first timer, looking for some answers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmlove

Reaction score
hey guys first I'd like to say hello to everyone since im new here, but so far i like what i see. Anyway i just started a few plants the other day, They are currently outside because i am at home for summer. In about two weeks i move into my apartment at college where i will be setting up a indoor growing area probably in my walk-in closet. Now you guys might not like my reasoning but please just keep the opinions to yourself if they are negative. Anyway im basically doing this for money. Yea i will obviously keep some for myself to smoke but i really don't smoke much. maybe once a week or so. Plus im in college and i need to worry about studies. But im so far in debt and to support my car addiction i figure this will be a good way to make some quick money to pay off credit card bills which keep adding up, and yes i do have a job so don't worry about that. Anyway im not going to get into the whole dealing thing because i figure thats better to keep to myself plus its probably not allowed to talk about on here anyway, but what should i be expecting as far as ammount wise for a plant? I plan on growing it till i dunno its maybe a good 2-3 feet tall. I have 3 started right now but as soon as i get one good one i plan on cloneing it. (sorry if i sound inexperienced its because i am) im trying to get as much info from this site as possible so anyone that could help me or offer suggestions it would gladly be appreciated! thanks guys.

No offense but with such little experience and space...You would probably make more money recycling beer cans. IMO. Not to mention If you are going to try to harvest a substantial ammount you'll have to invest money in proper lights, fans, fertilizers, containers, soil...the list goes on.....

well yea i agree to a point but i do know enough about growing plants i think from high school and such ( i went to a agriculture school) and i do have probably half the supplies already. im still willing to give it a shot. plus of course i want my own weed, don;t want to be paying for it anymore.

number 1 - knock off the attitude and browse the forum. there are loads of newbies here asking fer advise akin to yours. number 2 - dont ever mention the dealing part again period here. number 3 - please take this advice before a mod kicks yer hinney out of here. number 4 - if ya know so much then why are ya here?

hey chief ^^

1. what attitude? i never had one before so i don't know where you're getting that from
2. my bad, if you had read my first post i had mentioned i figured it was probably wrong to mention it but i did anyway, i figured what the hell, the forums already about a illegal substance so how could it get any worse.
3. im taking the advice bud, thats why i posted here in the first place i just responded to turkeyneck to clear up some things he had though that i just didn't make clear enough in my first post, if i sounded at all like i had attitude then im sorry you took it like that. and if a mod has a problem with me hopefully they will tell me and give me legitimate reason for why i would get kicked out.
4. when did i say i knew so much? i only meant i knew basics.

i hope everymember on this forum dosen't have their panties in such a knot as this dude or i won't be sticking around for long.

and i dont have panties or are ya just tryin to start somethin you have no hope in hell of winning? thar ya go, now the insults - cum on bring it on. you answered the 4 questions then ya just had to add those two little lines - your on ignore

whatever. anyway i guess im asking how long i should be expecting from the day the seed is planted to when i can harvest. i don;t care if the plant is huge, maybe 2 feet tall or so. and how much bud can i expect from one plant?

hahaha...okay man..My point was that you'll have to spend a good bit of loot to setup a walk-in well enough to do this. You say you want to take the plants with you and move 'em inside...well it will take you a while to get that closet ready. Since you know the basics you know that your plants will need fresh air intake and outtake. You'll need some form of lights, not just regular light bulbs either. You say you have alot of the stuff....so tell us what you have and we can help you more.

go pick up some beer cans......lmao that was funny

hhahahaa it's a college town...he could be rich!! lol

i hope everymember on this forum dosen't have their panties in such a knot as this dude or i won't be sticking around for long.

Well, before I post what your gonna need to do I have to say. Dealing is anti-productive in most of our causes. The Black Market and commercial ops have a habit of putting a negative light on our "hobby". The main purpose of this forum is to help people set up tiny grow ops for "Personal" use only. This Forum does not support or endorse Dealing. I am a retired mod. so My words do hold a tiny bit of wieght.

OK so you want to produce lets say for shits and giggles. a decent operation to produce dank buds on a regualr basis. OK.

