First timer here, hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I never thought of that!
I have access to them so I should do that. I was just gonna use some cheese cloth but the urine strainers have a very fine strain to them.

So just to clarify since I was kind of baked when I initially posted, I'm baking my weed at 240 degrees for 1 hour then I'm going to break it up a bit and put it into 50/50 VG and PG and then shake it every few days then strain after 3 months (ideally). I'm impatient so I might just throw it into my sous vide machine for a few hours and call it a day then strain it with cheese cloth.

Actually, I'm running low on my vape pens, so I'll just do the sous vide thing and hope it doesn't explode.

Wish me luck!!!

(Photo before decarboxylation. Never done this but I have so much flower it's ok!) Wow that photo looks so bad when it's compressed.
Interesting concept. Does it need to be decarbed? I thought the heat from the vaporizer would do that similar to smoking a bud. My kid had a vaporizer with adjustable temp that would accept ground flower but it may be different for vape juice.

Interesting concept. Does it need to be decarbed? I thought the heat from the vaporizer would do that similar to smoking a bud. My kid had a vaporizer with adjustable temp that would accept ground flower but it may be different for vape juice.
So I thought of that and I think most vapes using e-liquid are ran around 240-300 degrees whereas dabs/waxes/rosin us more closer to 400 degrees. So the decarb process takes an hour at a much lower time so that you can already use decarbed THC at much lower temps.
My guess is the the terps boil off too much under conventional blunts that you don't taste much.
So before I decarbed I can smell the grapes and sweet candy of my purple punch but afterwards I smell a bit of burn candy and that's about it. I'm not sure how it'll turn out but I got inspired by my Cru blue berry pen.
I'm guessing there were terps added tbh so I also bought some berry flavoring in case it tastes too bland.

So I thought of that and I think most vapes using e-liquid are ran around 240-300 degrees whereas dabs/waxes/rosin us more closer to 400 degrees. So the decarb process takes an hour at a much lower time so that you can already use decarbed THC at much lower temps.
My guess is the the terps boil off too much under conventional blunts that you don't taste much.
So before I decarbed I can smell the grapes and sweet candy of my purple punch but afterwards I smell a bit of burn candy and that's about it. I'm not sure how it'll turn out but I got inspired by my Cru blue berry pen.
I'm guessing there were terps added tbh so I also bought some berry flavoring in case it tastes too bland.
I had a chart with the vaporization point of all the cannabinoids and terpenes somewhere. Pretty sure they were all below 325. I will see if I can find it. It may be worth trying both ways though for comparison. I do know I made some cannabutter last week that wasn’t decarbed though it was about 2 years old(so some ‘decarbing’ could have been due to aging) that I simmered in a slow cooker for about 14 hours. I ate some of the butter(I usually use it in brownies) and found a quarter tsp was waaaaay too much. I have some butter that wasn’t made using aged trim. I will have to compare them.

This isn’t the chart but it looks like I was thinking Fahrenheit when the values are Celsius.
ACBD38A6-EA90-4016-B0EB-A8188A3047A3.jpeg

I'm pretty familiar with terpenes for temps as it's the same as hops when I used to brew beer and the volatility point would be the utmost point of contention. So I feel that 240 for 40 minute would be the best compromise.

Ultimately you want the THC to become thc-a in the most efficient manner so 240 is what I believe in the best utilization versus degredation of THC.

I kind of feel it's a bit disheartening seeing how a lot of the extracts add some degree of terpenes instead of relying solely on the buds to produce this but I can see how baking the flowers eliminates the smell and taste (after doing so). Anyways I guess I'll just see how it goes.

How does everyone perceive the terps on smoking flower? I can barely taste anything.

240 looks like you got it right and that you have a handle on it(a lot better than I do).

My taste buds are shot I think. Weed when I was a young man had more flavors as I recall. I have tried professionally grown bud that tastes no different to me than mine so it isn’t just my buds. I’m a bit envious of people who can taste different flavors that are similar to the buds aroma or to the flavor of a drag off of an unlit joint.

Your experiment is very interesting. Thanks for sharing it. I would like to know how to refill a cartridge like a single use Juul(if possible). It would be nice to try your method of making vape juice.

Re-potted the next round today. Doing things a little differently this time. Different type of soil which is Miracle-Gro twice as big along with the addition of more peat moss, compost, two five gallon buckets of old soil from male plants that didn't make it past the veg phase and beneficial microbes. 7 gallon fabric pots. The soil was definitely a lot lighter. Running under 600 HPS @ 60% and 20" height.

