First Set Up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyboy28

Reaction score
Hello All, was just wondering if i could ask for some advice and see if im going in the right direction, ive attached a blue print of the small grow box i im going to make, the box is 3-Foot tall and a foot wide. is this enough space for a single plant? looking for the right light fitting was going with a 80w CFL not quite sure on the fittings/holder also im not the richest person so moneys an issue at the mo. i have 2 small computer fans which im hoping with keep the box cool and keep the air flow right. any information would be all taken on board thanks peeps.
(waffled on abit there so thanks for ur time) :watchplant:

Untitled.png

Hey, Im currently undergoing my first grow and have run into myriad issues. I have learned a lot and may be able to help you out a little.

If you look into LST and Supercropping, i think you will find that you can make your plant fit almost any space you want. When figuring out how much room you will have for the plant, don't forget that you have to include the height of the pot(not the plant, the container ha) and the height of your light rig.
Is the separate room on the bottom of the blue print a veg or clone chamber of some sort?
Also, 80w cfl will not cut it for long, maybe with a few of them you will be ok.
For the fans, it is suggested, for smaller spaces to use a passive intake, active exhaust setup. That would mean you use both your fans for exhaust, and place them at the top or on top of your box, and then have a screened opening, for light protection, to let air come in. The opening should be larger than the space the exhaust fans take up. Im not sure how much it matters with one plant, but its pretty important to usually have a fan blow across the plants as well. Looks like you only have a 3 cubic foot space so maybe just the one pc fan can be exhaust with the other for circulation...
This is the first time I've been able to help someone else out, so I also ran a little long there.. sorry ha hope it helps

good luck! google is your friend.

cheers mate will upload the product when ive built it light situation baffling me im going to use an old garden halogen light i think and hang it on chains to adjust heights ect. will have a look more online before i install fans also. seen online people building small computer cases into grow boxs just so limited to space. wish i had a full room ovbs need more knowledge like. haha thanks again and speak soon pal

old garden halogen light

A halogen light is not good for growing.

You want to use cfl's or mH or hps lighting. With the highest lumens you can and still control the heat.

Duck has that right pilgrem be better light had my friend. Good luck with yur travels yual on to fun ones ahead.

BWD

I started my first plant be under a 150w hps and did ok by me pouch for the space. Yual might least try that some folk might have better suggestion but It would work for ya just dont get the hopes for huges pouches pilgrem.

BWD

I think that a 150W HPS in a cool tube would do a great job for you.

Well ifin THG agrees yual be on the right track friend she knows her stuff. I just dont know what a cool tube is yual have to ask her :(

BWD

anyone suggest a light fitting and bulb from amazon as cheap as possible limited to cash thanks all

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think that a 150W HPS in a cool tube would do a great job for you.
If you use a cool tube, do you need to have ducting set up to pull air through the tube or is it effective on its on as well? His setup might not be able to fit ducting in there... just a thought

keyboy28 said:
anyone suggest a light fitting and bulb from amazon as cheap as possible limited to cash thanks all

I think you could pretty easily google "best 150w light setup" or search the forums and find some answers... We can't do it ALL for you...

Nonetheless, I think I've heard good things about Sun Systems and in about 10 seconds(slow mexican internet...) I found this on Amazon:
hXXp://www.amazon.com/Sun-System®-Grow-Light-Fixture/dp/B001JL0BWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338069196&sr=8-1

Good Luck!

IMO, there will be no way to keep temps down unless he uses some kind of air cooled hood....and that is going to require ducting.

I don't know about Amazon for good deals but there are a lot of reputable hydro and light dealers on Ebay that have some really killer deals. You just have to watch for them. definitely need to get a cool tube though. :)

cheers all thanks for your help much apprectiated taking all your advice on board

Latest posts

Back