first timer need some serious help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouq

Reaction score
I've read about a thousand different websites and posts about growing and all of them differ from the next. I havent come across 2 that are the same, which is understandable because everybodies methods are different, But i can't find anything that really tells me exactly what to do. I just planted my seed yesterday and am waiting for it to pop through the soil. I gathered some info and decided to put it on a 18-6 cycle. Is this right?? I also am using an ordinary flourescent light with a fan in the closet for ventilation. I watered it once since yesterday. I know all this stuff was on a website but i have no idea if it's right, can someone please help me get started?

First hing I'm gonna ask you is what is your budget. That is the main factor in what you can do and can't (of course)

I'm really not trying to spend more than $100

Bouq said:
I'm really not trying to spend more than $100

Growing is not cheap, you get out what you put into it. It can be as simple as put it in the soil, put light to it, and water(but not overwater) and hope for the best. I would get a grow book, that can help with some questions. Its all about RESULTS.

whats up Bouq. lets see what we can do for ya. did you germinate your seed before planting? how big is your pot, and does it have drainage at the bottom? what kind of soil are you using? how far away do you have your light from the plant? how big is your grow space? i myself would go with the 24/7 light cycle for vegging IMO. by the way what strain are you growing?

ok lets see here i am using a pretty big pot, i read that some people plant the seed in a little grow box first but i just planted it straight in a big pot. I did germinate the seed in a paper towel for almost 2 days, i am using a moisture control potting soil mix made by miracle grow. The pot does have a drainage hole. the lights are about 12 to 16 inches away from the pot directly above it. the grow space is a small closet about 4 feet long 2 feet wide and 8 feet tall.I am not sure when to water but i figured when the top of the soil started to dry out. And i'm growing seeds i got out of a batch of BC buds. My friend is also growing plants, he has to move so we're bringing them over to my house today to grow here. They are about a week old and he has 3 of them, I really want to get into this because i have alot of time on my hands and MJ is one of my passions.

put your light about 2 to 4 inches above your pot. also try and get some more flourescent lights. you can get 3 packs at wally world for like $10. your best bet would be to invest in a 400 watt hps but will cost you around $150. also you have to be sure there are no light leaks in your closet.

Ok, is it bad that i will be growing plants that are a week apart in the same room?

Bouq said:
Ok, is it bad that i will be growing plants that are a week apart in the same room?
you should be fine. be sure to get that light close to your plant. also when you water just stick your finger in the soil about a inch or so down if its dry give it a drink.

Bouq said:

I dont think that will make a difference. Do you have a ph tester for your water? You can pick them up for $10-$15, and I would get a moisture meter another $10-$15. I agree that the lights should be lowered as well. How is the temp/humidity in your area?

It's kinda cold out side where i live about 50 degrees Farenheit but i have the grow room at 75 degrees, is it safe to transfer the plants from my friends apartment if it's cold outside, also what PH level and moisture level should the soil and room be at? Thanx so far guys this stuff is really helping the first straight up honest answers i've gotten so far!

Bouq said:
It's kinda cold out side where i live about 50 degrees Farenheit but i have the grow room at 75 degrees, is it safe to transfer the plants from my friends apartment if it's cold outside, also what PH level and moisture level should the soil and room be at? Thanx so far guys this stuff is really helping the first straight up honest answers i've gotten so far!
you getting them to your crib by car? they should be fine as long as it doesnt take long. ph should be 6.3 to 6.8 i think? your temps are fine. i'm stoned at the moment.:D

Cool, I'm gonna go to wal-mart right now and see if they have a ph tester or moisture tester, If i leave the lights on all day how long(how many days) should i do this for, don't they need to have some darkness?

i left my lights on 24/7 right up until i put them into flower. check out my grow journal that i'm doing right now. look in the grow journal section and you will see a thread ak-48/papaya/northern berry.

Thanks alot Brother's Grunt you were very helpful you too New Guy, I'm sure i will be asking alot more questions down the road and i appreciate the replies :)

no problem. you should start yourself a journal this way you can post all your questions and see your progress. think about it. :D

I bet I've spent well over 2 grand for my new setup.

Latest posts

Back