First time grow, long time lurker; first time poster. Drooping leaves help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I hook one up without being able to wire it into the wall?

If I'm not mistaken these don't have a plug for the wall like a normal fan do they?

Well it looks like the 250 watt kits are about the same as the 400 watt kit. So I might as well go with the 400 watt.

I'm just concerned about the heat output as well as the added cost of the exhaust fan if I go for a 400 watt.

Rainbow_Trout said:
How do I hook one up without being able to wire it into the wall?

If I'm not mistaken these don't have a plug for the wall like a normal fan do they?

They plug into a regular wall socket or extension cord with three holes in it.

Since you are sure that you are never going to grow more than 1-2 plants, I recommend making your space smaller. A 250W will cover a space about 2 x 2. I did a small grow ( 2 plants that were scrogged) in about 4 sq ft with a dual 150W HPS that did quite well. You can certainly grow a small personal supply. You may want to look at some different training methods that will help maximize your yield. Since your space is small, you may do better growing SOG as your veg time is cut down. I don't have much extras money every month either. Keep your eyes open for good buys on growing supplies or things you can make into growing supplies.

You need good ventilation, regardless of the heat. A continual supply of fresh air is necessary for photosynthesis. Good light and good ventilation are a must for good qualtitry and quantity. You do get out of this what you put into it.

I'm not sure how I can make my space smaller. I'm growing in a re-purposed pantry; the only area in my apartment that seems suitable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Also, a single 150watt HPS would be too small for a single plant I take it; even if I somehow make my grow-space smaller?

well now knowing your in an apartment...ya best get a scrubber...Best of luck

use some panda film or painted plywood cutt to size...Ive even used styrofoam boards....just make the room smaller...

Bigger is better..and IMO...the 400 wont put out anymore heat than 250...but the lumes and spectrum is much greater with the 400...

I'm still open to the idea of the 400 watt, would that suffice for my grow area without any sort of re-modeling?

There will always be remodelin pilgrem yual just gettin started ;) Venom in yur viens now

BWD

but I can't really do much remodeling as I'm renting so I want to fill the space I have properly :)

this may not be good this way as you Rent...if you are not legal than you could be heading in for trouble...If I was to live in an apartment..I would look into a Tent setup....with ALL the stealth..you could fit a 2x4 tent in that pantry..these plants really smell and you must think this out...

take care and be safe

i know these tents are cheap but for 200 bux!! hMPp://www.ebay.com/itm/251014332977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

hMPp://www.ebay.com/itm/600-Watt-Grow-Lights-System-Combo-w-Ballast-Air-Cooled-Reflector-MH-HPS-Fan-/261075238035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc94bfc93

this is a better deal....

Rainbow_Trout said:
what would I be doing with this board? just nailing it together?

you can use these boards to make a false wall...liquid nail (glue)

I can't afford either of those; I only have a $120 budget for the new lighting. I think I'll go with the 400 HPS and try to get some help setting it up.

Latest posts

Back