First non-bagseed grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First mistake. You are growing in kitty litter containers. That is so gross!!!
LOL It's not like the cats crapped in em or anything. I bought some more cat litter today in a smaller size. Gonna try those on the next grow. they're not as tall, give me a little more room. those gross litter containers are heavy duty and square, work great. Besides cat litter is clay and fragrance. after washing and letting them sit in the sun it's all good.
whats my second mistake? lol me thinks me smells a troll
Cut corners all you can except when it comes to Lighting, Ventilation, and seeds genetics
your right on that one. I started with a 150 watt hps which turned into 2 then added a 400 watt. Shoulda just got a 600 to begin with, but when your first startin and dont know how its gonna go.....
I replaced the bathroom exhaust fan with an inline last month, whata difference.

With the money saved a grower could spend it on some killer generics.
yea or groceries or gasoline lol

MG Canna said:
First mistake. You are growing in kitty litter containers. That is so gross!!! My opinion of course. Spend $15 and buy some 5 or 10gal pots. They are not that expensive.

those buckets are one of the best imo. the best part about them is they are square.

i dont have a cat so i wont be picking up any litter soon but i would sure use those buckets if i had them. closest thing i have at momment is 1gal square "egg" buckets but they suck to grow in, to long and shallow

recycling is good too, i have never bought a bucket once, but working at a restraunt i have alot of sizes to choose from ;)

Update on Blue Berries and Cotton Candy.Day 10 for the BB. not as big as I'd Llike but at least they are growin now. Day 4 for the CC.

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

cc1.jpg

ozzydiodude said:
Cut corners all you can except when it comes to Lighting, Ventilation, and seeds genetics

Agreed. Also make sure that you're not cutting corners without realising it like i recently did with my choice of fans and read up on your purchases so you know what you're buying when you have to spend money.

PuffinNugs said:
recycling is good too, i have never bought a bucket once, but working at a restraunt i have alot of sizes to choose from ;)

large townhome construction sites are also invaluable, when they plant trees, there are ALWAYS pots from 5-50gal that are just going to be discarded after the trees are placed in the ground, so don't feel bad about giving them a new home!

Ok 2 DP blueberries. 12 days outa the dirt. Got a cotton candy right behind em and an og kush gonna pop in a few days. I'm thinkin I'll start a new strain every 2 or three weeks. Git em big enough to clone. When the clones are in dirt and doin well put the plant the clones came from in the flower area. Just keep rotatin clones and strains. I'm gittin a 2 foot 4 bulb T5 Monday. Supposed to put out 10080 lumens. I'll use that for new clones and seedlings.
That contraption I whacked together with CFL's works good for veg. And 3 HPS total 700 watts for flower.

bb8.jpg

bb9.jpg

Ok it's been a week since last update. Usin the new T5 light for seedlings. Seems to be workin good. First 2 pics are blueberry then cotton candy. Started last week are Crazy Miss Hyde and Sugar Mango Ryder. Not too xcitin yet, Thanks for lookin

1.JPG

2.JPG

01.JPG

001.JPG

111.jpg

very nice markers, im watchin this, me be lovin some dutch passion BB.........had it in amsterdam back in 01' when it won the cup....smoked it in the "Noon Cafe" too, ive been wanting to order some of those seeds for a while now, a buddy and i grew it back in 03' but its been a while and it was some of the best smoke EVER...! GL....!

I got my new veg area goin today. Dont have a lot a room but it will do. The blueberries are due for bigger pots today. or should I say new kitty litter containers. Whatever happened to the kitty litter hater lol. Made some new bubble cloners for when the blueberries are big enough to clone. Should be another 4 or 5 weeks maybe. Thanks for lookin.

DSCF3122.JPG

DSCF3123.JPG

DSCF3125.JPG

Looking good so far markers! Keep up the good work and it will repay you in the end!
Green mojo!

oops forgot the flower room. I had mylar taped on the wall, I'll paint the whole closet when these are done. Today is the 28 day of 12/12.

DSCF3126.JPG

DSCF3131.JPG

Markers said:
I got my new veg area goin today. Dont have a lot a room but it will do. The blueberries are due for bigger pots today. or should I say new kitty litter containers. Whatever happened to the kitty litter hater lol. Made some new bubble cloners for when the blueberries are big enough to clone. Should be anther 4 or 5 weeks maybe. Thanks for lookin.

Looking great Marker. Re your veg space: I would get the lights closer to the plants and get reflective material up. Make the most of those CFLs!

LOL--the kitty litter hater had a meltdown and needed a time out.

Make the most of those CFLs!
I am so close to ordering a 4 foot 6 bulb t5 from the place I got the 2 footer from. $181 shipped. Theres a guy comin tday to look at my fishin boat. If he buys it hmmm.
I can put them CFL's around the house.

The T5s should cost about 1/3 less to run (lumen to lumen) than the CFLs. I really really like my T5s for vegging. I use CFLs in all my household lights.

Hey bubba, I just got back from Menards. I saw the inline fan you mentioned in other post. It's a duct booster. I'd be interested in an inline centrifugal but not the booster fan, BTW It's $37 here. Still a good price for a duct booster.

THG them T5's should run cooler too aye?

The Hemp Goddess said:
The T5s should cost about 1/3 less to run (lumen to lumen) than the CFLs. I really really like my T5s for vegging. I use CFLs in all my household lights.
Hey there THG :ciao: you ever tried LED for household? I never used it in vegging yet, but they say it can veg. they are becoming cheaper and higher lumens every day, I think they will never flower a plant properly, but I may try some for veg. they run 50,000 hours, power consumption is silly low, for 12w of power, it can produce more than 1000Lumen for economical prices, if you wanted to pay more, it can get higher in lumen. you think i should try some high power LEDs to replace my 36watt fluros? how much lumens is the best T5 and what's its cost? thanks ;)

I have not ventured into LEDs. I just haven't seen anything yet that convinces me to give up my T5s. If I see some LED grows that outdo my T5s, I will consider it, but I haven't see that yet.

Latest posts

Back