First Mandala Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hey, all,

This is going to be by my first Mandala grow. I was reading the recommended germination technique per Mandala advice, "Provide sufficient light. Seedlings require sufficient light (this applies to the strength and length of daylight or artificial light) and fresh air to grow. Switch on your lamp(s) as soon as the first seedlings appear at the latest. Seedlings should be moved directly under a HPS lamp if you have one. The more light your provide the better your plants can grow. Not all Mandala strains are suited for low light such as CFL lamps and fluorescents. Make sure you choose the right strain for your lights." Notice the advice to use an HPS to start the seedlings with. What do you think? Why, do you think, they recommend using an HPS? Also, I wonder if they do the whole grow with HPS? We've covered this ground before, regarding using HPS versus metal halide; I know what the prevailing opinion is on that, and pretty much follow it. I'm just wondering why Mandala recommends HPS. Normally, I use fluorescent lights for seedlings, then switch over to metal halide.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

Alistair

Do it your way -- I think the person who wrote that meant HID, not HPS -- just a thought -- nut your way sounds fine to me :)

Peace

My mandala girls go under T5's. I am not sure why they said HPS.

My Mandala's also go under T5s for vegging and they are very happy with that. I think that you just need to make sure that you provide sufficient light for vegging. Many people who use CFLs and lower lumen tubes do not have have sufficient lumens--3000 lumens per sq ft.

They may also answer an e-mail query?

So what are you growing?

It was just a curiosity thing with me. I think like HemperFi said, they might have meant HID. However, e-mailing them might answer my question.

Im doing a Mandala grow for the first time also Alistair, I've also seen where they say not to soak the seeds in water but to germ directly in soil,
I soak in water so im going to just do things the way I always do, a seed is a seed.

Also doing my first Mandela grow, harvesting this week. Only tried Satori, but it seemed to germ easily and grow like ill tempered badgers.

Have ended up with 6 females, rather inconsistent in size overall. Will post pics in the (lame) grow journal I started named 'satori grow #1'.

Latest posts

Back