First time grower ! Any tips and advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostGrow

Reaction score
This is my first attempt of growing some cannabis in my indoor spare bedroom. I have some clones from green solution and mixed them with fox farms ocean soil. I have a 600 wakyme led over 6 plants which 3 of them seem to be wilting . I have no idea if the plastic bag/water bottle is helping at all . I also read that ffos doesn't have sufficient nutrients for the entire grow so I purchased some GH flora series (mistake ?) . I like to keep my ph between 6.0 and 6.5 .
20210701_214350.jpg
Grow .jpg
grow.jpg

Last edited:
You may have a problem using straight foxfarm ocean forrest FFOF on babies and clones.. it's what we call a hot soil..
meaning, to much food for small plants and tends to burn the roots.. if using water bottles, poke a hole in the bottom, now the top so you have a weep hole and excess humidity release breather kinda thing...

Keep light up very high for now until you see new growth.. NO FOOD.. soil is loaded.. don't over water, spritz the
inside of the water bottles, not the plants... luck

Problem going to come down to how old the bag of Soil was before he used it on how hot its going to be. Fingers crossed.

With indica plants, I use Ocean Forest for sprouts, everything with no issues.

I did find their other soil a little hot on indica sprouts, but they survived it. As others say, may depend on age of bag and possibly the mix? My store runs out of OF regularly, so it's likely fresh, but once in a while I will get it on line, who knows then.

Bubba

I chose vermiculite and my seedlings to now are thriving. I am curious as to why perlite is favored.

So glad I can grow outside in pots. These seedlings look unhealthy. I encourage you to turn it around by reading. It would help if the OP provides non-purple pics.

Yeah i wanted to start them all off in cups until proper root growth but my mom grew weed back in the day and recommended i just go straight to the pot . Another mistake corrected for the future. I just received my big bag of organic perlite today as well .

You may have a problem using straight foxfarm ocean forrest FFOF on babies and clones.. it's what we call a hot soil..
meaning, to much food for small plants and tends to burn the roots.. if using water bottles, poke a hole in the bottom, now the top so you have a weep hole and excess humidity release breather kinda thing...

Keep light up very high for now until you see new growth.. NO FOOD.. soil is loaded.. don't over water, spritz the
inside of the water bottles, not the plants... luck

Yeah i wanted to start them all off in cups until proper root growth but my mom grew weed back in the day and recommended i just go straight to the pot . Another mistake corrected for the future. I just received my big bag of organic perlite today as well .

With indica plants, I use Ocean Forest for sprouts, everything with no issues.

I did find their other soil a little hot on indica sprouts, but they survived it. As others say, may depend on age of bag and possibly the mix? My store runs out of OF regularly, so it's likely fresh, but once in a while I will get it on line, who knows then.

Bubba

Last edited:
I chose vermiculite and my seedlings to now are thriving. I am curious as to why perlite is favored.

The problem with vermiculite is it clogs up w water and doesn’t drain well.

Yes perlite and vermiculite. But do not “ mix soil” up and ONLY add vermiculite.

DONT FORGET THE PERLITE

add some mushroom compost if you can on mop of regular “ black gold” compost.

You gotta add SOMETHING!

Key is drainage!

You can ALWAYS add nutrients, you can’t add drainage!!!!!!

So glad I can grow outside in pots. These seedlings look unhealthy. I encourage you to turn it around by reading. It would help if the OP provides non-purple pics.
Perlite is favored because like I said- you can always feed- but once soil is mixed and the plant is growing you can’t add drainage....

ok so i have the perlite coming in today . Am i too late to add it or can i top it ?

Latest posts

Back