First timer here, hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a tutorial to refill them. Now I need to get some PG and VG to play with…
Fogey, we gonna do another project together? 🥰 my PG&VG arrived today. I saw a recipe where you can make it in a magical butter machine which I use for tincture. I think I’m gonna try it both ways too also with a long soak method I’ll call it not knowing the terminology yet. I still need to find a pen so I’ll be ready when it’s ready

I will be wrapping these up here in 7-14 days. Amber trichomes started to show but there is still roughly 1/4 clear trichomes so I'm gonna give them more time. They also need flushed more so that's another reason. It's been a fun journey. I'v already got my next batch well on the way.

Attachments

• 20220707_125439.jpg
    20220707_125439.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220707_124524.jpg
    20220707_124524.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220707_124520.jpg
    20220707_124520.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220707_101244.jpg
    20220707_101244.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220707_101310.jpg
    20220707_101310.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220707_124707.jpg
    20220707_124707.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220707_125841.jpg
    20220707_125841.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3
K I posted it into the vape thread so please check it out if interested.

Gotta say, don't bake your flower as long as I did since it kept a burnt popcorn smell.

Not much going on here just waiting on them to finish up. I did start giving them a little more nutrients because I think I cut out the nutrients too soon, flowering is taking longer than I anticipated. Shared via Twitter as the videos are too large to upload.

Not much going on here just waiting on them to finish up. I did start giving them a little more nutrients because I think I cut out the nutrients too soon, flowering is taking longer than I anticipated. Shared via Twitter as the videos are too large to upload.

Oh yeah there looking good bud. I switch to water and molasses when I get the right cloudy to amber ratio. Then I flush 2 times maybe 3 depending on the Amber% after the second flush. Then I'll harvest a day or 2 after the last flush but I don't quit nutrients until I get the % I want of cloudy to Amber changing. You usually can time the cloudy to Amber change if you watch them changing 2 weeks or so before you think it's time to harvest.

Oh yeah there looking good bud. I switch to water and molasses when I get the right cloudy to amber ratio. Then I flush 2 times maybe 3 depending on the Amber% after the second flush. Then I'll harvest a day or 2 after the last flush but I don't quit nutrients until I get the % I want of cloudy to Amber changing. You usually can time the cloudy to Amber change if you watch them changing 2 weeks or so before you think it's time to harvest.
But Don't listen to me Mr GMO says I'm dumb and have bud of the month winning inferior buds. Think about that inferior bud won a bud of the month how bad is everyone else's lmao peace ✌️
I started to get some Amber on the one plant a couple weeks ago but it doesn't seem to have progressed. I had another thread here asking if they were done and I was told to wait a couple more weeks so next Tuesday will be two more weeks. I have noticed that I have got a lot more milky trichomes while waiting and I have tried the bud on one of the plants and I was extremely stoned so it is definitely good bud though not the high that I am going for. It was more of an energetic Bud that made me really talkative.

But Don't listen to me Mr GMO says I'm dumb and have bud of the month winning inferior buds. Think about that inferior bud won a bud of the month how bad is everyone else's lmao peace
I also wanted to add that I don't care what anybody says about anybody else on here. Everybody has something to add and I am not here for a popularity contest so all advice is very welcome. Thank you for your input.

But Don't listen to me Mr GMO says I'm dumb and have bud of the month winning inferior buds. Think about that inferior bud won a bud of the month how bad is everyone else's lmao peace ✌️
What are u using for molasses anything in particular?

What are u using for molasses anything in particular?
I'm starting to like this molasses idea and more and more, it seems to be talked about all over the Internet and highly recommend it in this forum so I will be trying this in flowering my second grow.

Unsulphered Blackstrap is what I have used for years. The higher the ‘brix’ level the better for the microbes in the soil. There is horticultural molasses that is higher brix than blackstrap but I can’t find it in smaller sized containers. Farms use it so what I have seen is 55 gallon drums. I think @pute uses Earth Juice Hi-Brix. @Bubba uses Bud Candy I think. I am not very sciencey so I can’t say whether blackstrap works or not. It is just what I have used. Maybe those 2 gentlemen will chime in. They grow some impressive looking budage…

I do use Bud candy. Never used molasses.
If I did, probably organic, preservatives are going to be counter productive to the beneficial you are trying to feed.

Would like to try the stuff pute talked about based on price, and his recommendation too

I only use budcandy first two weeks of veg,and first two weeks of flower. Doses of bud candy and carbo load to feed.

Bubba

I do use Bud candy. Never used molasses.
If I did, probably organic, preservatives are going to be counter productive to the beneficial you are trying to feed.

Would like to try the stuff pute talked about based on price, and his recommendation too

I only use budcandy first two weeks of veg,and first two weeks of flower. Doses of bud candy and carbo load to feed.

Bubba
Forgot about Carbo Load. I knew I was missing something…

I use GH3 and gh flora nectar it has like 5% (molases) who knows what kind and doubt it's enough so interesting topic to me as I hate gh but am stuck on it atm

I'm starting to like this molasses idea and more and more, it seems to be talked about all over the Internet and highly recommend it in this forum so I will be trying this in flowering my second grow.

