First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its great.. everything i physically touch i break, everything i try that is new i need to make ridiculous mistakes, in order to actually learn the lesson. Its not the easiest way but for the viewing audience it should be enjoyable

Yup, it's the hard way. I learn lots of things that way. Lot's do, there's even an expression eh? But I hardly think you're the anti-Midas :)
I wasn't laughing at you, just the predicament, been there, done that.

Well I am laughing at my self, i had a nice plant going in MG and i got a led and didnt look at any instructions just plopped it 5 inches away and burnt her to a crips... literally at 16 inches. I have thick skin and if someone can learn from my lesson then that is great

just did a nute change and first cycle just finished, I accidentally used late growth formula, hazards of mixing HAF :smoke1: but on a good note i used the formula for 10 gallons but have 17 gallons of water so i think i will be fine, ph is around 5.5 and ppm is 900

Well I am laughing at my self, i had a nice plant going in MG and i got a led and didnt look at any instructions just plopped it 5 inches away and burnt her to a crips... literally at 16 inches. I have thick skin and if someone can learn from my lesson then that is great

Dammit, Gooch, ya gotta read the label hahaha, but sorry about the plant.
Don't get sucked in to thinking that you'll hit on some magical combination of things that gets you superior results. You'll have to literally not give a **** or you won't enjoy this.
They like helping around here, post your woes!

Well i wouldnt say i dont give a ****, i morned for 2 full days when i killed her, but **** happens sometimes when you are trying new things, and i am willing to live with the consequences. I am not really looking for a magical combination, more im trying to learn how each interaction produces or doesnt produce results. Then next grow I will change something and see what happens then the next something else etc..
I may have killed the new seedling also, im hoping not we will see if i see new growth. I put it too deep into the STG and the head was trying to find it way out and did not find the hole. Fingers crossed, or ill just start another :confused2:

on a good note I am at 100% germination

I just FIMMED the bigger of the 2, so in the next set of pics you should notice that change

I would leave CO2 enhancement until you get some experience under your belt. Trust me, there is far more to it than simply throwing a CO2 bag in there. While CO2 can enhance yield, it must be controlled and regulated and there are other factors that must be met. Those bags are a waste of time, effort and money. Concentrate on the environment in your space and learning to grow. If down the road you can get everything you need, you can make your space air tight, you can coordinate your CO2 and exhaust, you have enhanced lumens and your space is dialed in well....then add CO2, but do it right.

Don't you have ventilation running?

I do not have ventilation running atm because my temps are fine, i have air being pulled in and open ports on the tent to exhaust naturally. But i do have ventilation for when i flip the MH on. Then the heat will start to increase, and i will need venting.
current tent conditions 22c, 70%
Also the bag of co2 was very inexpensive like 20 dollars and it last for 6 months, so it isnt a huge investment or wasting alot of money, and my expectations are not high. But any additional help i can provide i am apt to do

I do not have ventilation running atm because my temps are fine, i have air being pulled in and open ports on the tent to exhaust naturally. But i do have ventilation for when i flip the MH on. Then the heat will start to increase, and i will need venting.
current tent conditions 22c, 70%
Also the bag of co2 was very inexpensive like 20 dollars and it last for 6 months, so it isnt a huge investment or wasting alot of money, and my expectations are not high. But any additional help i can provide i am apt to do

IMO, this is not really a good thing to do when getting started. You are far better off to learn the basics and then start getting fancy after you have some experience. You need to learn what works and what doesn't. Otherwise you will be buying into every bogus product out there that is supposed to increase yield. And the CO2 bags are one of those bogus products that are not worth the trip to the store, let alone the $20 you spent.

How much CO2 does the bag put out? If you do not know, I would recommend getting an exhaust system set up right away. A good exhaust system will give you about 300 ppms. I can pretty much guarantee you that the CO2 bag is not capable of anywhere near that.

CO2 is not one of those things that a little more helps. Unless you can get the levels to 1200-1500 ppm, maintain them, coordinate ventilation, and have enhanced lumens it is totally a waste.

Well it last 6 months so i wont be getting another if i dont like the results. I am working on getting a reading in the tent for what it is producing. I believe mine is alleged to produce 700ppm its the small one, there was a larger one that does over 1000ppm. Regardless i have it already and its in there, we will see what happens

Well it last 6 months so i wont be getting another if i dont like the results.
--snipped--

How will you know? Maybe that spectacular yield wasn't the co2. Maybe it was the the nutes you used or a sweet spot in the room, flawless pH, perfect feeding, ideal temperatures, something in your water, or a full moon?

Well it last 6 months so i wont be getting another if i dont like the results. I am working on getting a reading in the tent for what it is producing. I believe mine is alleged to produce 700ppm its the small one, there was a larger one that does over 1000ppm. Regardless i have it already and its in there, we will see what happens

I do not know what this bag is made of, but there is no way that something that cost $20 is going to produce CO2 levels of 700 for 6 months. And the PPMs are dependent on the room size, so unless they mention a specific sq footage, there is no way at all they can tell you what your ppms are. I hate these a-holes who blatantly lie to make a sale. It would be totally cool if you could just pop down to the hydro store and buy something for less than $50 that would provide a constant 1000 ppm for 6 months.....but....like you said, you already have it so you of course are going to use it. I really want to just discourage from buying another.

So how are you going to coordinate this with ventilation when you get where you need ventilation for heat relief? You have to be close to getting them under the MH aren't you?

I agree with sopappy--you really won't be able to tell if it helped. Most do not grow with CO2 enhancement and still have magnificent yields. You just kind of need to take the word of experienced growers that CO2 enhancement requires a tank or generator, a regulator, and a monitor, air tight grow space, coordinated ventilation, enhanced lumens, etc.

It does specify a room size I got the 4x4 room size and mine tent is 3x3 , there is a 10x10 one also. I had not considered the exhausting when i turned on the mh light, and how to control the loss, I guess i will put the fan on a timer that keeps the tent a specific temp, or i can exhaust out the top rather then the bottom, and then it wont affect the co2 as it will still fall onto the plants before being exhausted maybe.
I will eventually have a proper system to regulate the co2 correctly, I am currently not sold on the bag, although i have had significant growth i believe it has to due with nutes and ph more then co2 although i think it is definitely helping
I agree with sopappy also, there is never a way to know, unless i did a separate tent with nothing and see which tent did better. I still want a co2 meter to see what this is doing if anything. I may just use my house co2 detector see what it says the ppm is

I think i am going to change from once every 6 hours or 4 times a day, to once every 4 hours or 6 times a day, I am hoping it will increase growth.

I think i am going to change from once every 6 hours or 4 times a day, to once every 4 hours or 6 times a day, I am hoping it will increase growth.

Are you talking about top watering here? wow, I thought I was a detail freak :), let me know how it goes.
Broken pellets hold water, the solid ones, not so much but they still SEEM damp up to 12 hours later (to me)
:48:

Here are some pictures post fimming
The first picture is one day after fimming/topping full view. The second pic is going to be my mother i believe, and the 3rd pic is a closeup of the surgical area, showing new growth

wow, I thought those plants were going to stumble but they look good, nice thick stalk.

Latest posts

Back