First time grower. Using seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooch

Reaction score
Hello all I am on my first grow, I am using feminized crown royal. It has been 5 weeks since seedling popped so closer to 3 weeks actual growth. I am using CFL's, inside a grow tent and i just put in a 600w HPS in preparation for flipping to 12/12. I think I am going to wait for 1 or 2 more weeks flowering before I flip her, she is currently about 14 inches.

I am trying to post pics that i have uploaded to my website but it is not letting me show it?

Try one at a time . And try uploading direct from file rather than a host site .

hey gooch, put the reflectors back on your lights and move them closer to your plants bro. i saw it on the other site. like i posted there i swear it will make it better.

Welcome to MP. We have many experienced growers here who can help you on your way.

I think that I would wait a bit to flower. It appears that you only have the one plant? If so, I would fim and let her get to some size before flipping her. I think it would also be wise to repot her into something larger. What soil did you use? And what are you feeding her?

I have deleted the duplicate pics that were posted--no reason to take up space on the same post with the same pics.

Gig I never used a reflector for my cfl's because my tent is mylar, I als have a 600w hps that has a reflector. I will lower the cfl's
Goddess, there were no duplicate they were pictures from week one till last weekend. but no dupes. I did try and post them by using the photo link then someone pointed me to the attach button, but now none of my pics are here, although i did try to put them in the journal page but that did not work either

Do you think it matters if i spray the leaves with water or not? I havnt been spraying them with water I only water when the dirt gets dry, Unfortunately i am using MG soil which i wont again, it was just an experiment to see what it will take to make it work. everything else is about to go hydro

I try to never get water on my leaves. Happened a few times by accident and I think the light burned the leaves where water droplets sat. Not sure though. Just my experience

same here i try not to get the leaves. gooch even with the mylar your loosing light, because what is being bounced back has lost most of everything the plant needs. i have also found i like flat white walls over the mylar as well. are you running both cfl and hps? if you are i would save some power by pulling the cfl's out and let the hps do the job.

Well i just added the HPS, and if im going to let her grow more ill probably switch to MH this weekend. Although i was hoping to flip her to 12/12 and start hydro in another tent under the MH, maybe ill grab an extra mh bulb

any advice for going with hydro over soil? i want to grow the most potent medicines i can with as little hassle as possible.

You'll have to look around for thr hydro folks. There are some here. Keef over in the coffee table section is running areo. He is in the old farts thread. You can veg under the hps and as long as you handle the heat you should be good.

Latest posts

Back