First forget those OD plants. Waste of time. Get on to a seedbank and order some good F1's. You want Indica dominant for ht. and fast flower periods. Sativas take too long. While your waiting on the seeds......
Get you grow ROOM (not closet) set up. You want two areas. 1. Florous or Metal Halide setup. That will run on an 18 hr. on and 6 hr. off or 24hr. on light schedule. This area will be for you mothers and clones.
Other Area will be larger. You will need at least one HPS. that is one a 12hr on and 12hr off schedule I'd say (2) 800W to get any commercial yeild. (2 lower watt light opposed to one big one)so it covers the entire canopy. You'll need an sealed environment with a large Carbon Filter. Because this room is gonna stink. You'll need Mylar, fans, blowers, All sorts of crap for both areas. (better get to reading).
In your Veg. Area. You'll want several seed starts. After 4 weeks of veg. take a few clones. root them and put em in flower. Once sex is determined eliminate any males. Keep the BEST females for cloning. These plants will never see the flower room until after a few harvests.
Take clones many many clones. After rooting put clones in flower room. @ 1 plant per sq. ft. This is one massive SOG (Sea of Green). At least 1 ounce per plant.
OK lets say your flower area is 5'X5' that would be 25 sq.ft. At 50W HID/sq.ft. you will need both those HIDS. or at least one 1000W. IMHO lower wattages covering an area is better than 1 biggie dead middle. less shading at the edges of the grow room.
This method will take 3 months to have up and running. but could produce on the speculation of 25 sq.ft. of flower area 25 ounces of herb every 2 months. Because its high quality herb, more $$ per ounce.
I would set-up a hydro operation for this size though with several resevoirs at the front for easy maint.

edit:
Estimated budget for lights. $1,000 bucks a total (no digital ballasts)
Seeds (decent ones for commercial 100 bucks)
Fans Blowers Mylar $200-$300
Commercial Carbon Filter Exhaust $300 (A Must)
Hydro set-up Depends on the system.
Already your 2 grand in.

But in the end, you prolly will get busted in the states being a rookie with an op. this big. And you'll have a freind accidently see it and run his mouth to his freinds next thing you know your being raided. College and growing don't mix.

I have seen some online @ 6,000W ops. but that just crazy and way way to dangerous. and these guys were pros. I know in my state an op. that big. at least 20 yrs. in the hooscow

THIS WAS FUN TO WRITE...BUT DEALING IS BAD MMMMK.

Quote:
go pick up some beer cans......lmao that was funny

hhahahaa it's a college town...he could be rich!! lol

Hell yea!..cans are about 75 cents a pound these days. In 'my day', they were about a quarter..:(

jdmlove said:
hey guys first I'd like to say hello to everyone since im new here, but so far i like what i see. Anyway i just started a few plants the other day, They are currently outside because i am at home for summer. In about two weeks i move into my apartment at college where i will be setting up a indoor growing area probably in my walk-in closet. Now you guys might not like my reasoning but please just keep the opinions to yourself if they are negative. Anyway im basically doing this for money. Yea i will obviously keep some for myself to smoke but i really don't smoke much. maybe once a week or so. Plus im in college and i need to worry about studies. But im so far in debt and to support my car addiction i figure this will be a good way to make some quick money to pay off credit card bills which keep adding up, and yes i do have a job so don't worry about that. Anyway im not going to get into the whole dealing thing because i figure thats better to keep to myself plus its probably not allowed to talk about on here anyway, but what should i be expecting as far as ammount wise for a plant? I plan on growing it till i dunno its maybe a good 2-3 feet tall. I have 3 started right now but as soon as i get one good one i plan on cloneing it. (sorry if i sound inexperienced its because i am) im trying to get as much info from this site as possible so anyone that could help me or offer suggestions it would gladly be appreciated! thanks guys.

after reading this i am in shock!IMO i dont think this is a good idea at all,you WILL get busted,it just takes too much setting up and running to hope to stealth a system any bigger than a couple of plants.
why put your future at risk:confused: ,there are other ways to get by,im not going to say any more because ill just end up getting myself in trouble if i say what im thinking

if fine i understand you guys. i put more thought into it and im decideing not to go this route. i may still grow 1 plant and also grow another plant (something not illegal) and just have it for myself. it will be cheaper and personally i don;t feel like getting busted its not worth it to me. so anything i post from now on will be about my own personal plant. i just figured it would be a lot easier and you wouldn;t need to much to make money off but forget that.

oh yea mutt thanks for the little write up. few questions. what are F1's and where can i get them? and im not too sure about the lights that you are talking about. what type are they and where can they be purchased? thanks

jdmlove said:
oh yea mutt thanks for the little write up. few questions. what are F1's and where can i get them? and im not too sure about the lights that you are talking about. what type are they and where can they be purchased? thanks

HID Lighting, Hydroponic equipment, mylar, pretty much everything you need. can be obtained HERE among a thousand other places online.

Seeds can be obtained HERE and HERE and.......;)
If wanting cheap go with Nirvanas line. but if you are going all out. The price will let ya know which ones are the cadillacs and which ones aren't.
If I had the money....I know DJ Shorts line, I would buy one of each hehehehe.

F1 is explained by Mendel's Law better be ready for a long read.

hey mutt bud, delta 9 goes on sale every now and then. you have to watch fer it

mutt i want to write all that down i guess u read u learn huh.kid must be young.oh wellthanx for the info it will definately help w/ my hobby

Whoa...After reading this post, you'll scared me away. Jdmlove, you came off on the wrong foot and you gave to much info on intentions and plans. Some stuff you just did to keep to yourself. Hope you are a quick learner and welcome to the board.

-GG

Latest posts

Back