first serious grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DalianTross

Reaction score
I've just started a 400w 9ft² grow, two plants; Bubba Kush and one Blue Dream. Foxfarm soil and Nutes. Smart pots, Panda Cloth tent . Im sure ill have lots of questions

Welcome to MP forum.

You're wise to start out with only two plants. Having a lot of plants for a first serious grow can be frustrating.

Ask all the questions you need to ask. We're friendly and knowledgeable; we can guide you. I've become a decent grower because of this site. You don't even need a book. I have a couple, but this site is better, in my opinion.

Good luck.

Welcome to MP and good luck with your grow. :48:

DalianTross said:
I've just started a 400w 9ft² grow, two plants; Bubba Kush and one Blue Dream. Foxfarm soil and Nutes. Smart pots, Panda Cloth tent . Im sure ill have lots of questions

I can't wait to see what may ensue. . . .

Welcome! My first serious grow was last winter and I learned soooo much from the folks here!! Ask anything, somebody will have an answer for you pronto!! Good luck!!

good luck d.t! ask lots of questions & post some pics,

Welcome to MP....at 9 sqr feet you are close to the min lumens recommended for flowering in a space that size depending on the brand of bulb you are using. I believe 400w HPS bulbs usually range from 45,000-51,000 initial lumens. Glad you are only growing 2 plants. If you dont wind up using all the space with them and you can tighten your space up you can increase your lumens/sqr foot which cld mean bigger, denser buds.
You make no mention of ventilation.....I hope that was just an oversight because ventilation is probably just as important as your lighting. You need to exchange the old stale air in the grow space with fresh air. A lot of us use inline fans and pull the old air out and use passive intakes down low to let the fresh cooler air in. Any who welcome to the site...you found a great place to learn the art of growing. Loads of knowledgeable peeps here.

Latest posts

Back