First timer here, hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a plant get so top-heavy that fell over last night so I had to tie it up. I'm currently in the 8th week of Bloom so as of today I just started using Straight water no nutes. I believe it's time to start flushing the ladies out. I can't get a picture right now because the lights are off but some of the pistols are starting to curl and turn brown in with my Jeweler's loupe I can see that a few of the trichomes are starting to become cloudy. I trimmed off the bottoms the other day to try to focus energy on the top and kept some of the little popcorn buds. They have been drying for a few days but they smell really earthy and planty. I don't know if this is just because they are popcorn buds or if I will have to let these age for a little but I plan on trying them regardless.😉

Daughter of Jezebel ...!
10084df67cc9c109d565dfbca4403e2e.gif

@choxie you still around? I remember you commenting on these in the beginning and I was wondering if there's any comments you had I can maybe make some improvements being you grow and Miracle girls also.

Early followers where you at! I appreciate all input and please be as critical as you can. They're getting close but I know there's room for improvement so please nobody hold back.

I had a plant get so top-heavy that fell over last night so I had to tie it up. I'm currently in the 8th week of Bloom so as of today I just started using Straight water no nutes. I believe it's time to start flushing the ladies out. I can't get a picture right now because the lights are off but some of the pistols are starting to curl and turn brown in with my Jeweler's loupe I can see that a few of the trichomes are starting to become cloudy. I trimmed off the bottoms the other day to try to focus energy on the top and kept some of the little popcorn buds. They have been drying for a few days but they smell really earthy and planty. I don't know if this is just because they are popcorn buds or if I will have to let these age for a little but I plan on trying them regardless.😉
It will take a while to start to smell like something other than grassy/earthy. Once they are dry and you are curing, the fragrance will get nice.

Week 2 flowering. The ladies are starting to develop nicely. I don't see any real issues except for a couple brown spots that I am waiting on calmag to be delivered to correct this issue. Couple bottom leaves starting to Yellow but these were some of the first leaves on the plant so I'm sure they are just old and the plant may shed them naturally. They are thirsty ladies and I'm hoping this is a good indicator of potential yield because from what I was reading online cannabis can take up to a gallon of water per day per expected pound of yield. Now I do not expect to get anywhere near a pound of a plant on my first grow however they are using roughly 3/4 gallon of water per day per plant. Bud sites are starting to stack up nicely, even starting to get a couple of the leaves right next to the bud site developing what looks to be white little crystals on them. I'm really looking forward to smoking some of this, as of 2 days ago I'm out of Bud and I refuse to pay the prices they charge for bud. This one plant is absolutely insane, it uses the most water and has eight or nine Tops on it. It's hard for me to decide if I like that one better or the one with just four tops as it is so symmetrical. I was just thinking to myself yesterday at these plants are such nice plants, even if they weren't cannabis they just grow so nicely and would make a nice addition to any Landscaping.

Looking really yummy MechaniMan you're doing great. Have fun.

@choxie you still around? I remember you commenting on these in the beginning and I was wondering if there's any comments you had I can maybe make some improvements being you grow and Miracle girls also.

Early followers where you at! I appreciate all input and please be as critical as you can. They're getting close but I know there's room for improvement so please nobody hold back.

Yup still around!!!!

Got some humbolt sour apple lemon something and a critical Kush auto in the tent.
I'm trying to make concentrates as the ash from the blunts is making a mess so I'm trying to find a good refillable vape pen.

Btw I fell in love with grow dots. It's time released fertilizer and I don't need to use any cal mag or anything else!! I just pH the water and throw it in!!!! I'd definitely check it out. I'm sure I'd get a bit more yield doing all the mixing of my other 6 part fertilizers but I realized I can't even smoke the previous stuff in time so I'd rather just make it easier.

Yup still around!!!!

Got some humbolt sour apple lemon something and a critical Kush auto in the tent.
I'm trying to make concentrates as the ash from the blunts is making a mess so I'm trying to find a good refillable vape pen.

Btw I fell in love with grow dots. It's time released fertilizer and I don't need to use any cal mag or anything else!! I just pH the water and throw it in!!!! I'd definitely check it out. I'm sure I'd get a bit more yield doing all the mixing of my other 6 part fertilizers but I realized I can't even smoke the previous stuff in time so I'd rather just make it easier.
Them grow dots are pricey little bastards but I will have to try them sometime and see how they work. I really like the idea of not having the monitor cal-mag. I plan on using beneficial microbes on my next batch of soil I'm sure it will improve things. Thank you for the information, I have so many screenshots off of this forum that I might need a bigger SD card 🤣.

