First non-bagseed grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markers

asdf;lkj
Reaction score
Finally got some store bought seeds. Germing 2 "Dutch Passion Blueberry". Gonna get em big enough to clone then grow 6 of the clones. Both popped out of the soil in just under 3 days. Looking fowarding to growing different strains.

Here's my first popped seeds that aren't bagseed. I've done 7 or 8 grows and hopefully learned from my mistakes. So now that I have half an idea I'm gonna grow some killier bud Yea? Oh yea and heres a picture out our back door last week.

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0snow.JPG

The one on the left looks real healthy. The one on the right is having a rough time. What do you plan on growing in? Soil or Hydro? Oh, and what kind of light? Stay safe Markers. :)

Yea, not sure if the one on the right is gonna make it. Same strain of seeds same conditions, oh well what ya gonna do? Gonna grow in soilless mix. Ive been mixing 1/2 potting soil, 1/4 perlite/ 1/4 vermiculite.
The Light right now is two 2 foot T8's. Then I'll use a homemade CFL contraption to veg them a little. When thier big enough I have two 150 watt HPS and a 400 watt MH/ HPS in the flower room. The flower area is about 3.5 feet x 2.5 feet. A friend was throwing away a bathroom light fixture. I saw it and said hey I might have a use for that. He don't smoke so I didn't tell what I had in mind. It had 7 light fixtures in a row, A handsaw and a little time turned it into the mess you see below.

IMG_0553.JPG

You go, Markers, I believe you will produce some dankiness beyond desire -- I like it a lot when people do things their own way. I'll look forward to watching your progress -- green mojo to you, friend.

Peace

Good luck luck with your grow.

I hope you have better results than I with DP blueberry, mine and someone else here had them hermi.
I also was not happy with the yield vs my DP white widow.

But that was a few years back so who knows either way good luck and ill be watchin this one.

I hope you have better results than I with DP blueberry, mine and someone else here had them hermi

No Dont tell me that lol. That strain was my wifes pick so I can blame her if it doesnt live up to expectations. Maybe I should pop a few different ones just in case.
Heres a pic of the flower room, this is bagseed, mostly sativa, 10 days into 12/12. And recently topped.

flower.jpg

Well I moved the little ones under more light. They are under 8 CFL's now. 4-2700k and 4-6500k.

DSCF3069.JPG

hey nice setup Markers, these babies having a rough babyhood they will grow out of it, I wouldn't mist them now, just let them be, keep some humidity so they don't dry and keep medium moist not wet.. LOL@ your friend throwing away this light fixture haha nice DIY piece :D with all this HPS I would have planted more seeds, much more, like 10 more :) you need to ensure females, and throw away males, then veg them enough to cover the area, you will veg for very long, can you not start more good seeds which you bought? investment in genetics is the best decision you made so far. that strain, Dutch Passion Blueberry, from what breeder is it coming?

Better hope your buddy doesn't ask to see what you did with his light fixture. :)

Just tell 'em you're growing some strawberries or lavender.

Good luck, nice strain if it works out for you.

these babies having a rough babyhood
Yea I dont know whats up with these sprouts. I wish I hadnt used those jiffy pots. My wife says they'll come around.
I would start more but I have the flower area pretty full and I want to get these new ones big enough to clone then put 6 clones in the flower room. Then keep adding a different strain or 2 every month or so. I want to keep clones going for a long time. I'm a cheap bastard dont wanna keep shellin out for more seeds.
Better hope your buddy doesn't ask to see what you did with his light fixture.
Yea i'll just tell him it didn't work out and I tossed it. :rolleyes: that light isn't pretty but it puts out about 24000 lumens and I have about $30 invested. the bulbs were on sale for a buck each. The y adaptors cost more than the bulbs lol.
Dutch Passion Blueberry, from what breeder is it coming?
I got em at Attitude, the breeder I believe is Dutch Passion. I also got

Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice
Dinafem Seeds OG Kush
Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy
Samsara Seeds Crazy Miss Hyde
World of Seeds Sugar Mango Ryder
Delicious Seeds Black Russian
Samsara Seeds Green Love Potion
T H Seeds MK Ultra

great! the first chance you get, throw the bagseeds out, get some more good genetics going. good weed is born, not grown ;)

:icon_smile: I havent grown from seed for almost 2 years. Been cloning 3 strains from bag seed that produced dank buds. I have kept the best one going, have 3 plants 12 days into 12/12 now. I'll be having fun starting a few new strains a month for awhile:icon_smile:

Ok I couldn't wait, I started a "Delicious Cotton Candy" a few minutes ago. Those Blueberries are getting tall and skinny, is it alright to put them in a little bigger pot and bury the stem up close to the leaves?

Hey man. That's a good idea with those light fixtures. Green Mojo for the seeds.

I planted a Delicious seeds Cotton Candy seed Saturday. It's Monday Morning and it is out of the dirt Yoo Hoo. Also heres an updated picture of the flower room 15 days into 12/12.

popped.jpg

1-DSCF3084.JPG

First mistake. You are growing in kitty litter containers. That is so gross!!! My opinion of course. Spend $15 and buy some 5 or 10gal pots. They are not that expensive.

MG Canna said:
First mistake. You are growing in kitty litter containers. That is so gross!!! My opinion of course. Spend $15 and buy some 5 or 10gal pots. They are not that expensive.

Why is that a mistake? Does it harm the plant? Will a plant not grow?

A good washing and they work great. With the money saved a grower could spend it on some killer generics.

Markers your plants look good to me:aok:

:yeahthat: Cut corners all you can except when it comes to Lighting, Ventilation, and seeds genetics

Latest posts

Back