

Hey man your setup looks great. Im just in the process of building an Ebb an flow system very similar to yours so It'l be nice to see how you get on. Good luck with your grow!

Hey Helile lowrent here, your system looks great! I have a question for you. How can I get pix of my babies off either my cameraphone,e-mail,or computer on to MP? I'm not that savvy on a computer(yet!)Thanx & keep up the good work & hopefully you'll be able to view mune in the near future! lowrent.

Simply add your e-mail address to the "send to" and than send your pic from your phone to that address. Simple as that lowerent!!
I was also wondering Stoney bud or TBG if you could help me with some nutrients mixing. Ive been doing alot of research and some places say 10 ml per gallon some say 7ml and others say 5ml. Thats of each of the 3 nutrients im using... i wasn't sure if this information is correct so im checking with the pros :). Im using the Botanicare nutrient products. I have 3 different products, The Original Pure Blend Metabolic Grow Formula(1.0-0.5-1.0), Power Plant grow (3-1-4) and Power Flower bloom (2-2-5) I am using basic fresh water for the plants to adapt to their environment but im getting ready to feed them the nutrients and im not sure how much of each. My ebb and flow uses around 4 gallons of water and i change the reservoir every 2 weeks. If someone could give me some info on this that would be great.
Thanks guys!!

Here is un update on my plant. The only problem that ive had with her is that she got nutrient burn the day after i fed her. So the bottom 2 leaves are all wilted and everything but other than that shes doing great. About another week and ill put her into her 12/12 phase.

PICT0079.JPG

PICT0081.JPG

PICT0082.JPG

PICT0083.JPG

PICT0084.JPG

Helile, is that a clone from a sexually mature plant or did you grow it from seed?

If from seed, the plants will need to reach maturity before you flower them. That's usually around week 6. You'll know because the plant will start having alternating nodes.

I grew it from its seed form. So i need to wait around 6 weeks till flowering.... sheesh i dont know how much bigger i can let this sucker get. When its flowering it will double in size on me so i guess ill have to keep her trimmed.:eek:

Lst or topping could be a route to go if you don't have the room

Helile said:
I grew it from its seed form. So i need to wait around 6 weeks till flowering.... sheesh i dont know how much bigger i can let this sucker get. When its flowering it will double in size on me so i guess ill have to keep her trimmed.:eek:
Yes, the plant simply won't flower until it's sexually mature. Planning for growth is one of the most important factors of growing MJ.

Good luck.

Stoney, even if i see alternating nodes does that still mean that its not sexually mature enough.:confused: I know that the nodes that are coming in are small but ive done some extensive research on alternating nodes and i see that i have 2 branching off.:eek: Im guessing in about another week they should be pretty large, and some new ones should be coming in.:rolleyes: My plants are still showing signs of pistols coming out. They arent white hairs yet but i know they wanna come. :D
Anyways just checking on the alternating nodes question. :)
Thanks

Damn good setup, giving me ideas for future grows.

Ladies loog good!

Hope all goes well man, i'll be following your grow to see how you deal with size issues.

The discussion of marijuana maturity in reference to flowering has been moved to it's own thread.

You can find it here:

CLICK HERE

Helile said:

This was the reason for my posts that in turn stemmed the MJ Maturity in relation to flower... thread..... No you don't need to wait six weeks.... You can do the orthadox, veg until you see a sign of pre-flower... or you can turn 12/12 at your hearts desire..... waiting is only going to give you more vegetative growth.... either flower it, hack some of it, or start training it down...... Good Luck :peace:

my point was that if you would have flowered from seed you'd be dealing with a much smaller plant.... and thus solved your space problem....

Hey guys,
Its been some time since i posted in my grow journal but im in the flowering stage now and wanted to show my plants off.:D This is about the third week of flowering and the buds are coming in nice.:eek: I had a problem with the plant stretching really bad on me when i switched the lights over so the plant is around 40 inches tall.:cool: The hairs on the top of the buds are turning the amber, brown/golden color.:) The strain is Powerplant btw.

Almost Harvest Middel Buds.jpg

Lower Nodes Almost Harvest.jpg

hey awesome grow, love the setup. Just wondering, are those just plant pots with your grow media in them? I was looking for a way to have more than one plant per grow tray without the roots tangling up, :eek: cant belive I never thought of that, would you be able to put a pic up of the bottom of your pots?

Yes they are plant pots with the growing medium inside. Also the seeds were buried into a peice of rockwool when i set them in there.

Latest posts

Back