First Time (set-up) and questions Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHP21333

Reaction score
OK this is my first time growing so Im not really sure what im doing.....

Right now for the veg. growing its all set up in my room by the window....

I have a 8 inch round tree pot (1 foot deep). For the light i use a 20 watt bulb with 1200 lumens and the light hangs from about 5-6 inches above the pot, and is ran 24/7. For the soil i just used Top soil. Now my plants are about 3inchs tall and only have the 4 leaf things on top. I also have one big fan blowing the air around in the room, and another small fan blowing to the plants so they build stronger stems

So im confsued about how much longer do i keep them in Veg. and how do i tell if they are male or female. Also about how long does it take before the plant will start growing bud. The last question i have is, is there any way to make my bud stronger, or like change color or somthing

Thanks for any help

That's a lot of questions, you are surely going to be refered to the grow guide so I'll just give ya the link.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Growing-Marijuana.html

You'll find many answers here.
I will tell you that the bulb you are using is going to get you nowhere fast. Vegging time involves a lot of personal discretion. It depends on how big you want to get them, how tall you can have them and so on. I veg for about a month but I have plenty of room. Some people go for about a foot and switch them.
Potency has a lot to do with strain quality and so forth so besides for growing the healthiest, happiest plant you can, the potency is going to be what it is. As far as flavor or color changing people try to do all kinds of things to change flavor but I haven't seen anything work. Some recommend molasses for the last few weeks.
The only color change I have seen is turning them purple by getting them cold and stressing them a bit, it doesn't really change anything else.

I'll have to second Biffdoggie's statement.
first def. not enough light. and I hope thats a compact florou and not an incadescent.
second. at the top of this section is "Marijuana Sex Ed". well the name says it all. ;)
veg. min. 4 weeks. Alternating nodes is what your looking for. Thats in the sex. ed. thread as well. (I think) if not its in a sticky at the top as well.
I woulnd't monkey with anything like mollasses and stuff until you get a grow or two on you. just do the basics your first go around. Get experience then worry about the rest.

but read read read those grow guides. We have a good one. or just google "Free Marijuana Grow Guide" and you'll have several thousand to choose from.

Here is my advice. You got Limewire or you can go to the back of high times? You can get alot of info from ''I grow chronic'' Green Guy This is not the only way to do things but it will help alot. And just go from there type in marijuana on limewire and you will have a feild day!!!!

roccodt said:
Here is my advice. You got Limewire or you can go to the back of high times? You can get alot of info from ''I grow chronic'' Green Guy This is not the only way to do things but it will help alot. And just go from there type in marijuana on limewire and you will have a feild day!!!!

It is also at Cannabis-cultures POT-TV online. Once there search. Mr. Green "I Grow Chronic" it will pop up and play on your real-player.

Thanks for all the help

and ill put pics up as soon as i take some.

See you all around

Latest posts

Back