First "semi-pro" grow? lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you get the water you are using? Like what kind is it ?

I get my water from a artesian well and the PH is 5.8 - 6.0 average. here is a link to the tests results of the well water. I prefer to drink this water because is is untreated.

hxxps://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B4l9wF17aOiSNmZlMTEzOGItYjdjZS00MGZmLWI1ZDktZmUwZDIzNGU5MzRj&hl=en

Think there might be a problem with the water?

I was thinking a calcium or magnesium def or both . I get it like that steady, if i don't use cal/mag or epsom salts to correct it. I also use spring water but just recently switched to distilled. Even spring water that you can buy starts off at 490 p.p.m. with salts of one sort or another whereas distilled does'nt.

At least this is what i believe to be correct.

i just re- read your first page and if you've only fed 3 times with 1/2 strenght, perhaps they are hungry as well. When you transplanted, did you wet the soil before you placed the plant or water directly after it was potted? If not , that might explain the 'droopy' . If it was me, i would suppliment some cal/mag in the water, feed them at 3/4 strength and sprat the leaves daily with weak cal/mag and nitrogen solution( more N than anything). And hope.

At least ,to the best of my knowledge ,thats what i would do.

ok I will have to run to store for cal/mag, Until then I sprayed the leaves with just a small amount of my FF grow big which has nitrogen... And yes I did water ( no nutes) when I transplanted, They were actualy looking a little better today before I sprayed

Why is no one else helping this fella??

I'de hate to be wrong and hurt your plant ,my friend, wish someone else could chime in as well.

Another thing occurred to me after reading your soil mix. You started with a peat moss base?? I can't remember the details but i remember reading that peat moss reacts with certain nutrients ,locking them out. I'm not saying that that is your problem, but it might be som ething to consider when making final diagnosis.:)
I'm workin in my room right now or i would do more research into it but its somewhere to start. Peace

yah some of the soil I used had spaghnum peat moss ( spelling?) I used that soil a few years ago when I grew and had no issues, I still have that and now mixed with mostly Happy Frog- That I got because it was cheaper and my departed mother collected frog stuff....If I fry em don't worry Sol I won't blame you

I would flush the plants with distilled water....... really really really water them until a quart or more runs out the bottom......... then in a day or 2 I would add my nutes to the distilled water and water good....... I live where there are arteisen auquifers (SP?)........ your parts per million are high..... you shouldn't need to lime much though. I hope someone will verify........ it shouldn't hurt your plants even if it is not the fix. Good luck.

If you will go to wally world and get one of those RV filters you hook to the hose and run your water through those it will bring down your parts per million down to where you can manage....... I get a 2 pack for under $20.00....... it opens up space in the water so your nutes will have plenty of space to work....... without taken all the good out of the water you have.

A pH of 5.8-6.0 is too low for soil grows. You are probably locking out nutrients that your plants need. Until you get your pH in line, nothing is going to help.

Any kind of particulate filter, like Grower 13 mentioned, is going to have very limited benefits. Most of the contaminants in water is in the form of dissolved solids and cannot be filtered out with simple cartridge filters. You generally need an RO or water treatment system of some kind. In addition, cartridge filters "do not open up space in the water". The water will take all the nutrients that we put into it. The reason that we want to start with water with a low ppm is so that you know what you are feeding your plants. The ppms in your water are basically "unknown nutrients". Since we want to know exactly what we are feeding our plants, it is nice to start with water with a low ppm.

The Hemp Goddess said:
A pH of 5.8-6.0 is too low for soil grows. You are probably locking out nutrients that your plants need. Until you get your pH in line, nothing is going to help.

You generally need an RO or water treatment system of some kind. In addition, cartridge filters "do not open up space in the water". The water will take all the nutrients that we put into it. The reason that we want to start with water with a low ppm is so that you know what you are feeding your plants. The ppms in your water are basically "unknown nutrients". Since we want to know exactly what we are feeding our plants, it is nice to start with water with a low ppm.

Will this do the trick THG?

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/COUNTERTOP-Water-Filter-Sediment-Carbon-Plus-2-filters-/160672890335?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item2568d9bddf

No, that is pretty much the same thing as the RV ones. It will remove any undissolved solids in your water. It is a carbon filter whose main purpose is to make the water taste and smell better. Any dissolved solids in your water will not be removed with this filter. Most well water has dissolved solids rather than solids in suspension.

Im not sure what you guys are telling me..Don't use the well water and switch to tap or distilled? I can't afford to buy distilled. Goddess the ph goes up when I add nutes, Should I still invest in some cal/mag?

I hate to say this because the last time shitstorm erupted but it looks like a ph issue. Too me it looks a lot like a Cal Mag deficiency probably because of the ph problem. You are probably locked out of other things as well. If you don't hve a PH meter and some PH up and Down I wld get some. Like THG said...until you get your PH in line they just won't uptake the nutrients. I PH everything that goes into my soil at 6.5 and start with a pretty neutral soil that I now add sweet lime to thanks to listening to the Organic peeps. Has been working great. jmo

Your tap water is most likely the same water with more stuff added. With the hard water...... I can't see lack of calcium being the problem...... you need to change the water somehow.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to a few of my fussier plants , while i was using spring water( which i used last grow too) , and after many weeks of the same fustration , i researched and switched to distilled water and added cal/mag and i have'nt had a problem since. They are still actually recovering nicely now, and that was the most effective way to eliminate that problem. Hope this helps:) :)

ok so I will pay closer attention to ph, get ph up and down, some cal/mag..look into sweet lime. So are you just buying gallon jugs of distilled at the store?...Thanks for tips.

I can get ro water or distilled water for a $1.00 a gallon ....... however, long term....... I'm going to get a RO water system....... for about $150.00 I'm going have good water for me and my plants.

I don't think you necessarily need to buy distilled water. Get you pH in line and then let's see what happens to your plants.

Latest posts

Back