First time indoor grower, critic my setup!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveoi812

Reaction score
Hello you guys :) Like the name of the thread implies, I am new to indoor gardening, but I have grown outside for years now. I used to lurk over at overgrow and I read a lot of things about indoor gardening. I am a little bit nervous about getting into my venture but I'm sure all will be well. I have a spare bedroom that I will be growing in. There is carpet on the floor. I plant on sectioning off an area and laying down some 6 mil plastic.
For my lighting I already have a 400 watt mh, and I have a 1000 watt hps. They both have hydro farm hoods and the 400 watt is a hydro farm ballast, For right now I am only concerned about getting some clones on the ground under the 1000 watt hummer.
I am plannin on using using a soilless mix for my soil. Maybe coco coir and a perlite mixture. You guys see any problems using that mix? Or I was thinking of possibly getting that foxfarm ocean mix, any feedback on that would be great. For my nutes I was thinking of using all foxfarm products as I have had good results with it outdoors. Will this line of nutes provide my plants with everything they need?
I need a conversion bulb for my hps so I can veg under it, what are your favorite conversion bulbs? What do you guys recommend?
Ventilation will provided but how important will it be with a 1000 watt light in a 16x16 bedroom with 9 foot ceilings? I am going to have fans blowing on the plants almost constantly 2.
Thanks for reading my post you guys and any suggestions would be great...:):):)

You should be fine ventilation wise I would guess... as long as you have the door cracked open or window or something like that... the hot air needs to get out.

Everything sounds great man. You can get a conversion bulb on ebay for either light at a good price.

Sounds like you've done some homework. I use a 1,000w HPS in a spare room myself. I've been procastinating over getting a good MH conversion bulb for veg, also. I use the Fox Farm with Pure Blend nutes along with guanos (all organic). Get you a big fan and somewhere for the air to go (I can leave the door open) and you should be good to go. Don't forget to use a grounded timer. I like the 20 amp heavy duty ones, myself.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot you guys!! I am so freaking excited. I have the room up and running. Now I just need to get some quality clones or good seeds and we'll be a rockin...:)

Latest posts

Back