So when you think about it your plants don't care what feeds them the base nutrients. The benefit of organic matter is that it's time released so it's less likely to cause nutrient burn, so a time released synthetic nutrient emulates this process. So for 24 oz which feeds 12 feedings for their life cycle for $50 it's cheaper than most feedings or at least close to it.

I value my time and it's worth a lot more than me fiddling with all the fertilizer schedules and the errors that may accompany them. Ymmv but consider ease and simplicity a factor into cost.

So in Los Angeles I pay $90 (including tax) for supposed top shelf stuff for which mine is way better.

Yup still around!!!!

interested in how you make concentrates that you can use in a vape pen. Is there a recipe? I make a tincture using alcohol that’s nice but would like to read on this…

You basically do a very coarse grind or chop then put it into a mixture of vp and pg for 2-3 months then strain it very well and just use that in your refillable vape.
Lol I still use my vape pen (purchased disposable) even though I have so many jars full. But I mainly am going to do this so I can taste the terps more.

Ideally you want to adjust the ratio of vp to pg depending on how thick you want the concentrate but 40/60 50/50 or 60/40 is pretty common. I'm just gonna do 50/50 and put just enough to submerge my pile of coarsely chopping flower. Then I have to find a very good filter bag. I'll post some pictures in a few months.

I often wondered how it could be done. I toyed with the idea of taking a strong tincture and mixing it with the vape juice and then either letting the alcohol evaporate naturally or boiling it off at low temp.

You basically do a very coarse grind or chop then put it into a mixture of vp and pg for 2-3 months then strain it very well and just use that in your refillable vape.
Lol I still use my vape pen (purchased disposable) even though I have so many jars full. But I mainly am going to do this so I can taste the terps more.

Ideally you want to adjust the ratio of vp to pg depending on how thick you want the concentrate but 40/60 50/50 or 60/40 is pretty common. I'm just gonna do 50/50 and put just enough to submerge my pile of coarsely chopping flower. Then I have to find a very good filter bag. I'll post some pictures in a few months.
Maybe a French press with a paper coffee filter between the press filter and the steeped flower mix?

Maybe a French press with a paper coffee filter between the press filter and the steeped flower mix?

Oh yeah good idea and easy!
Whoops I forgot to add the part about decarbing the flower so chop it up, bake it in tin foil or something then soak it.
Not sure about the alcohol part but many ways to do it I'm sure

Oh yeah good idea and easy!
Whoops I forgot to add the part about decarbing the flower so chop it up, bake it in tin foil or something then soak it.
Not sure about the alcohol part but many ways to do it I'm sure
A shot for the bud, a shot for choxie?

I found that one of those cone filters they use in my urologist office bathroom to catch a kidney stone is the perfect filter for making my tincture. Super fine and sits in a jar perfectly. I steal a few every time I go in there to make a deposit they have a big stack of them so whenever I go in there I also make a withdrawal 😂
Found out this worked when I had a few at home from my last kidney stone event.

I found that one of those cone filters they use in my urologist office bathroom to catch a kidney stone is the perfect filter for making my tincture. Super fine and sits in a jar perfectly. I steal a few every time I go in there to make a deposit they have a big stack of them so whenever I go in there I also make a withdrawal 😂
Found out this worked when I had a few at home from my last kidney stone event.

Oh I never thought of that!
I have access to them so I should do that. I was just gonna use some cheese cloth but the urine strainers have a very fine strain to them.

So just to clarify since I was kind of baked when I initially posted, I'm baking my weed at 240 degrees for 1 hour then I'm going to break it up a bit and put it into 50/50 VG and PG and then shake it every few days then strain after 3 months (ideally). I'm impatient so I might just throw it into my sous vide machine for a few hours and call it a day then strain it with cheese cloth.

Actually, I'm running low on my vape pens, so I'll just do the sous vide thing and hope it doesn't explode.

Wish me luck!!!

(Photo before decarboxylation. Never done this but I have so much flower it's ok!) Wow that photo looks so bad when it's compressed.

Attachments

• IMG20220628183237.jpg
    IMG20220628183237.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back