Unsulphered Blackstrap is what I have used for years. The higher the ‘brix’ level the better for the microbes in the soil. There is horticultural molasses that is higher brix than blackstrap but I can’t find it in smaller sized containers. Farms use it so what I have seen is 55 gallon drums. I think @pute uses Earth Juice Hi-Brix. @Bubba uses Bud Candy I think. I am not very sciencey so I can’t say whether blackstrap works or not. It is just what I have used. Maybe those 2 gentlemen will chime in. They grow some impressive looking budage…

I use GH3 and gh flora nectar it has like 5% (molases) who knows what kind and doubt it's enough so interesting topic to me as I hate gh but am stuck on it atm
I am not up on different nutrients. I have used General Organics GOBox series, GH Grow, Bloom and Micro(that may be GH3 I guess) and Kelp4Less Grow and Bloom with Extreme Blend. I liked the GO stuff. Pretty easy but a lot of bottles. GH I had pH problems with because I don’t pH so I stopped using it. The Kelp4Less stuff seems good. I like the Extreme Blend a lot as it has humic and fulvic acids, amino acids and kelp and a little goes a long way(I bought a 1 lb bag a few years ago and I still have half of it). I will keep that. I am going to try Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect when I run out of my K4L stuff. I like that I don’t have to pH(allegedly) as I have either been lucky or lucky since I started growing 10 years ago and haven’t done pH’ing since early on. However, I have been using the organic unsulphered blackstrap molasses for years and my plants haven’t complained. Is it useful? I don’t know. I don’t have the space or organizational skills or the time to waste a grow or a plant so I keep doing what has worked for me. I am also a big fan of EM-1 which is a microbial soil inoculant. I recently bought some EM bokashi bran that early results look good on. I am growing the dreaded Freak Show that 3 of us have been doing battle with for a while. They seem vigorous since I started dosing them with the bran and EM-1. Sorry. Buzzed posting here…

Last edited:
@SubmarineGirl @WeedHopper @Airbone @bigsur51 @pute @choxie @RosterMan @oldfogey8 @boo @Hippie420 @Kindbud and anybody I may have missed.
Let me start out by saying thank you to everybody that puts her input into this grow and help me along the way. Of course I ran into some problems, who hasn't, and I find it so much easier to just ask people who can look at them and say "oh this is your problem" as opposed to reading article after article after article. Once again thank you all, you've been more than helpful.
Not only from this post, but there is so much good information on this forum everywhere and I'm glad that this is the one that I picked. Everybody here seems more than willing to help out fellow Growers and it's quick to do away with the Riff Raff, it's much appreciated.
So that being said that's it for this one. Running just the HPS today then I'm harvesting. I had someone come in and look them over and he said they are ready. He said the trichomes look ready, if you get a real close inspection there's more Brown trichons than I thought and that almost all the remaining ones are cloudy. He also stated that nearly all the hairs are red and withered with swollen calyxes and my upper leaves are dying off and that all these were good indicators that these plants are finished up. So I guess it's on to the next stage which is harvesting and hanging. It's cooling down around my area a little bit so it should stay about 70° in my basement and I reset my dehumidifier to run at 60% humidity so not to dry them to fast, I think that should do for drying. I will be hanging them in the box that I built for seedlings with the door cracked and a fan blowing on them. I know I got quite a bit of time ahead of me here for drying and curing but I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turned out.

20220727_114904.jpg

@SubmarineGirl @WeedHopper @Airbone @bigsur51 @pute @choxie @RosterMan @oldfogey8 @boo @Hippie420 @Kindbud and anybody I may have missed.
Let me start out by saying thank you to everybody that puts her input into this grow and help me along the way. Of course I ran into some problems, who hasn't, and I find it so much easier to just ask people who can look at them and say "oh this is your problem" as opposed to reading article after article after article. Once again thank you all, you've been more than helpful.
Not only from this post, but there is so much good information on this forum everywhere and I'm glad that this is the one that I picked. Everybody here seems more than willing to help out fellow Growers and it's quick to do away with the Riff Raff, it's much appreciated.
So that being said that's it for this one. Running just the HPS today then I'm harvesting. I had someone come in and look them over and he said they are ready. He said the trichomes look ready, if you get a real close inspection there's more Brown trichons than I thought and that almost all the remaining ones are cloudy. He also stated that nearly all the hairs are red and withered with swollen calyxes and my upper leaves are dying off and that all these were good indicators that these plants are finished up. So I guess it's on to the next stage which is harvesting and hanging. It's cooling down around my area a little bit so it should stay about 70° in my basement and I reset my dehumidifier to run at 60% humidity so not to dry them to fast, I think that should do for drying. I will be hanging them in the box that I built for seedlings with the door cracked and a fan blowing on them. I know I got quite a bit of time ahead of me here for drying and curing but I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turned out.

View attachment 304241
Just a quick comment. It is better to use the fan for air movement but not aimed directly at the hanging fruit(so to speak). I am not sure if I misunderstood. I do that frequently. BTW-I am happy for you. It is always satisfying to get a nice haul for all your hard work. Harvesting is fun. Trimming is not after your first trimming is done with. Enjoy this trimming because it is not going to be the best part of growing ever again… ;)

I guess it wasn’t just a quick comment. I am a blabber mouth today..,

Latest posts

Back