first time grower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caligrown95

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a autoflower I believe its about 9' tall it seems to be growing branches and starting to really stink, like the forum says I'm a first time grower all I did is throw the seed in the pot and threw 2 4ft CFLs over it and its growing amazing ! I used natural soil, anyways my main question is what in the hell is the best light schedule because its on a 24hr light only time its been turned off is when I turned it off for 24hours to make it show its sex...I feel as if I'm gonna burn it with the light always on...

View attachment 1403552742244.jpg

View attachment 1403552822604.jpg

View attachment 1403552788861.jpg

LMAO... I was reading your post (before I looked at the picture) and it said you had a 9 foot tall auto-flower.

Wow, had me going for a second. LMOA

Many, if not most, people run 24 hours during veg. You're OK

Alright cool thanks! (If only it was 9ft tall
) lol and the last 3 days my leaves are starting to change

People keep telling me its a waste to grow an autoflower,but the way the plant looks and smells I'm praying for some good buds..it seems to be indica hybrid because now the leaves are growing the extra 2 leaves on it. Any tips on how to get the best yeild and taste from where I'm at ? Early last week my dad put some pellet things with nitrogen and pottasium and phosphorus all that good stuff and wow did this thing take off.. It grew like 4' in the last 7 days

Your plant is way too small to sex. Also putting autos in the dark will do nothing to help you determine sex--that is photoperiod plants.

The number of leaves does not designate whether it is an indica or sativa dominant plant. The shapes of the leaves and the shape of the plant are determiners. Indica dominant plants grow short and squat with fatter leaves. Sativa dominant strains grow more lie a willow tree and the leaves are longer and skinnier.

Do not use pellet things you put into the soil. Do not just give fertilizers without knowing what is in them. The organic fertilizer for example, you said had all the nutrients you need, but since cannabis has different nutrient needs at different stages in its life, one fertilizer cannot contain what the plant needs for every stage of its life. So, when we ask what is in the fertilizer that you use, we are looking for the N-P-K numbers. In addition, you cannot mix organic and chemical fertilizers. The chemical fertilizers kill the microbes in the soil.

Growing tall is not necessarily good. What you want is close intermodal spacing--the space between the branches. This makes for more bud spots. It is not that autos do not produce bud, they do, just not as much and not as good as photoperiod plants.

You are going to need a lot more and better light to get the most of these. As a side note, CFLs are those curly bulbs that go into a regular socket. It sounds like you are probably using a T8 or a T12 tubes. I would get the light as close as possible without burning the plant.

You might want to do some more reading up ion the nutrients the plant needs. You can cause problems for your plant just giving it any old fertilizer you have sitting around. Cannabis has very specific wants and needs and the more YOU know about what those wants and needs are, the better yield you will have.

The plant is showing its sex very very clearly its a female,and I haven't mixed any chemical with organic (thankfully) I've only used all natural stuff ive read everything about what I put in there so far and it all seems to be good for it. The plant a few weeks ago wasn't looking to healthy than it just took off after the fertilizer... And yes there not cfl I don't know what I was thinking lol there t12s and about the leaves yes that's what I meant about determining it... I'll post some more oics now to show you where its at

Latest posts

Back