First successful grow - questions about cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keralacheese

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first successful grow. It's a seed of what's known as kerala ganja in sri lanka and i assume it's a sativa strain originating from somewhere in south india.
It's on a 16/8 light cycle under a 60W led light, and i'm going to double it to 120W before putting in flowering. Soil is 50% regular red soil and 50% compost using diluted urine as the source of nutrients.

IMG20201107083725.jpg

Pre-flowers have already started appearing and if i'm not mistaken it's a female plant.
IMG20201107084420.jpg

So i would like to clone this before i put this plant into flowering cycle.
My question is would this branch in the next picture be old enough to clone? or should i try to clone off the main stem at the top? it is already a bit too tall for my liking.
IMG20201107084453.jpg

can i just say before anyone starts it is impossible for urine to contain nutrients. the body gets rid of toxins by doing number ones and number twos. its a fooking myth about hermits drinking their own piss its not good for anything. Nice grow all the same. it seems you have a plan, id use water without the homemade "nutrients". good luck bud. ive made lots of mistakes during my first grow i cant wait until i start the second.

Would really appreciate if someone can give an input on cloning, i'm leaning towards cutting the main stem and cloning because the plant has already reached the lights and would grow further after i flip, would that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clone from the top. This will slow down the growth. Plus it will introduce 2 main tops.
Also clone at least one more branch that you were showing.
You want to clone as many as you can, just in case something happens.
Also don't use piss.
If anything just use plain water.
It will be fine.
Good luck...

Latest posts

Back