first time grow (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnizzy

Reaction score
this is my first time grow, using some expert potting mix **** for soil, 2 floros for light, 1 internal fan circulating air, and i put 2 drops of superthrive for every 24oz's of H2O. right now they have been on a 24hr light cycle

the big one is about 3 weeks old. is this the right size for its age? i got the seed from a bag of some schwag =[. is this more of a indica dominant plant? big enough to cut a clone from? i want to know if this is a male or female.

the smaller two are about a week old and they are some nirvana ak48 seeds i got my hands on.

let me kno if u got any suggestions for me.

setup.JPG

ak48_week2_1.JPG

ak48_week2_2.JPG

bagseed_week3_1.JPG

bagseed_week3_4.JPG

Hey welcome to the forum.
Lets see:
1. That 2' wal-mart grow light isn't gonna do much. You need a lot more florous. If you look down the same isle that you got that light. They have 42W daylight compact spiral floros that can screw into a regular socket. Get one of those bathroom 4 light bulb light fixture (in or near the same isle). Your gonna have to wire a plug to it, but you'll find help on here with that. ;) That'll help. Thats the reason the plants seem a little small. Not enough light.
2.Expert ferts is pretty strong stuff. but not really good for MJ. if your gonna use it use less than manuf. like 1/2 strength.
3. Careful with that superthrive. Easy to over do. I only apply after transplants or after some stress. 1/4 tsp. per gallon.
4. Aluminum foil isn't great. White poster board (which can be gotten at wal-mart) would have better reflectivity. ;)
5. Its not big enough to take a clone yet. but go ahead and pick up some schultz take root or Rootone rooting powder at wal-mart. about 5 bucks. After you get more light on them, you'll notice a decent change in node numbers. wait until week 4-5 to take a cutting. Hick has a how to on the home page. www.marijuanapassion.com

See there except the seed everything you need to a grow a little bit of homegrown can be gotten at wal-mart.:D They just need to start selling HID's and good ferts. :p

thnx man thats a shitload of info i wasn't expecting. you think if i bought that 4 set of the spiral bulbs i could just fix it to the wall at the top of my grow room or would i need to make adjustments as the plants grew? arent these spiral bulbs called CFL's or something?

the soil i bought just came in a big bag (from walmart of course). it seems to be working alright so far, but i'm not mixing anything else in with the soil besides the superthrive in the water. i would have spraypainted the walls white but since i am renting i cant afford to paint over that. how much are mylar sheets?

thnx

I am using plant fluro, and Ive put my lights on the side, they are growing nicely, 3rd week into flowering, no lights on the top... the plants will grow towards your light source, I wanted my busy and fat, of course there is other ways of doing it too, like Low stress training and toping the root to stun it growth... I wanted to try this way and next I will try the other way etc etc, decide whats better, I guess keeping a journal is a good idea, I didn't think of it at the time, but now I wish I did...

24-09-06_2049.jpg

lilnizzy said:
arent these spiral bulbs called CFL's or something?
how much are mylar sheets?
thnx

They are CFLs... but are not at the same time.. ppl are talking about the $150 CFL when they say that usually... they put out a lot more lumens. Mylar has a huge range on price. Depending how thick u want it. A roll, in canada of 4mil is around $50.

Latest posts

Back