First timer, need a lil help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope everyone will now believe tht we actually have plants and tht they are in fact females and tht Im nt an idiot an I do kno what hairs look like...

BB we believed you before but we just couldn't get what you were describing to us. Those plants actually look a bit odd from what we normally see with standard photoperiod plants. It is quite unusual to see plants that tall, with no alternating branches that are fflowering. (it is the alternating branches that usually means sexual maturity and ability to fflower). As Mr. Spock would say on Star Trek, "fascinating" :huh:

They look to be healthy enough. Although they look to be somewhat stretched from not having strong enough light on them for the full 12hrs. However that could be the nature of the strain to grow like that. What kind of soil do you have them in at this point? Are you doing any kind of feeding or just straight water?

One thing I will say.....for a piece of crap phone as you put it. It has a pretty darn good camera!! Those pictures are very crisp. Do you know what strain your plants are?

Well I bought a new phone thts why I'm able to post pics now...miracle grow potting soil and miracle grow powder feed.. I have no idea wat strain they are, my girlfriend smokes so the seeds she gts frm her bud thts wat we planted, thts how we grew those 2, we had a cpl other ones but they were males and it was very obvious cuz they had the "balls"

I'm nt sure wat strain my plants are but I jst gt my 60x lens, someone had posted tht if you kno wat strain they are you will kno when to start looking at the resin glands, well since I dnt kno wat strain mine are how will I kno when to start looking and how will I kno if I'm looking at the right thing.

I think she means from now....

Im new to this but may I suggest using a different nutrient than Miracle Gro....

Sure there are people who use it but most will tell you that it will make your bud taste unpleasant and there are many other nutrients that are specifically made for MJ that will work much better.

You will be able to tell when your plants are getting closer to harvest. I would figure that in about 6-7 weeks, they will look like the picture that I have posted here. The buds that you have now will thicken up a lot and get heavy. Many off the white hairs will have died off and turned reddish/brownish color. At that point, you will want to begin looking very close at the resin glands.

You will see the resin glands begin to grow on the buds and smaller "sugar leaves" that grow around the buds. They will be tiny, shiny looking things that look like someone sprinkled sugar crystals all over the buds and the "sugar leaves". When you look at them with your magnifying lens, you will see that they look like tiny glass suckers, tiny glass straws with clear to milky white balls on the tops. When they are getting ready, those little balls on top will swell and then as they become ripe, they will get milky white looking. When they reach full ripe, you will begin to see a couple of the tiny suckers (resin glands) get a yellowish/brownish (amber) color. The process off ripening of the resin glands takes anywhere from a couple weeks (after the heads are swelled), to 4-5 weeks depending on the strain.

I would say that if you begin checking them around 6weeks from now that they will be swollen but still mostly clear. then within another week or 3, you will see them change from clear to milky to some amber ones. :)

No those are all white hairs. You are about 6-7 weeks away from what I am talking about. Right now, all you need to focus on is giving them plenty of good light, fresh air, good water, and quality nutrients. Just keep watching them for the next 6-7 weeks to make sure they stay healthy and happy and you will see the progression that I am talking about. The buds will get bigger and fatter, some off the white hairs will die off and turn brown while new white hairs will grow in behind them.

It looks like you are doing fine so don't get impatient. Don't love the plants to death (it is very easy to love them to death by giving too much nutrients and/or water). Don't get in a hurry, and iff they begin to not look right, don't panic. Just take a few pics and post up here so we can see what's happening :) Keep asking questions and reading :)

:yeahthat:

May I suggest you change to a Bloom nutrient other than Miracle Gro. There are nutrients that are made for MJ or

something as simple and inexpensive as Espoma Flower Tone(which is organic) can be purchased at Home Depot/Lowes/Benny's.... a 4lb bag is $10. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorite bloom nutrients. You could also give them some black strap molasses.

:48:

Thank both of you very much, me and my girlfriend do continue to read every day. We really appreciate all the info tht you'd have been giving us, Hushpuppy: You've made it very easy to understand everything, I like the way you brake everything �� for us..im the type of person who likes to have everything explained step by step, cuz it doesn't matter wat I'm doin I'm always afraid I'm gna screw whatever it is in doin up but with the way tht you explain everything there's no way tht we cld screw it up lol, so we jst wnted to thank you very much and if you cld continue to help us and give us info we wld greatly appreciate it. We are super impatient, I was jst telling her last night tht I wish they wld jst hurry up and bud already..its jst amazing to watch then grow and to do wat they do, it's jst incredible to me tht it starts frm something so tiny and small and turns into this big beautiful plant.
Bud88: Do you use the Espoma Flower Tone, wat is black strap molasses?

Latest posts

Back