first hydro set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and ya i measured i have 18" to top so really only 16" from top to max height unless i adjust shelf p.i.t.a

This is where u could start Lsting or supper cropping.
Get them down to 10-12" anyways.

What kinda cal/mag u using ??
Botanicare ??
LH

no got a gallon of G.H. CALiMAGic had been using an 8oz bottle till now for both tent and hydro with having to load the coco even. just ran out like 2 days ago gallon showed up this am ;)

dude the the test clones, well lol they are thriving after there triple transplant some showing pistols out side. Debating just pulling all 5 and throwing them in tent lol one in the 2nd cab with half the 600w on it, was gonna be a mom to this strain as i have no idea what it is but it produces mass females

So back to the cabs for a sec I have them back together screwed togeter side by side again am going to cut out a window between the 2 cabs like 22"w x 36"d or wtv then run the 600w full blast in teh 2x4x4 for the autos and the mom ;)

Sweet. Sounds like you've figured out your plannings.
When does your flower tent finish up.
I've yet to try the GH c/m.
LH.

oh i read on here some thing negative about the botonicare cm, tho I run the rest of their nutes xcept g.h.silica not liking that stuff

then tent is on a 2 part (soul synthetics I think) from i forget what co. came with the hydro set up. did not like the looks of it and had soil doing on it.

so that that tent hopefully will be done mid sept pretty much 30 days today, last few good i harvested trics seemed ready sooner then the 60 days, but was under the cfls so this is not even comparable. fed em last night at like 1100ppm with no c/m so thinking another feeding with cal mag today then just water for the next few they dry out every day only in thin bags. made 10 gal of nutes for them so have 3 or 4 left, did a very slow watering last night sooooo boring

30 days ehh. That's a tough one.
Could get em flowering n you would be 1/2 way done or just under by the time that tents done. Dry/cure 3-4 wks so almost be chopping second tent by the time ur smoke is dry n cured. ;).

The again you can veg n supper crop the heck out of them also trimming a ton off bottom.
Guess it all depends on how big. How much n how much of a rush your in.

I've only had bad results with c/m from botanicare when using high ppm water.
Why the 2 dif nute brands. You gonna be switching to one or continue the 2.

I use to use the GH ph down. I did not like that stuff. Along with grotech Which I didn't mind. Using AN ph down now n finding I'm using drops instead of Ml's compared to the other 2.

LH.

now i use Atlas scientific ph down :( and the nutes i'm using on the dirt i just never heard of and will probably be buying all gallons of botonicare from what I have seen so far i'm happy with it. other stuff again came with hydro set up from htg probably trash lol never even looked into it.

ya really wish i started autos sooner to finish b4 tent they are all gonna finish after probably :( lots of wasted $ and waiting to come...

I can feel u there.
Remember to keep focused on main goal. N finish n start properly. When u get alot on your plate its then when trouble starts n one try's to rush.

Botanic line organic or synth.
I'm gonna keep reading till I get 1 gro through system on organic nutes but so far from my reading its the way to go. In coco/hydro.
No salt build up leading to no flushing which is less work.
And less waste.

Nice thing with autos if you got the veg room is the can be kept in there not needing the 12/12 seprate area.

How often do you flush ? ?
LH.

LEFTHAND said:
I've never seen those systems. Lol.
I wanna say its a flood n drain style. I use the ebb n gro made by C.A.P
I've ran promix/hydroton/perlite in the system.

I'm getting ready to set it back up n run coco in it.
I'm going with large perlite n coco 50/50. Was going to add pro mix into it bit it seemed to hold enough water that I figure it wasn't necessary

From some advice from other growers they have advised to figure a way to keep the coco in.
I'm going the burlap method. Not 100% sure how yet.
So using those liners will do you good.
LH.

You don't want to use promix in an ebb tray, all the fines get in the Rez, can cause pump problems and decaying material in the Rez will throw ph on top of it being a Petri dish for disease.

Hey N E... Long time...,

I saw you had an issue with having to manually fill your Rez... Idk if you have resolved this easily but I use 1/4inch poly water line (for r/o and other water filters or air line) buy a pressure fitting that screws onto your nearest faucet or even the feed for the washer if its closest this works great. The line is easy to manage and stores in a small area unlike a waterhose.

I'm going to look through the thread more, I'm still on ph one. Looking good! :)

LEFTHAND said:
Most excellent sir.
I'm use to a tote or table style ebb. So this was a little different. I was use to a watering schedule of 1 hr on 2 hrs off 24/7.
With this system I'm 15 on 3-4 times a day.
But I was advised to start with 1-2 floods n wrk up at the start.
Besta luck.
LH.

