First Time grower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinroy30

Reaction score
Hey guys Dustin here. This is my first grow. I am starting with a 2*4 tent, mars hydro 250, auto flowering seeds (2 Chemdog 2 Zkittles) using general Hydro fora trio, Calimagic (General Hydro), have a carbon scrubber and fans. My lung room is just the spare room in my house. I am wondering if anyone has any advice maybe they worked with a Mars Hydro sp 250 before. I am just kinda worried that I will ruin this. I know that it is very easy /oo, I am using COCO COIR and Pearlite 70/30 mix. Thank you for taking the time to read the ramblings here.

Welcome. I'm pretty new but there are some experts here that will chime in soon. You came to the right place.

Dustin - Welcome to MP !-- Jumping right into water farming on your 1st grow is bold !-- U got everything U need but I would suggest using Fox Farm Ocean Forest dirt on your 1st grow !- It will make it easier !- Then U can move on to water and some feminized photo period plants if U wish !-- I'm a cloner --root sprayer and work with mostly indicas -- Good luck on your grow !- There are some who grow autos that can steer U better than me!

One thing that I've read is that the amounts of plant fertilizer/ nutritions is high of you follow directions on the bottles. I burned my first seeds by having too strong a mix. They recovered but it put them back a little while. With auto plants, you want to prevent set backs. Dilute it by half of more. Let your water sit out a day before using it if you are using treated water. It lets the chlorine off gas, or evaporate out in air.

Welcome to MP. Make sure you have a good PH meter as well as a PPM meter. I am a dirt farmer so I can't help with Hydro. Green Mojo.

I use sp 250s. Let us know if you have questions

KEEF. Thanks man for the tips. I usually do that (jump in the deep end) I went with coco as i have learned about it and it seems actually easier. I was told that I should do a bit of coco then go to the dirt. I Love how you clone my brother. I have a ton of questtions when i get there on my next grow. Have a killer week KEEF and all of you brothers and sisters on here

Daxtell you bring up a huge point. I am using a quarter right of the "reccomended" amount. I only have one plant that has came up from the four i planted. I never used any for the first week. I also planted two in coco and two in soil. I did a whole bunch of thingst that people told me. I really like the coco. Easier for me.

Dustin when U start seed use a seed starting mix the plant needs no food for awhile !- It comes with it's built in nutrition- The seed starting mixes have no real nutes in them - it encourages the roots to grow faster !-- Then U can put them in a grow medium that has some nutes !- With Coco coir you'll be feeding with a dilute nute solution !- U may need a little cal/mag - My plants never know dirt !- I start them in some biofoam cubes - Then when they tall enough to fit thru one my aero collars they get an aero basket and collar and go into a grower box !-- I'll take them to bloom when I can pinch the top out and they still 6-8 tall !-- I pinch out the top grow point to encourage branching - I give them a week or so to recover then off to 12/12 bloom to be sexed !-- The girls show themselves I can take bottom limbs as clones and I got the girl locked in !- Sometimes I let the little things finish while I'm making clones to run a mess of it !--

Welcome! These plants we love to grow can be finicky but as I've learned they can be very resilient. You will get some great advice here

Latest posts

Back