First time grow, long time lurker; first time poster. Drooping leaves help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow_Trout

Reaction score
I recently started my first grow, Samsara Seed's Crazy Miss Hyde.

I'm currently 17 days into flowering and a few days ago I started noticing a bit of a problem. My bottom leaves and branches are drooping; some of the tips also appear to have a slight yellowing.

I have the plant in a 3 gallon gro bag with an inch of perlite on the bottom and local organic soil on the top. I've been watering until moist, giving two watering a week with half strength nutes (General Organics Go Box) each time. I currently have 8 CFL's aimed at the plant; 4 on the top and 2 on each side. I also have a fan keeping my grow room cool and the providing the plant with a breeze.

Any help and or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

IMG_3652.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

lloks like over watering....and maybe PH inballance..what is the PH of your solution?

You mean of my nutrient solution? I've never checked when it was fully mixed. I've only tested to make sure the distilled water was in the right range. The instructions on the nutrients said PHing the solution was not necessary.

My first impression is she is over watered. I think you may be keeping it too moist for a plant that size in that size bag. JMO, others will chime in I'm sure.

I've been watering it most recently a little under half a gallon twice a week; Wednesday and Sunday respectively, if that helps.

The next time you go to water it, stick your finger in as deep as you can go and see if it is still damp inside. If it is you may want to wait longer before watering again. Being in organic soil, you may not have enough pearlite to allow good oxygenation of the soil and it is staying wet down deep. Also, a good trick to help prevent overwatering is to mix your solutiuon and drop an airstone into the bucket and hook up an aquarium pump to aerate the solution for 24hrs before adding it to the plant(make sure the water/solution is at 65f degrees, as that is best level for oxygenation).

This is just me personally, but I feed with full strength solution every time I water my organic plants. And going forward, make sure you have added some Mychorrizae to yer soil about a week or two before setting plants as that gives them time to get established and working before the plants get in. :)

I now yual a Rainbow Trout but yur plant aint to needin the water yual do pilgrem ;) No disrespect friend just pokin bit fun Yur plant looks to be sawgy let her be and dry fur few days to even week ifin pots weight be tellin yual do well just leave plant to dry while and let her tell ya when to water

BWD

Thanks for all the advice, I will skip a watering, cut down on watering and work to a full nutrient dose and see what happens.

The plant was actually super healthy up until a few days ago.

I have some dolemite lime handy, should I add some to neutralize my PH?

To add lime yual would need to do so with water in my past exsperience sorry the spellin but that would mean addin "water gain" let them be pilgrem few day reckon be good then assess ;)

BWD

Rainbow_Trout said:
I mean when I do water again, should I add some of the lime?

Nope I wouldnt less they say too reckon they just need time to relaxe lettim dry let them chill and no need to introduce one over given with another let ride pilgrem just a bit I knows yur pumped this new trail walkin but walk it slow take in the surroundin as yual complete yur journey ;)

BWD

No lime just up your nutes

I've been doing two watering of half strength suggested nutes each time should I go to a full strength with each water?

I would use full strength once a week or so and water the rest of the time

I do have queston though why all yu new comers be makin me hungrey yur names signin? Rainbow Trout, catfish? Makin me hungrey everytime I be chattin with ya ;)

BWD

Rainbow_Trout said:
I just happen to enjoy aquatic life and rivers and my family always has

Yup me too love all kind aquatic life! Fish turtle snake muskrat beaver yual be my kinda folk! Loves it all! Welcome fireside pilgrem fires warm ya find here ;)

BWD

Hey BWD,
Ifin you want hunger supresion. -- try the finnless brown trout.
No disrespect ment.

Latest posts

Back