First time growing alone, need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellenNiall

Reaction score
Alright, I have helped grow before, but never taken it on myself and usually with a more experienced partner. Now, I have a few questions, if someone could help me out, i'll be most happy.

First off, i'm ordering seeds from online vendor so I can get the most out of my troubles. I don't know if I can post a link, but I plan on getting White Widow seeds along with Ice2003 seeds, which I have been told is amazing. Now then, i'll be doing this in a closet, with white painted walls, and probally a 500 watt bulb, is that too much?

Next, I will be recieving the seeds on Monday and will start the process that day. Between then and now, the time for flowering is 6-8 weeks. Now then, being with a partner, who grew at his house, I didn't have to do that much work during this wait. How much attention am I going to need to give them during that time?

Lastly, about 2-3 weeks into the flowering process, I am going to be going home for X-mas break, I'll be gone for about 2 weeks. Is this too long to leave the plant alone if I have the light on a timer?

I know it's a few questions, I just want to make sure I get it right the first time around, or at least close so I can get something out of it. Thank you very much for reading, I hope to hear from some of you soon.

first off; forget yer xmas vacation or forget the grow. you cant leave a grow unattended for 2 weeks, let alone 1 week. you need 3 weeks for seed time. 2 -3 weeks veg and 6 - 9 weeks flower. HID light come in 400w, 600w and 1000w. maybe 2 - 250w, i dont use this size. if all goes well, you could take a crop off by xmas. w/w and ice are 8 week flower . lights are no problem - its water. good luck, check the grow journals.

indeed, unless you can find a "sitter" for your babies, someone you have the utmost trust in, forget your vacation or your grow, like astra said. There are many reasons why you cannot leave them unnattended such as the need water/nutes, the need trimming at times, if males pop up, that would not be good. You would end up with seedy bud. Find a time that you can devote yourself to your grow. It becomes real fun and you won't see it as an obligation.

yeah i agree with them. and if this is your first time growing... u prolly wont even make it to the budding stage. id save those beastley seeds for when u feel comfortable!

how big is your closet??? how many plants are you planning to grow there? 2x 250 lights seems a bit hot unless the closet is big, my closets are small too affraid id burn the house down... Might wanna check with some of the pro's on this one, might need really good ventilation and air flow maybe... but im not sure...In my spare bedroom closet, I can put maybe 2-3 grown plants maximum...

I agree with everyone else... can't be left... unless u can gear up a water pump on a timer, that is... but there is plenty of time to get a full grow in b4 christmas... better start soon though!

Latest posts

Back