First time grower Easy Ryder using stock Aerogarden Extra with Floraduo nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For my first attempt I'm less concerned will yield than I am with modifying the growing environment as I go to suite my needs and my limited availability, as well as those of the plant.

I did also purchase some additional CFL bulbs to use as side lighting and some Floraduo liquid nutrients which I will use at 1/4 strength.

I do not have a grow box or tent just yet, and since the Easy Ryder is an autoflowering plant it seems the reason for box is not to provide total darkness during flowering, but to provide an element of stealth. Where I live the use and possession of small personal amounts of marijuana are akin to jaywalking as far as the authorities are concerned so unless there is a physical reason related to the health of the plant I will forgo the grow tent on the first grow.

I am not a heavy user by any means as I smoke one bowl in the evening after work the way other people enjoy a glass of wine. So if this ultra simple setup can produce close to a 1/2 ounce every 8-10 weeks I will be thrilled. If it turns out I need better equipment for my next grow I will purchase those pieces as the need arises.

Picture updates will come every few days!

I posted in your other thread. I really do not think that an aerogarden is going to work at all, even for autos. It is just not the right anything (sizer, light, environment) for mj. You might want to do a little more reading on what minimum requirements you are going to need to finish a plant. Even when you are only looking for a small yield, there are certain things your plant is going to need that the aerogarden just doesn't accommodate. I know of no plant that is ready in 8 weeks. Take all breeder's estimates with a grain of salt--most strains take a week or more longer.

Here we are 7 days after planting on may 14. Seedling popped up about 2 days after planting.

Easy Ryder day 7 (2).jpg

mine were ready in 75-85 days, i would get a box of some sort as its more for using as much available light as possible and with autos you need that as you cant just veg for a bit longer. it will make a difference in the end result.

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
mine were ready in 75-85 days, i would get a box of some sort as its more for using as much available light as possible and with autos you need that as you cant just veg for a bit longer. it will make a difference in the end result.

Thank you, I have an old filing cabinet that I am modifying to use as a grow box. It's not currently in a box, but it is surrounded by mylar and has three 42 watt cfl's as side light and the 3 lamps in the Aerogarden hood.

I have included a photo of how she looks at day 9 from seed.

Easy Ryder Day 9.JPG

Latest posts

Back