First time browning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
I'm not completely stupid on how to grow. But I thought I would check in with some other professionals as well to reinforce what i think is the problem since I'm not too into the whole ground growing and is a lil new to me.
Basically everything was going fine the whole grow no troubles along the way... had a lil nute burn a couple weeks ago but handled that fine no problems. Then BAM 2 days of heat... reaaaal heat. I heard it was coming so i cranked the fans up and soaked the plants good w/ water. But I left the 1000w hps on. To make a long story short I think it was just low humidity ~30 those 2 days in a row... and the heat... ~100+
Nute deficiencies and ph should not be a problem imho.
Here are a few pics.. if anymore are needed I can take them tomorrow.

brown1.jpg

And a closeup of one.
brown2.jpg

This plant was WAAAAY worse at the time... approx a week has passed now. When I hear it is going to be a hot day I raise the light way up or i'll put on a few fluros to hold it over the 6 hot hours or so. They seem to be doing a lot better. I'm 80% sure it is heat... but want others opinions on the lack of a certain nute.

My experience with heat stress, it usually affects the uppermost portions of the plants, those closest to the light/heat. I'm lucky to maintain 30% RH in my room. usually it remains in the lower 20's. I doubt it's a humidity problem.
Nute deficiencies and ph should not be a problem imho.
What "is" your ph?..and what and when is your feeding schedule?

Yesterday the ph was 6.5. I do not feed too often. Twice a week max. I don't like how nutes catch up in soil when the plants get bigger. Shocked the crap outta me. I'm more accustomed to hydro. So I've been takin it easy. Like I said this was last week when the leaves were on top. They've still grown since then. I just left some half dead ones on. I don't pick off dead leaves they can fall off themselves. Ever since that day when I hear it will be hot I put the light up high or hold em over w/ flouros. Also, I just noticed this morning... it seems the taller of the plants took it the worst.

Well we'll see if heat is the problem. I'm switching to 12/12 tomorrow morning. But today I left the light on. I just got a call while I was at work that the heat is up over 100. One day won't matter much heatwise. But I'll answer my own question I guess!

how did this ever work out for you.........mine are burning at the tips and some leaves are drying to the point i can touch them and they will fall off....only at the tips though.....im still nervous....this is my 1st real grow so im learning as i go............

I~

I flushed the pots with soooo much ph'd water it wasn't fit... saw an improvement over the few days I flushed... but the outgoing water ph never changed much at all. It was the symptoms of Ph lockout and the extreme heat over a week.. around 100-105 or so.

Latest posts

Back