Attachments

• 20220629_140322.jpg
    20220629_140322.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 2
240 looks like you got it right and that you have a handle on it(a lot better than I do).

My taste buds are shot I think. Weed when I was a young man had more flavors as I recall. I have tried professionally grown bud that tastes no different to me than mine so it isn’t just my buds. I’m a bit envious of people who can taste different flavors that are similar to the buds aroma or to the flavor of a drag off of an unlit joint.

Your experiment is very interesting. Thanks for sharing it. I would like to know how to refill a cartridge like a single use Juul(if possible). It would be nice to try your method of making vape juice.
I bought a refillable vape pen and I think it was like $40 ish but it's still being shipped.

I kind of feel that way too, I can barely taste sweet, piney, earthy, fruity etc in the really top shelf stuff. I still think mine is way better!

So in the baked weed went! Going to sous vide one for a few hours when my vape pen comes (quick method) and also one that'll sit for 3 months.

It's so much more efficient this way and I also purchased berry terps to make it taste better in case it's really bland.

Attachments

• IMG20220628191907.jpg
    IMG20220628191907.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2
I bought a refillable vape pen and I think it was like $40 ish but it's still being shipped.

I kind of feel that way too, I can barely taste sweet, piney, earthy, fruity etc in the really top shelf stuff. I still think mine is way better!

So in the baked weed went! Going to sous vide one for a few hours when my vape pen comes (quick method) and also one that'll sit for 3 months.

It's so much more efficient this way and I also purchased berry terps to make it taste better in case it's really bland.
I have a Juul(FDA contraband now though opioids are prescribed to millions). I would like to be able to refill the pods. Probably some whiz kid out there on YouTube has done it. I just need to get off my nicotine addled butt and look. Good luck on your experiment. Sounds promising.

Oh I never thought of that!
I have access to them so I should do that. I was just gonna use some cheese cloth but the urine strainers have a very fine strain to them.

So just to clarify since I was kind of baked when I initially posted, I'm baking my weed at 240 degrees for 1 hour then I'm going to break it up a bit and put it into 50/50 VG and PG and then shake it every few days then strain after 3 months (ideally). I'm impatient so I might just throw it into my sous vide machine for a few hours and call it a day then strain it with cheese cloth.

Actually, I'm running low on my vape pens, so I'll just do the sous vide thing and hope it doesn't explode.

Wish me luck!!!

(Photo before decarboxylation. Never done this but I have so much flower it's ok!) Wow that photo looks so bad when it's compressed.
Since reading this idea I’ve been trying to learn about vape pens. I really know nothing about them. They do sell them at the smoke shack tho. Would you need one that was adjustable to burn what your mixing up? So I’m also surprised you have to decarb the weed since you kinda burn it right? I’m not even sure how they work need to do more reading. I’m gonna give it a try. I’ve only tried smoking one of those cig vape pens which always were fruity and they made me cough more than cigs. But I would like to try it with my GDP

Since reading this idea I’ve been trying to learn about vape pens. I really know nothing about them. They do sell them at the smoke shack tho. Would you need one that was adjustable to burn what your mixing up? So I’m also surprised you have to decarb the weed since you kinda burn it right? I’m not even sure how they work need to do more reading. I’m gonna give it a try. I’ve only tried smoking one of those cig vape pens which always were fruity and they made me cough more than cigs. But I would like to try it with my GDP
They sell regular vape disposable pens at any weed shop, but I wanted one with adjustability and to refill a large quantity 2+ ml. For us since we grow, we can make the liquid in bulk so I just threw around 10-12 grams for this experiment or more.

I just got a whirl s starter kit blue so maybe check it out? You can refill the disposable ones and recharge them but the filling capacity is tiny like 0.5 ml

They sell regular vape disposable pens at any weed shop, but I wanted one with adjustability and to refill a large quantity 2+ ml. For us since we grow, we can make the liquid in bulk so I just threw around 10-12 grams for this experiment or more.

I just got a whirl s starter kit blue so maybe check it out? You can refill the disposable ones and recharge them but the filling capacity is tiny like 0.5 ml
I’m gonna look at it. Thanx

6B8634A9-FDE0-4CFB-8B80-40DA55ECACAC.jpeg

is this what you got?

Yup that's the one!
I tried to find it seems that everywhere I went they were sold out Or they come from China and said they may take forever to get here. I started looking at others but like that one. Did you buy yours recently? I really don’t have a trusted source. I buy most stuff on Amazon but it seems they don’t sell them. My ingredients did come in the mail today tho 😊

Yes I purchased it like 10 days ago not from Amazon. I can't really remember where exactly hrmm

Latest posts

Back