First "semi-pro" grow? lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes mam will do..I only got test strips at the moment, I ordered a meter online will take awhile to get Im sure..and I will get cal/mag and ph up/down in a couple days...what should I do in the meantime,,,just distilled water? or maybe mist some grow big?

Dont buy ph up and down, when your meter gets there mix a nutes solution up and check it, you will need PH up or down but not both, jmo.

dman1234 said:
Dont buy ph up and down, when your meter gets there mix a nutes solution up and check it, you will need PH up or down but not both, jmo.

Problem with that is he will most likely need both....if he is growing in soil he will most likely need ph up to get it in range. It buffers my water at 5.8-5.9 and I need ph up to get to 6.5. Then when I want to just water my water has a ph of 7.8 out of the tap.( I believe most peeps who get their water from a public source will also hve water with a ph close to that.) So I need ph down...I go through a lot more ph down then up. I wld say 2 to 1 ratio at least. Jmo

Edit:After checking the EPA says drinking water shld hve a Ph between 6.5-8.5...so I guess the odds are your water will be above 7.

I've only needed down, but ive had high ph.
Moved 3 times around a 20 mile radius.
-Had tap water ph of 7.1, 8.4, and currently 9.1

Still waiting for my PH meter, Have fed them only distilled water in the last few days. Not sure what I should be doing now, flush with Distilled or feed some nutes, Maybe foliar feed? Anyone else use the ph test strips? Right after I dip it starts out yellow then slowly turns to a darker rust/brown color.

Fed with full nutes and some cal/mag with distilled water, things are looking better except the Vanilla Kush. Just got my meter today and have to figure that out, Im not the sharpest tool in the shed. Setting up my tent for flowers...will post pics soon. I also got some of that dolomite and noticed it is cal/mag as well. Should I put some in the soil or just feed the liquid cal/mag and maybe next time I pot new clones just add a little of the dolomite?

ok 16th day of flower 600w hps, been feeding cal/mag every other watering. got my PH in order ( 6.5 ). Vanilla Kush ( upper right ) still has some problems but looking better. Just fed some molasses. some of the clones I took have the yellow and crisp like before, maybe bad genetics? Purple haze already growing some buds. got Dolomite in my veg soil. Will I still need to add cal/mag?

HPS light is on in pic

veg 030.jpg

Hamster Lewis said:
Problem with that is he will most likely need both....if he is growing in soil he will most likely need ph up to get it in range. It buffers my water at 5.8-5.9 and I need ph up to get to 6.5. Then when I want to just water my water has a ph of 7.8 out of the tap.( I believe most peeps who get their water from a public source will also hve water with a ph close to that.) So I need ph down...I go through a lot more ph down then up. I wld say 2 to 1 ratio at least. Jmo

Edit:After checking the EPA says drinking water shld hve a Ph between 6.5-8.5...so I guess the odds are your water will be above 7.

your right hammy I needed both, a little down for just water feeds and more up for nute mix

Almost ready to start feeding the veg room soon, just wondering if I should still add cal/mag to nutes even though I mixed some fine grade dolomite lime into the soil. Also I am adding the cal/mag to my flowers every other watering. Oh one more question... After you have calibrated your pen with calibration fluid How do you dispose it? Is it safe to pour down the sink?

dontknowmuch said:
Almost ready to start feeding the veg room soon, just wondering if I should still add cal/mag to nutes even though I mixed some fine grade dolomite lime into the soil. Also I am adding the cal/mag to my flowers every other watering. Oh one more question... After you have calibrated your pen with calibration fluid How do you dispose it? Is it safe to pour down the sink?

Cal mag is more a flowering thing i give it here and there in veg but not much or often. jmo

Calibration fluid is just a fluid with a specific PH like 4 or 7 as far as i know, pour it out.

Latest posts

Back