First time builder supply list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fyi onmikesline, they frown on live outside here on our forum :aok:

With tents I have found that you get what you pay for. I bought a cheap one from ebay and it has more light leaks then I care to mention, this one I use for veg because light leaks are not so much of an issue. I also bought a Secret Jardin from Greners.com when they had a big sale before Thanksgiving, and it has no light leaks at all, I use this for flowering because when in flowering you want zero light leaks.

If you want to save money make your own DWC buckets, they are a whole lot cheaper when you make them yourself. Plus I do not see the need of a drip system with a DWC with just a couple days of hand watering(if you need to) your roots will hit the nute solutions anyways.

yeah im sure some tents leak, can you remember the one that was leaking so i can stay away from it?

here is one that is very similar

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/48-x-48-x-78-4-x-4-Ft-100-Reflective-Mylar-Hydroponic-Indoor-Grow-Room-Tent-/230740102816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b92e8ea0

this is the one i was looking at Built-in Zippers and Velcro
www.ebay.com/itm/180785770570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_864wt_1161[/url]

4'11" x 4'11" x 6'6.75"

that one is great. but.... its a little short, might want to get one taller atleast 6-7' if your going to flower in it. imo

i love the ones that do not have the sleaves on the vent openings. with that style tent you can add the add on flanges. and that makes for much cleaner, easier setup.

the hole on top of the tent is a prefect place for you to set a fan on so it wont be in the tent itself, saving space.

i actually bought mine from that seller

you need a centrifugal fan, not a inline booster. you can set them right on top

picture is a centrifugal fan, you would place that on top of the tent itself, and the ducting would connect from your lights to that, blowing the hot air out.

dont have my phone at moment so cant show my setup, it would explain a bit better by seeing

unnamed.jpg

you think a Secret Jardin Dark Room Pro DR150 II Grow Tent will be better size? because i do have to hang up the T5's and i kinda want it to fit lol

IMO no, i dont like that style (sleeves). but this is your grow, your money.

i would get the one you just posted on ebay but a taller one.

onmikesline said:
you think a Secret Jardin Dark Room Pro DR150 II Grow Tent will be better?

Yes... I have the DR Pro120 II and it is a real good tent. No light leaks anywhere, even the zippers do not allow light through

PuffinNugs said:
IMO no, i dont like that style. but this is your grow, your money.

i would get the one you just posted on ebay but a taller one.

i would but i cant find a taller one :(

they are all over...
3x3
hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/36-x-36-x-78-3-x-3-Ft-100-Reflective-Mylar-Hydroponic-Indoor-Grow-Room-Tent-/320838526080?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab3776480

4x4
hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/4x4x6-5ft-MYLAR-HYDROPONIC-GROW-TENT-BOX-ROOM-48x48x78-/280739968083?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415d67f453

if you get one without sleeves you can add these (picture), amkes everything so much better imo

6%20inch%20FLANGE%20Gallery1.jpg

yeah that's perfect, thank you so much,

and for the centrifugal fan fan your showing in the picture, should i go with a 4'' or a 6?

6" and a fan speed controller

4" seem louder for me, plus most ducting and lights are set for 6" and then you wont have to run any reducers

and the 6'' one has a 120v plug right?, sorry for all the dumb questions, i just want to make sure im doing everything right because it seems like you guys are experts

I'm looking at speed controls but im not 100% sure which one to get :(

i just was helping a buddy get setup so its all fresh in my mind.. he couldnt afford it in the end though to be setup proper, has to wait for more cash

but yes its 120v normally

ill post a link to the controller next post

fan speed controller
hctp://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEEDSTER-Inline-Fan-Speed-Control-Controller-Variable-/120747328027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1d1a021b

the htgsupply text is not there on real thing, just a watermark ;)

Im so happy that im finally doing this, its been years that i wanted to. i already have the seeds :) i have 5 AK-47s and a bunch of others to

Here's my new list, let me know what you think

4x4x6.5ft MYLAR HYDROPONIC GROW TENT BOX ROOM 48x48x78
Virtual Sun 600W HPS MH Grow Light Hood Reflector Magneti, Air cool
T5 GROW LIGHT COMPLETE w T5HO BULBS 8,4 FOOT
SPEEDSTER Inline Fan Speed Control Controller Variable
Hydroton 50 Liters - Expanded Clay Grow Rocks Hydroponics...
Fantech FG6XL 6" Duct 483 CFM Inline Centrifugal Fan
New LCD Digital TDS Meter Tester Water Quality ppm Purity...
Hydroponic Grow System DWC Drip Combo Complete setup
6 Inch X 16 Ft Flexible Ducting Tube w/ 2 Clamps Inline F...

anything to add? or remove...

Latest posts

Back