First time, done right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticPig

Reaction score
Hello, This will be my first time growing (anything really) I have some friends willing to buy what I need to get my indoor grow (48x36x72) up and going. I'm looking for useful knowledge about steps in the process, MAJOR NoNo's or product recommendations. I have done my homework on the "process" for the most part. The math behind ventilation and lighting however seems to elude me. Any insight would be much appreciated. Hope to speak with a lot of you soon.

Welcome to MP, join in on the fun and games here. And burn one while your lookin'.

AWESOME!---welcome aboard---1st thing is the room---is it temperature controlled---what's the plan on scrubbing the scent---is it sealed---do you have enough electric to run 3k watts to include lights, fans, pumps, etc....2nd is the medium---soil or hydro----3rd is do you have another separate space to run cuttings/veg room for a perpetual grow---if that were my space---i would run a scrog with 3 rows of 4, 5 gal buckets

and another thing---partnerships/sponsors can get complicated---be sure to have a solid agreement upfront---be prepared on what happens in the event you may lose a crop as all the labor and power costs are still an expense successful or not

Yeah I would be extremely careful having partnerships especially with a "room" that small (that was in inches correct). But either way just make sure you have done a lot of research and have a good plan in place before you start buying or setting anything up. A 600w hps/mh would do that space nice but you could try a 1000w in there just get the digital ballast that you can turn the wattage down on. That way if 1000 is too much you can just crank it down to 600w. The basics however you need to be aware of are Lights, ventilation, soil, nutrition, and genetics. Get those squared away and have a good understanding of them all before you start. If you had to skimp on any of those it would be genetics but I wouldn't as popping bag seeds when you have a small space like that is not a good way to get good harvest. Can't pheno hunt with a space that small. Last thing I want to mention is about ventilation. It's not just about how often the air is being replaced in the space. You also need fans blowing it around internally to avoid problems. Good luck and keep us up to date on what's going on. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum.

Hello, This will be my first time growing (anything really) I have some friends willing to buy what I need to get my indoor grow (48x36x72) up and going. I'm looking for useful knowledge about steps in the process, MAJOR NoNo's or product recommendations. I have done my homework on the "process" for the most part. The math behind ventilation and lighting however seems to elude me. Any insight would be much appreciated. Hope to speak with a lot of you soon.

48 x 36 x 72........Are you talking inches or feet?

If its inches use this space to learn, if its feet you are talking about I do not recommend this large of an area INSIDE to start.

Actually its best to do the research yourself and apply it. Learn as u go, on your own. If problems arise you cannot resolve, ask for help.

Nobody smart is gonna partner in a large scale operation with a complete novice. You playing us?

Latest posts

Back