1 hr on 2 off is wayyy to much.

Depending on medium watering once a day is usually fine in veg.

Water as fast as you can and drain as fast as you can. I'm on a 15 minute on cycle once a day. I run this using growstones, and hydro ton.

Perlite usually twice a day in veg. If they droop all the time your watering to much.

Best thing to do is water once when light comes on and watch them. When they perk up and start to droop again, then water. Look at the time and Set the next water time. but Tjis will change w age. That's your starting point.

Humidity, wattage, temps, fans (setup) all make variables.

This is the way to do it if your new, that way you don't give them to much love right off....

Stay on top of ph and ppm and your golden. Just make sure to calibrate your meters at every Rez swap.

A clean system will reward you!

When running hydroton I did that for yrs with no ill effects. 1 on 2 off 24/7
The ebb n gro or flo n gro or ngs system no. No way one could should or can do that. On a recirculating system yes and many do so. with hydroton I got 3-4 feeds a day.

In my experimenting with mediums if you filter the pot lil to zero goes in res.
pro mix was first ever 1 flood a day that was her.
I've played with it in the last n panty hose over the bottoms of pots prevent leaching of medium.

LH.

trillions of atoms said:
3-4 feeds in flower near the end I can see that at 15 min.... Not 1 hr on 2 off.

Like I said in a recirculating system it's alot different as u know.
Highly oxygenated water won't drown a plant.

Then again this was used on larger plants not 4" clones

But this ebb n gro. That I like and don't like. At the same time. U would kill plants in a wk.
and yes when introducing them into the system or starting off 1 flood is enough. But generally try to push 2. N build up as plants get bigger n want more.

LH.

I gotta say this is not the norm first. the bags allow for much more air to penetrate the pots imo adn the 50/50 chuncy perlite chunky coco i am running some a bit more some less drain fast and good I have been on a 15 min fill then leave the drain pump on for a good 30 -40 mins 2-3 times aday depends when i get to them. no timers instaled yet. keeps me all attention on them. no sign of drooping all preky loving life let me look for cam carger ;)

Yes I agree... I run high feed all the time. If I soaked the roots constantly I would get burn. I don't feed a little here n there. I start out w a hot solution when they are young. E&F. Flooding a tray for hours n hours n hours is not needed in e and f.

But as stated, variables play a huge role. From containers to medium to humidity lights and ventilation along with amount of air circulation.

But on a base line for ppl starting out in an e and f with ton in a regular plastic container that comes w the kits or even grow bags, alot of flood time can be detrimental. If the container doesn't breathe like an air pot and they have an average humidity and a normal fan blowing the air around under a 600-1000 watt light at around 70-75 degrees should only water once maybe twice a day in veg. And up it from there depending on needs.

I'm not trying to correct anyone, I just want to prevent a rookie from seeing what was stated the way it was... Getting confused and stunting growth wondering *** is wrong in his setup when we might have been mentioning another system.

Also there is no need to run pro mix in the containers. It's a sponge and what we aim for is fast dry times and more flood cycles. I understand if your running bennies but most noobs run chem ferts to start. You have to be careful not to over fert running a medium that absorbs alot of moisture, it's hold the solution close to the roots. compared to running just ton or growstones, can lead to burn/stunting having another substrate that effects capillary action to roots.

Not trying to say it won't work... It Can. But FOR ME the benefits are not there.

Different setups have diff variables and diff watering times. It's best to tinker and pay attention to the plants.

They will tell you what makes them happy.

Very true.
No argue there. Like u said its a depending limit. Conditions n skill.
To get results u need to mix 50/50 perlite n pro but then again I wouldn't recommend it to a newbie due to the salt build up over muti feedings N other reasons / issues. But it's all I could use at the time. Lol

N I've only e&f in small pots on table other then that its been 18 gal n smaller totes grow in no pots.
Thank you for clarifying for the newbies.
Sometimes I forget not everyone on here or that reads posts can utilize conditions n feeds or handle n look for problems.
LH

oh boy got pics & painted cabinet with the plants in it lol what a shieit show' eventually took out the cfl and h5 lol covered plants with mylar got a got on a few leaves trimmed right off no fing around

i hear ya toa ty

DSCF7479.JPG

DSCF7480.JPG

DSCF7481.JPG

DSCF7482.JPG

DSCF7483.JPG

DSCF7484.JPG

DSCF7520.JPG

so exactly when should i flush running about 30 gal res

Latest posts

Back