First Time From Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So I got 12 Clones the other day and I thought I would give them a Run in my new space.
4x4 Tent
400 Watt MH
1000HPS
Promix soil and Botanicare nutes.

This is only my second grow to date. The last grow went well and I learned SO much but Heat got me and my buds were very loose and fluffy from it. So I hope to not make the same mistakes again.

Strains are RoccaBerry,Concusion and OG

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418523693.721650.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418523707.677329.jpg

I just put the clones into the soil Today.

I was Told just to water the cubes and place them into the soil but not water the soil how long should I wait to water them?

How long did it take for the cubes to dry out before the transplant? Wait that long and then just water where the cube is in the soil. Then the next watering you will make the area you water a little bit bigger than the last watering. By the 3rd or 4th watering you should be doing the entire pot. That's what I have been doing each time I transplant into a bigger pot and it seems to work. You do this because MJ needs to dry out a bit before they get watered again so the roots can get some O2. This is what I've learned from this forum anyway. Please correct me everybody if I'm mistaken. That's going to be one rockin tent in a month!!!

Water deeply then allow to dry to when your finger is in the dirt it should feel dry up to the second knuckle. They don't want to dry to the point of wilt...tooo dry. Those look like they need a deep water to me.

Water the entire pot always, shallow watering is never a good idea.

jeez most of your plants look quite done for i'm sad to say

turn of the light straight away and pray that some will pick back up. it is the light intensity that they are not used to that can cause such rapid death

wait until they perk back up, then set your light at intervals like 15mins on 30mins off, and so on, they harden up in couple of days

ahh . yeah u gotta keep them wet . and under a t5 mabye with some humidity. grreen mojo bro

Yea put 5 Fire OG beans in water cause I'm sure I'll have some death in the AM

I notice that you have bushed the exhaust down to 4" from 6". This in effect cuts your air flow more than 50%--6" circle 28.26 sq inches, a 4" circle 12.56 sq inches. This is probably part of your heat problem. I really think that a 1000W light needs the entire 6" of exhaust to adequately exhaust the heat. Also, I noticed a piece of dryer ducting just hanging with an open end at the bottom of the tent...what does this ducting go to? If this is the intake on the light, I would recommend taking the intake air from outside the tent.

I always water until run off.

So they designed the light wrong your saying? How do you get the flange on the light bigger ? Just like your a plumber I'm an hvacr tech well aware of CFM. Thanks for your concerns but heat isn't my problem now it was in the summer in my old grow spot but not this one.

The white duct is a passive intake my temps max out at 74F never higher

All my girls but 2 look like they will pull threw .

Put my beans in damn paper towel to germ hope they open Tommorow

yeah exhaust should be all 6" or 8-6". will give you better flow .

So they designed the light wrong your saying? How do you get the flange on the light bigger ? Just like your a plumber I'm an hvacr tech well aware of CFM. Thanks for your concerns but heat isn't my problem now it was in the summer in my old grow spot but not this one.

The white duct is a passive intake my temps max out at 74F never higher

All my girls but 2 look like they will pull threw .

Put my beans in damn paper towel to germ hope they open Tommorow

You can see from the pics that the reflector has 6" ducting and that it has been bushed down to 4" with 4" dryer ducting You may be okay while running the 400W MH, but I believe that when you get the 1000W HPS in there that the 4" ducting is not going to cool the space.

I am glad that most of your plants have recovered.

So a little update today.
We had a death lil Timmy is no longer with us but 3 new beans of some Fire OG took his spot
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418761943.886679.jpg
I have 3 clones right now that are recovering and looks like they might make it. The other 8 look just fine
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418762005.033812.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418762015.028667.jpg

So just a little update. I am trading a buddy a Fire OG clone for a Tangie clone can't wait for those genetics
Green mojo everyone

I am so glad that most recovered. I am not sure how well you know this friend and his grow, but examine the plant well for any insects or disease. One of our members get a clone from a friend infected with spider mites. You do not want "The Borg". Hopefully we will be able to trade seeds, clones, and plants like we do veggies. Both the Fire OG and the Tangie sound great. I do love that kush taste!

Next time you see clones going down like that, reduce temps, and cover the plants with a cloche, I like milk jugs with the cap removed.

Well got me a MH 1000watt bulb now for veg hope the plants enjoy it a lot more.
Lyfespan I do not get what you are talking about? Like cut the bottom out and out it over as a cap

Latest posts

Back