First time grow, long time lurker; first time poster. Drooping leaves help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fungas gnats are there because of too much water. Put some sand on top of the soil if you want. I don't know how much, but you can look it up.

Good idea to wait to get what you really need. It will be less heartbreaking when things don't turn out like you thought they would. Peace and mojo to you and your grow.

Rainbow_Trout said:
I'm technically not supposed to make any alterations to my apartment; I've lived here for going on two years and never once have seen the land-lord or had a call though.

Also the plant I was growing looks a lot better, I'm thinking of attempting to finish this one up with CFL's I already have (I have more just have to get them ready) and waiting until I can truly afford a good setup before starting again. I've seen a few fungus gnats though and was concerned that this might be the root of my drooping problem to begin with. I've only seen 2-3 though.

I would really like to encourage you to try and get more/better light. It takes 4 months or more to take a plant through harvest. It is sad to put that much time and effort into something and not get anything out of it. However, if you do not have the money, you do not have the money.

Also, the fan that you linked would not have worked. Those type of fans are booster fans, meant to work in conjunction with larger fans on long duct runs. They are not good as stand alone fans. I think you will find mylar a PITA. I pretty much just paint everything flat white (it need to be flat not gloss, semi-gloss or satin) now as it reflects almost as well and painted walls are cheap and easy to clean.

Have you read up on what you need to do to flower a plant? Do you know how to sex a plant? Are you aware that you are going to need absolute 100% dark during the dark period when you start flowering? Anything that you would construct would have to be 100% dark (and we really mean 100%). That, of course, applies to your closet space, too. If there are light leaks around the door, fix that. I would make some kind of reflective panel that I could hang from the ceiling or something like that to make your space as small as possible without crowding your plant. Right now you have enough light for a space about 18" x 18".

I've read up and I know how to LST and trim and the likes I'm just not big on lighting and all :( and I know how to sex a plant and I have a female in bloom just not enough light apparently.

if ya use sand...be sure cook it in oven to kill all unwanted contaminents. and an inch is good....I use DE..sprinkle a spoon full on top soil and stir in..than water/feed from the bottom for a week or so...

I let my plant dry out, I haven't watered it in about a week. The plant looks 100% better. Was just wondering when I should water it again; it still feels a bit moist. I also added 4 more CFL's and I am coming up with a way to add more.

how heavy is it? can ya get us a new photo?..I would let it dry dry dry..

Latest posts

Back