First Rookie Grow Journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xRedkiller03x

Reaction score
Hello Everybody!!! This is my first time trying to grow Sum Ganja!! All of my Seeds Germinated well.
1x White Widow
1x Blue Cheese
1x Critical
1x Sweet Deep Grapefruit.

After Germination i planted them Yesterday 6/1 in 18oz cup full of Pro-Mix BX Soil. I Did make a big mistake by leaving my A/C off the first day i turned on my 400 Watt Grow light. What happened was i came back from work(9 hours later) and when i opened my door OMG! was it freaking insaly hot in my room. the grow tent was really warm and when i open the tent and check the temp it was reading 111% and 20 % Humidity(yea crazy). I Then turned on my A/C and cooled everything off. now the humidity is @ 25% and Temp is 85%. Now im Waiting for the Seeds To Sprout.

Update- Woke up this morning and found out 2 Seeeds Have Sprouted!!! My Sweet Deep Grapefruit & Blue Cheese. Now im just waiting on White Widow and Critical. I Was Wondering if a Carbon filter helps remove heat?

I read on here the other day not to use your filter until you need it for smell bcuz it will slow down the exchange of fresh air. So in a sense IMO it won't remove heat because the best way besides a cool tube to remove heat is air exchange. I could be wrong but in theory it sounds good:confused2:

Sounds like Thomas is tell ya right!

yea i did sum more research and all i need to do is get my inline fan in there to get the hot air out and i got to fans hooked up that brink sum a/c air in. hoping this will work. BTW my Critical Seed sprouted earlier today now just waiting for my White widow to do the same.

xRedkiller03x said:
yea i did sum more research and all i need to do is get my inline fan in there to get the hot air out and i got to fans hooked up that brink sum a/c air in. hoping this will work. BTW my Critical Seed sprouted earlier today now just waiting for my White widow to do the same.
That is exactly what I do. I am flowering and with the lights on I keep it around 72 to 75. I leave it run during dark period and bring the temp down around 62 to 65 because I read that at night during flowering you want your temp to drop 10 to 15 degrees becuase it stimulates the flowering hormones by tricking the plant into thinking winter is coming. Sounds like your germination is coming along great! Best of luck to ya!:watchplant:

Thnxs Thomas pics coming soon just waiting for my white widow to show.

xRedkiller03x said:
Thnxs Thomas pics coming soon just waiting for my white widow to show.
I can't wait to see them. I love looking at pics.

Here they are :) I did lose my white widow:( but still got 3 growing strong. what happened with my WW was a perlite rock was blocking it from sprouting so when it was suposed to come up it did a u-turn and headed back down. Pics- My Baby's, Cool tube, Grow Tent.

xRedkiller03x said:
Here they are :) I did lose my white widow:( but still got 3 growing strong. what happened with my WW was a perlite rock was blocking it from sprouting so when it was suposed to come up it did a u-turn and headed back down. Pics- My Baby's, Cool tube, Grow Tent.
Looks like your well on your way. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. I started 4 ak-48's and there was a stick below 1 and it stopped the tap root dead in it's tracks. :eek: I learned real quick to make sure there is nothing above or below. I have four more starting but before I planted the beans I used a pair of sterile tweezers to make sure the path is clear. Food for thought for next time. Your babies look great. They don't appear to be stretching at all. All looks good. Green mojo comin your way! Good luck:lama:

Update!- So Far So good, getting my inline later this week with my fox farm nutes. Sweet Deep Grapefruit is abit slower than the other 2 but its still growing.

Quick question when it comes down to nutes, Do i mix em together?( i know not all three but i got a feeding shedule online and somtimes it has 2 of em together)

Looking good. This is fun huh? Be prepared, you are hooked now. First sprouts...that's it.

Lol thnxs Rose and oh yea im hooked, im actually really looking into LEd Lights because i have a A/C and 400 Watt Lights running all day. Its gonna raise the light bill awhole bunch.

xRedkiller03x said:
Lol thnxs Rose and oh yea im hooked, im actually really looking into LEd Lights because i have a A/C and 400 Watt Lights running all day. Its gonna raise the light bill awhole bunch.

Try to buy a t5 setup and use it until the end of veg. then remove it and use the hps for flower.
Try to get also a extractor and attach it to the cooltube and remove that hot air from your room.
Both this things will help you with your bill in a relative short-term.

bho_expertz said:
Try to buy a t5 setup and use it until the end of veg. then remove it and use the hps for flower.
Try to get also a extractor and attach it to the cooltube and remove that hot air from your room.
Both this things will help you with your bill in a relative short-term.

:yeahthat: Good advise.

thnxs for joining guyz. Bho i checked sum T5 Lights andfound this one hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-GrowBright-2-Foot-6-Lamp-High-Output-T5-With-Choice-of-Bulbs.asp

How big is your tent? If you have space for 4' fixtures, I would recommend using those. If you can only fit 2' fixtures in your tent, you might want to check this one out--20,000 lumens and less money (these are the PL-55 double tubes):

hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp

hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-GrowBright-2-Foot-4-Lamp-High-Output-T5-With-Choice-of-Bulbs.asp

Theese would fit in perfectly in my grow tent, i was wondering if they would really help out in veg and would grow well? once i switch to flower i use my 400 watt hps correct? Also i dont want to mess up my digital ballast when i turn it off i just unplug it and it wont dammage or is there a better way to turn it off?

K so im havin sum probs with my Sweet Deep Grapefruit, for some reason its just not growing like the other's. Here are sum pics, u can tell which one is SDGF.

Latest posts

Back