First "semi-pro" grow? lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Ok so I grew a few years back using only cfl. So now I start my first grow with hopefuly better knowledge and better lights..These are clones from my local dispencery two Sweet Wreck, two Purple Haze and Two Vanilla Kush ( also have some WW seeds I will germ later) These are 10 days from clones in MJR organic blend with worm castings,Spaghnum peat moss and Pumice in 1 gallon pots. Maybe I should add some perlite when I repot?

I am using FF and thinking of switching to GH down the road. Veg is 4x2 with T5"s and using LST method...I have many concerns but I guess my biggest would be Spider Mites. I spray the plants with water and have bug screens on my intake air from outside. What else should I do to prevent Spider Mites?

Anyways thanks for looking and I will be reading more of your journals to learn more,,,thanks

kiki 028.jpg

kiki 030.jpg

You've been here long time. Welcome back. Winter, mites don't thrive well. So thats to your benefit. You always spray them last week of veg with miticide. Which one is up to you. I am bias to one. Only cause it has worked for years with no mites.

Thanks, May I ask which brand you use? or is mitacide the brand?

Pulling up a chair as well. Vanilla Kush has had my attention for sometime. Growing it out next season. GREEN MOJO

And I like Forbid, also a miticide. I believe that Floramite and Forbid are probably the 2 best out there for prevention of mites.

drfting07 said:
Pulling up a chair as well. Vanilla Kush has had my attention for sometime. Growing it out next season. GREEN MOJO

VK is a good smoke, not as good as OG of course, but nice at any rate!!

Wow, i must just be lucky,..have'nt seen a spider mite presently, or last grow, maybe too cold here. But , i hope you kick em out of your spot, they don't sound like much fun.

So your using 2 4ft florescent tubes now, and have you decided what to use for flower? Just curious, or do you already have flowering lights?

I don't have any Spider Mites but I want to do as much as I can to prevent them. I am running four 4ft bulbs and I have to set up my flower tent soon and will be running 600w HPS with cooled hood and 6" inline fan with a carbon filter. My humidity is around 50 is that ok for veg? I guess I will just go with whichever I can find cheapest Forbid or Floramite, So the last week of veg is the latest I should spray them?.. I better start shopping because I was thinking maybe throw in flower in a couple weeks.

Thanks

I kind of like to switch up treatments. I have both Forbid and Floramite. Mites can develop resistance to treatments quite fast.

Ok but just to clarify this is for prevention I do not have spider mites at this time. Knock on wood

LOL, gotcha .:)
I think i had too many lournals open and got u mixed up with sumone else, maybe. No mites, just preventative.

When I got the clones some of them had a few crispy and or brown leaves. They are growing strong but still have the crisp and brown. I will add a pic next post to show you all. The Sweet Wreck is growing the fastest and it is lush green. Temps are running average 72*f and humidity is 50

If they were newly rooted clones sometimes the tips turn yellow and brown when they are rooting (happens to me alot) They always grow past it though. After they turn crispy i always remove them there not coming back.

First pic is Sweet Wreck and they are looking great! Second and third are my Purple Hazes with the brown and crispy leaves. Not so great!

kiki 040.jpg

kiki 038.jpg

kiki 039.jpg

dontknowmuch said:
First pic is Sweet Wreck and they are looking great! Second and third are my Purple Hazes with the brown and crispy leaves. Not so great!

Looks like nute burn on those purples. The Sweet Wreck looks great.

Well when I got them I was looking for the greenest looking clones he had but all the PHaze had some brown and crisp . The BudTender said they were ready for some nutes and they should grow up happy. I have only fed like half dose of ff Grow Big with just a minute amount of the Big Bloom. Should I wait and see if they perk up or maybe take the greenest clones from them and try to start over?

24 days from planting clones:
Just transplanted to bigger pots in some Happy Frog soil. I'm not sure how much to feed them now or when. I have only fed them 3 times since I got them with half dose of FF grow and Bloom. They still looking like either Burn Or deficiant, I Don't know...Here are some pics.

First pic-Purple Haze
Second is Vanillia Kush
Third pic, Sweet Wreck ( Kinda droopy? )
Fourth is crisp tip on Sweet Wreck

veg 008.jpg

veg 010.jpg

veg 011.jpg

veg 013.jpg

Latest posts

Back