First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I designed a little room, set it up and then went looking for seeds or clones. I thought it would be easy to find good seeds. It wasn't. I ended up ordering from Kindseeds.com in Canada. The seeds I ordered came in a few days. I couldn't wait to see them growing, so I soaked them over night and stuck them in soil the next day -- that was Aug. 25. Nothing is happening. I looked up the seeds (Poison Mighty Mite) and found out they may take two weeks to sprout. I wish I would have sprouted them in paper towels, at least then I would know they were viable seeds, and they probably would have opened faster -- do ya think? The seeds are very small. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH SMALL SEEDS. I"m just going to keep them damp and hope for the best -- should I put lights on them? Just askin -- love this site -- thank you for all the advice and for being soooo cool.

I put them under my T5....seeds vary in size by strain. Bigger seeds don't always mean better genetics in my opinion.

Its just a waitin game buddy given time I'm sure most will sprout.
Green mojo buddy :48:

Yep -- but I don't even work, so I'm in there every ten minuits. Glad I live alone otherwise I might be committed or something. The peat pots are still damp. I have dribbled a little water in there over the last couple of days -- how wet should it be, and thanks about the lights -- I'll I want to turn on about 12,000 lumins so when they come out they think it is day time and take off -- My mind is running away with itself lol

Hamster Lewis seeds vary in size by strain. Bigger seeds don't always mean better genetics in my opinion.[/quote said:
so true i used to think that small bean where ** but then aome blueberry x changed it..so youll prob be good..not soaking wet but a constant moist.

I wanted to thank you a lot for replying to my thread -- I have a little experience growing, but I may need help. Besides, it may be entertaining for you. You can laugh if I fail, or you can take credit if doesn't.

my soil doesn't look right for starters. It's Perlight, vermic, some composted potting mix, and a little Miracle-gro potting mix that claims to feed plants for up to six months.

How bad will it shock them if I change the soil when I transplant?

The potting mix looks a little barky, and I know from reading in here that Miracle-gro sucks - Am I failing already?

Be rght back....

its not a good organic mix but if this is your first grow id stick w it...pic say a thousand words

I'm trying to keep the temp. between 72 and 80f, but I'm on a boat on a lake in the SW, and the temp outside has been outrageous -- 109 today. My two air conditioners are working baby. In another month I'll probably need a heater in there -- sheesh

be right back....

A pic? yes, I believe I can do that -- first I'll go take a picture...

be right back....

great link Hollywood -- I think I'll mix better soil and put them in it when I transplant -- I only expect a few females -- just one I can clone would be fine for right now. I just want to grow. I also put some bat guanno in the soil. Never heard anything bad about bat doody, have you?

I'll figure out pics later -- sorry -- I need a rum and coke, a bowl and to relax -- this growin is hard work lol -- please keep this thread alive....

Good luck. It sounds like your off to a good start. I find if you just give them the basics theyll take off like a weed:D. I'll pull up a chair.

I am so anxious. I want to see green. I don't want to have to spend more on seeds, wait for them to arrive and then start all over -- but I will if I have to. I am determined to grow some good weed -- determined. I don't have a lot of money, so I will have to do it slowly, but I will do it -- just watch

If you seeds don't start ( i really hope they do ) i suggest you the Mandala. They are quite good for begginers :aok:

Good Luck :cool:

HemperFi said:
I wanted to thank you a lot for replying to my thread -- I have a little experience growing, but I may need help. Besides, it may be entertaining for you. You can laugh if I fail, or you can take credit if doesn't.

my soil doesn't look right for starters. It's Perlight, vermic, some composted potting mix, and a little Miracle-gro potting mix that claims to feed plants for up to six months.

How bad will it shock them if I change the soil when I transplant?

The potting mix looks a little barky, and I know from reading in here that Miracle-gro sucks - Am I failing already?

Be rght back....

Patience--they have only been in the dirt for 4 days, however, using soil that comes prenuted could very well be a problem. Seedlings do not want or need food for several weeks.

I cannot understand why you had trouble finding seeds. There are numerous great seed companies aroun d with great reputations. I do not know anything about Kindseeds, so cannot advise you. Are they breeders or distributors? I could find very little info on the Mighty Mite strain--curious--why did you choose this strain for a boat as it gets 3-4 feet tall? Also, I have never ever in my life heard of seeds taking 2 weeks to germinate.

I don't know if you are failing yet, but I would certainly encourage you to read some more. Tell us about the space you have set up once they sprout--what size and type of lighting do you have, what is your ventilation set up?

From what ive found the " Mighty Mite strain" is a local canadian bred strain availle specifically from kindseeds. I had some trouble finding info too. Also i am no expert but i had really good luck with troublesome seeds by putting in wet/damp paper towel, folded inside a plastic container of some sort to preserve moisture, But then a slight warming to the bottom seems to make all the difference. Maybe on a computer that is running or something gently warm. But then again if your running a/c then warmth might not be the problem. Just a thought.

LOL--I don't think I would be for buying any strain that had "MITE" in the name.....

Right!:yeahthat:

I assume that they intended it to signify it was mite resistant but who knows. I've spent the last half hour reading less than desirable reviews from that particular seed bank and a trip to their site reveals 3/4 stock -'out of stock' i think MM might be the only seeds they have. But after some research i would be inclined to look elsewhere,...as THG said there arte many great seed banks to choose from , even in Canada. Toronto has like 3-4 fantastic choices, maybe look into those next time and good luck with those seeds you have.:)

There is really no reason to keep your search to Canadian seed banks, although I have ordered many times from Hemp Depot. Or check out Attitude (banner at the top of the page). I would recommend asking other members about any seed bank or strain you are considering BEFORE you buy. BHO mentioned Mandala--they are one of my favorite breeders.

I was just joking about the "mite" thing. I am sure that it is just a shortening of Might and has nothing at all do do with spider mites.

Latest posts

Back