First time grow, long time lurker; first time poster. Drooping leaves help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to purchase the 400 watt for sure; what dimension box should I shoot for, I can make a box out of the white board correct? Well a semi-box; with the light fixture placed above.

Also I should have an outtake and an intake fan I take it; and for those I would just cut holes big enough for the fan?

A 400W will cover about 10 sq ft, so I would look at a 2 x 4 or a 3 x 3 tent, whichever will fit best.

You can usually get a 2x4x5 tent off ebay for 99 bucks shipped. Would a tent fit in your space? They make growing a lot easier that's for sure. Waterproof spill tray on the floor, reflective walls, vent ports already built in.

A tent will most likely not fit; and I sure don't have $99 to be spending on top of buying a 400 watt HPS.

that foam board isnt that cheap either my friend....Hampster lewis is correct..after you get everything needed to build it ..it will be more than a 100 dollar tent...He also has a tent grower club...If you run a cooltube than you can use an extraction fan that will cool the light and bring in fresh air...what is the hight of the pantry?..

When I guesstimated the room earlier, I think I must've been too high or something I was way off. I'm measuring for real now give me a few moments.

just shy of 4 feet tall, 2 and a half feet wide, and 2 and a half feet deep. Could I just use the room?

I'm sorry I'm such a newbie at this; I just want to do it right and correct my bad start :/.

also would these fans suffice?

hmtp://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-4-pk-6-Inch-Booster-Fan-Inline-Blower-Exhaust-Ducting-Vent-HPS-LED-Tent-/180933728607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6fccef56c5

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help! It's been very nice to not be frustrated alone when trying to figure out a workable set-up for myself.

I'm gonna catch some z's but I'll be up bright and early to check on this thread and hopefully full hash out what I'll be doing,

Glad we could help...I was a bit overwhelmed myself when I first realized just how much goes into doing this well.

ive never used an inline fan as an extractor...but then i aint grown in such a small space...Im still more concerned with smell than anything...

I'm always up this early. I''m thinking this:

1.) 400 Watt HPS System

2.) Coating the walls with Mylar

3.) Not sure on fans but I'm curious if those would work; or what kind of fan I should be using and if I need one going in and one going out?

I don't think I'm forgetting anything am I? I have everything else still.

In yur mind yual have spent thousands of skins even though yual have the little ya got, being thrifty and being a McGiver will help ya long yur journey pilgrem. Dont be affraid to invent yur need from things found, borowed or stumbled on. Yual be amazed what ya can grow workin with nothin puchased fur skins. Yual do just fine friend makes me remember my excitements when I first started out. Yur hooked now ;)

BWD

Yeah that space will work well for a 400w but height and heat will be your real challenge. The 400 will do very good for that space, but you will have to wait and save a few bucks and watch ebay for a small centrifugal fan and a charcoal filter combination.

These 3 things are a must have for growing good MJ: For vegging plants, minimum 3000 lumens per square foot of grow space, and for flowering, minimum 5000 lumens per square foot of grow space. Lumens is the measure of light energy that is put out by the lighting. The 400w hps will give you more than the minimum and will grow beautifull dense buds that will be very tasty and potent.

With that low of a space, trying to remove the heat will be difficult going any other route than a centrifugal fan. The duct fans are worse than useless for this because they don't develop any vacuume to pull the air out. With the proper fan you won't need an intake fan as the exaust fan will create vacuume on your grow space and pull fresh air in through small intake holes. You will need to create a few intake holes using something like 2"black pvc pipe with 2 90degree elbows to allow air flow but no outside light.

Any time you grow MJ, odor is a serious issue unless you are way out away from others and don't have visitors that mind the odor. MJ is very very very odorous when growing during the flowering period. Bigger plants grown outside can be smelled upwards of a 1/4mile away when down-wind. A charcoal filter will eliminate this issue completely when used in conjunction with an enclosed room vented properly through the filter.

Trust me as I have experienced this and heard countless stories from people here that have done the sam thing. Don't start growing until you can fully set up this space correctly, even if you have to wait awhile. Getting ahead of yourself will cause you loss of money spent in a hurry, plenty of headaches and aggrivation, and possible legal issues. Once done right, you will be rewarded nicely, and you will be happy you waited. :) In the mean time do some reading on growing, and on plant training methods as you will need to do significant training for growing in a small environment. :)

Isn't MP great.

Don't waste your money on mylar. Get some flat white paint and paint that closet. You can do that right?

I'm technically not supposed to make any alterations to my apartment; I've lived here for going on two years and never once have seen the land-lord or had a call though.

Also the plant I was growing looks a lot better, I'm thinking of attempting to finish this one up with CFL's I already have (I have more just have to get them ready) and waiting until I can truly afford a good setup before starting again. I've seen a few fungus gnats though and was concerned that this might be the root of my drooping problem to begin with. I've only seen 2-3 though.

Latest posts

Back